*** Supportive Friends -- Looking to Release 50+ Pounds ***

Options

Replies

• hmayo86
    hmayo86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm not good at commenting on everyone's post.. I'm reading them all, I promise! Lol by the time I get around to posting a comment, I can't remember who said what, so just know that I am reading all the posts and so proud of all of you for starting this process/sticking with it/getting back to it after hitting a rough patch, etc.

Update on me: weekends are rough! My husband works nights so I only see him on the weekends. We usually go out to eat and catch up on shows we've recorded throughout the week. Total couch potatoes. Not good. :embarassed: we are both trying to lose weight and be all around healthier but weekends are hard. And the next few weekends are full of family visiting us or us going to them, so lots of homemade goodness going on there lol hopefully after my sisters wedding in a few weeks things will slow down and we can figure out a better weekend system, but for now it's just going to be utter chaos. I'm still seeing some movement on the scale and in the proper direction, so hooray! I'm starting level 2 of 30DS today and I'm starting to incorporate Jillian's Extreme Shed & Shred video as well. I have a goal in mind for the week and going to try super hard to make it happen!

So, congrats to all of you who lost weight this week and for those of you who are having a hard time, don't give up! The weight didn't pile on overnight so it won't go away overnight either. Keep at it and you'll see a difference soon. It took me almost a month before the scale budged even a little, so keep pushing!! Have a good week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just saying hello so the thread will be in My topics so I don't lose it (again!).

I'm Elle and I have 50 to lose (does that sound like I'm in an AA meeting???), I started at 220, am now around 200 and looking to be around 150. I use metrics though, so am not very familiar with the pounds!

I'm 45 years old, Swedish but living in France. I'm single, have one daughter, a desk job. I love working out and try to move at least 5 times a week. It's very nice with a group like this! And now I'm going to start reading to get an idea of who you are :)
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Carolina girl here. Looking to lose a total of 59 pounds although i keep my ticker within a reasonable goal.....i think........had lost 19 only to gain 13 back so i feel like im starting from square one.........need tons of help
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Ruth aged 58 from Northern Ireland. I need to lose approx 70 pounds more. Good luck all!
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have 50+ pounds to lose. My little one will be 3 this year and I am still working on the baby weight and I have committed that this is the last year that this will be an issue for me. My theme words for this year are discipline and consistency. I have signed up for a couple distance races - 10 miler in April & half marathon in October to keep my training on track throughout the year. I work FT and spend a lot of prep time on weekends to plan for meals, home maintenance and exercise time. I like green smoothies, working on kid friendly healthy recipes, run training, gym cardio workouts, and I use the 30 DS to supplement my cardio.

My weigh in this morning was 190.9. My short term goal is 169 to leave obesity behind. My long term goal is 135. Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • daveslady9
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lori and I live in Florida. I have tried every weight loss program just about known to man and am still overweight! I yo-yo back and forth. I lost lots of weight several times on Atkins but it just hasn't been working. Last week my oldest son turned 27 and I made a joke that something was wrong because I was still carrying around prego fat! Reality set in....I had to sit and rethink the basics. That is you have to eat less calories than you burn. I found this web site and thought okay I'm going to give this a try. Tomorrow will be my first weigh in to see how I have done this week. But I feel great! Keeping track of my calories has made me responsible for what I'm eating!

My biggest problem is I have great intentions but don't follow through. I am 45, work in a very stressful job and commute 2 hrs a day. One thing I have come to terms with, THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL, DIET OR WAND that will take care of this issue for me! I am the only one that can control my weight.

I look forward to reading everyone's post and hope that I can be an inspiration to someone! BTW I have 100 pounds to lose!!
  • ventrone
    ventrone Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. My name is Penny, I live in Pinckney, Michigan. I am excited to find this group! I am generally not a big poster on any sites - but since I started MFP I have commented more than I ever have. Perhaps because I have so much in common -- losing weight.

I have my first milestone set at 77 pounds. Twenty more after that would be awesome, but I will address that WHEN I get there. However, I am not racing to get there. My goal is to eat less calories than I burn each day. I have a Fitbit One that keeps me honest with the burning part and this site that keeps me honest with the eating part.

I look forward to having less of me next time we talk.
  • Jennareyn
    Options
    It is so encouraging to see how many pounds and kilograms you all have managed to shake! Wow! Well done. I am 44 years old, an artist on her way to Spain for a month to paint with a whole group of artists, a mother of 4, 3 dogs and a cat, a gorgeous husband who I rarely allow to see me naked... and to be honest, I have just reached that point where I have had enough of all the excuses one makes as to why the the peanut butter sandwich at 12 in the evening, why the greasy pie instead of a healthy packed lunch for work, why the potatoe smothered in butter and cream. I've also grown weary of all the psychoanalysis as to why I have allowed myself to become so overweight, essentially hiding the woman I am beneath all these layers. Tired of battling to tie my shoelaces, of feeling clothes cut into my waist.

Enough! I say! I am looking forward to kicking those extra kilos to the friggin curb! I need to lose 69kg I am that much overweight!

Anyway, glad to meet such an inspiring crowd of progressors!!!! Looking forward to becoming one of you x
  • Jennareyn
    Options
    Oh and I am from South Africa :)
  • lana1977
    lana1977 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WOW !!! keep it up your doing great !!!! great motivation !!
  • lana1977
    lana1977 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi im Lana i would like to see 80 pounds down . Just trying to keep on track !!!
  • Tammy22274
    Tammy22274 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tammy, age 38, currently from Upstate NY. I have currently lost 18 lbs in 34 days, but still have 87 lbs to go to reach the goal weight I will be happy with. I have struggled in the past due to having Hosimoto's disease. Between this and the fact that I have been in menopause for 5 years due to a total hysterectomy 10 years ago because of extremely bad Endometriosis. I began gaining the weight about 9 years ago and it just continued on to the present moment before I started this new life change. I have tried several times to loss with no success but that is because no one ever check for medical reason as to what might be the problem until just over a year ago. I have very little support because I am currently going through a seperation and moving out of state so I only have my daughter as my strongest supporter. I will give you a quick run down of what I am dealing with at the present moment so you have some kind of idea what life is like for me right now. I am only telling you this so you can understand why I want to become part of this group, and not just for sympathy because trust me I know I have part to blame in some of the things I am going through because I allowed these things to happen.

Like I stated I am currently seperated since Sept. 2012. I am living with the Ex. Life has been hell living in the same house. I found out he was not the same person I married and he lied the entire time through out the marriage of 8 years- 9 years together. I fear living with him and have currently decided that I am going to relocate to Florida. I have 3 dogs that I am trying to place in forever homes and not having any luck. I am trying to find a place in Florida and again with no luck. Trying to loss weight but having a hard time with all the stress that I am currently going through. I also have just recently loset the brakes in the only vehicle I have and trying to get the money to get hat fixed as well. There is probably more that I am forgetting but this is the just of it and can use some support from others to keep me on the right track..

Hope you will add me to the group and being new friendships with others, and also help support others and get the support from others I need.. :heart: :smile:
  • DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Debbie Ray and I have about 50 lbs before I reach my first goal. Could use all the support I can get.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    hi Im Jenn I have 84lbs to loose, last year i was at my 80lb lost mark and felt wonderful, after a divorce, neck surgery, loss of job and stress gained 50lbs back. now I have a wonderful new job, new fiance and neck is feeling a lot better its time for me to concentrate on myself again! I'm so excited I love this site. started back on track today and my fiance is looking up some stuff fitness wise that can help as i still have some low back issues. ( i was in a car accident almost 2 years ago) I look forward to gettng to know everyone and having a great support system like i had previously. hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Welcome Jenn...

I too have experienced down time, weight gain due to an injury. I injured my back some time ago and it took nearly a year and a half to be able to work out again. I use an exercise ball whenever my back seems to be bothering me. I bought the ball with a DVD and stretch band as a kit. The ball is really supportive on the back while doing sit-ups. Just the effort to balane while doing the exercises really builds core strength. It's a really fun tool. Give it a try! Good luck, and keep us posted.

Thank you so much! I have had 2 balls in the past and my cats like to jump on them and pop them. I may try to get another one though they are older maybe they wont bounce on it so much! lol.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Okay I will try and pop back later to really read everything but for those that I remember:

Zena: Glad to see you back!!!!

Becky: you will be fine on your next run, I know it. I have faith in you. I need to get back running. I know when I run, the weight drops off. Need to brave the cold and the feeling of being inadequate and get it done! My goal is to log everything this week too. It will likely be Monday night when you read this, so, how was yoga?!?

Penny: well done and well done at staying off the scales for a while and trusting your clothes. wish I could do that! Oh and the buffalo chicken lettuce wraps....super tasty!!!! Making them again this week.

Gettinyoung: well done on making good choices and on releasing 3 more pounds! That sounds like a rewarding job you used to have.

Amanda you are having great success! Good job at getting back to the gym and on the weight loss! I can't wait to get back to the gym :)

MartialAngel: sorry you are going through a tough time.

Hmayo86: sounds like a busy time in your place. What about spending some of that weekend time preparing healthy meals together to enjoy during the week? I would love to be able take my own advice but it never seems to happen!

So I'm sitting here writing this post, feeling pretty good about how I've done today. Planned my meals, worked around a snack I didn't plan on (well I did but not smartly, I will explain later) and my SIL plops down a plate of fried plantain. It is so yummy but so not good for me. Have had 4 pieces and moved the plate away. Don't want to hurt her feelings as she is trying to be nice. Will put away in a container once she has vacated the kitchen.

This unsmart snack. I having been trying to get my head back into things. I am two pounds up this month (BOO! but there is 4 days to go so ya know, miracles can happen!). Been really struggling. Big part of me keeps saying to just wait until you go back to work at the end of March, it will be easier then. Part of me embarrassed to be going back 40lbs heavier (although when they last saw me I was preggers so.....). Anyways, I'm rambling. I hit up Starbucks this morning, got a tall skinny sugar free caramel macchiato and a skinny lemon and poppy seed muffin. I'm logging the muffin which pops up at 300+ cals and I'm questioning why I got it and ate it. And the answer was because I could. Not because I really wanted it or was hungry but because it was there. And that was an answer I didn't like.

My plan this week is to focus on food. If I get some exercise in, that's a bonus but for now, need to get the food issue sorted. Menus have been planned and groceries bought. Have gotten my biggest loser cookbook out. I beg you to ask me how its going and keep me accountable. I am also going to try to get on here every couple of days. I know when I am here, I always do better.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi, all :) I'm Laura... mom of one, 30 years, and have 67 pounds to go... maybe add 10-15 to that if I get to 150 and decide I wanna go further. I'm doing really great so far, and even being sick my energy level is up from what it was a month ago. My husband put his arms around me today and said "wow, you are losing weight!" because he could touch his hands to his elbows around me without squishing me!

I've struggled with weight/body image issues since I was old enough to grasp that girls are supposed to be thin. (Gag... one major thing I will NOT be teaching my children.) My doctor father and 5'9" swimsuit model mother (I kid you not, I couldn't make this **** up) between them managed to convince my 10 year old self that I needed to be on Slim-Fast, and it was all down hill from there. By the end of high school I was 170, by the end of college 200. Got up to 220, then down to 200 again, then back and forth over that same twenty pounds until my son was born and I was put on Domperidone to help a scanty milk supply... nobody warned me about the weight gain side effects. I was flirting with 200 pounds again, and skyrocketed up to 240. Now off the drugs, had my gallbladder out a week and a half ago, and I am just. plain. DONE. Done being fat, done being sick, done being tired and stiff and unable to keep a job or chase after my increasingly active toddler. D.O.N.E. I need all the support I can get.
  • Zap77
    Zap77 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi all...I'm Adrienne.. feel free to friend me as I love to give and get support! I began my weight loss journey on 1/2/2013 after looking at my Christmas pictures and simply thinking..... WHY for thre last time! LOL.. I have been doing very well.. I'm down 12 pounds and I exercise 5 to 6 times a week.... My goal is to get down to 155..

MFP has been excellent in assisting me and helping me to accountable!! i do a combo of cardio, weights and pilates both matt class and equipment.. i like to mix it up as I get bored very easily! lol

Recently my weight loss slowed a bit but I am confident in my plan and will mix some stuff up a bit more....

Have a great day everyone!! :glasses:
  • acdk207
    acdk207 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    New-B here, needing to lose about 54 pounds! Always looking for help, support and motivation to stay on track and to remind me that I can do this! WE can do this!
  • divadame
    Options
    I'd like to join this group, I've lost 16, have 67 pounds more to lost to try and avoid back surgery or to be more fit if I end up having to have it.
  • mcruseturner
    mcruseturner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, all :) I'm Laura... mom of one, 30 years, and have 67 pounds to go... maybe add 10-15 to that if I get to 150 and decide I wanna go further. I'm doing really great so far, and even being sick my energy level is up from what it was a month ago. My husband put his arms around me today and said "wow, you are losing weight!" because he could touch his hands to his elbows around me without squishing me!

I've struggled with weight/body image issues since I was old enough to grasp that girls are supposed to be thin. (Gag... one major thing I will NOT be teaching my children.) My doctor father and 5'9" swimsuit model mother (I kid you not, I couldn't make this **** up) between them managed to convince my 10 year old self that I needed to be on Slim-Fast, and it was all down hill from there. By the end of high school I was 170, by the end of college 200. Got up to 220, then down to 200 again, then back and forth over that same twenty pounds until my son was born and I was put on Domperidone to help a scanty milk supply... nobody warned me about the weight gain side effects. I was flirting with 200 pounds again, and skyrocketed up to 240. Now off the drugs, had my gallbladder out a week and a half ago, and I am just. plain. DONE. Done being fat, done being sick, done being tired and stiff and unable to keep a job or chase after my increasingly active toddler. D.O.N.E. I need all the support I can get.

Hi Laura :) My name is Mary, I'm new here and I have never done any kind of forum, blog, or discussion board before. I'm also 30, and I have 2 children (2 and 8). I also have chronic pain in my back and feet, leading to difficulties exercising. Sounds like we have a few things in common. I was hoping to make some weight loss buddies to increase the motivation, and after reading your post I thought replying to you might be a good start! Congrats on your 23lbs lost so far, keep it up girl!!!