the hallway
    my sons room
    and the living room
    still to do:
    the computer room
    laundry room
    dinning room
    and kitchen
    I am making my older kids clean their own rooms, I feel exhausted but I got most of the house done in about 4 hours worth of work. my son is a hand full so I have to clean around him and play with him then go back to cleaning. but it is slowly getting done thank god. its not that its that messed up but I have been spring cleaning so it is taking longer then normal.
  • tiffsting
    tiffsting Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hellooooooooo ladies (and gent)! I just skimmed through a few pages of your thread and thought I'd pop in and say hi. I've been using MFP for a while now, but you know how it goes.... log on for a day or two then fall off the wagon. I am FINALLY serious about my health and losing weight, so I've been on here pretty much every day since I started my new journey to health 5 weeks ago and am proud to say I've lost 23 lbs already! I have found that having support, and being able to relate to other people on the same journey helps A TON so here I am....... looking to support others and be supported. And ya'll seem like a great group! :happy:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    @uhohkerri - I was breathless reading through your list, that's one mega pile of cleaning!

@meg - Welcome, don't assume your weight has actually gone up, it could be sodium and water retention. I travel a lot, during which I tend to eat in hotels/restaurants, thus high sodium, and not drink as much, so when I get home it takes me two/three days to lose the water. I've been away this week and this morning I am a bit less than a pound higher than last Sunday's weigh in. However, I know from experience when I weigh on Sunday I'll have dropped a bit.

@tiff - Welcome, 23 lbs in 5 weeks is going some, it has taken me about 8 or 9 to achieve the same. Totally agree about support, and I also think it is somewhere to report your little triumphs and have them taken seriously, which is a tremendous boost. Looks like you've finally got the message and changed your mindset thus the 'new journey to health'. Keep up the good work!!

@marsha - there are no such things as plateaus, only periods of rest and consolidation. The important thing is the trend, if it is steadily downwards long term, that's what matters, not the plateaus or even the amount lost. Don't get hung up, just know that if you reach a plateau, the next move is going to be downwards

Well, all, an interesting week. Started with finding out that shirts I hadn't been able to wear for about a year now fitted along with a pair of trousers which wouldn't go round my waist but now do so I had a different wardrobe for this week. The days were full of temptation, from Mr Hilton who kept leaving me his 'welcome pack' of water, wine, potato crisps and chocolate, which I found hard to resist, it would be rude not to eat it after all, and secondly from eating out and drinking with colleagues, too easy to say, to hell with it I'm going to take that ridiculously unhealthy menu choice, or another drink, but I did manage to resist, nearly, and overall kept to my target, though I came closer to exceeding it than ever before, and had to go for a quick couple of brisk walks to keep within! My boss who I hadn't seen for a couple of months actually noticed I had lost weight, the first non family person to do so, and I was totally delighted. I also felt a lot better this week, and am now able to walk briskly without getting breathless which is a great improvement. I was tempted by the wellness centre in the hotel but when I saw all the lean, fit, young bodies doing their bit in there decided the world was not ready for the glory of my semi naked body in its current state, I'll wait until I've lost another 50 lbs (and maybe 30 years, though that might be more difficult to lose!). Finally to close, I got a lot of compliments from some of the high ups at work about one of my projects which completed successfully a couple of months ago without a hitch and, just as important, my dogs were delighted to have me home last night :happy: Test weighing myself this morning I am, as I said above, a bit less than a pound higher than last Sunday which bodes well for this Sunday's weigh in as I usually lose 2-3 lbs of water over a couple of days at home after a trip. But to be honest, even if I've stayed the same as last week I'll be happy and in any event I know I can't have put on any more than a pound.

One weird thing I noticed. For many years, when someone said "How are you?" to me, my stock answer was "Not so bad". Without consciously changing, it is now "Very well thank you". And I mean it. I know it is early days but I do think this journey has had benefits beyond losing a bit of weight, it has given me a much more optimistic outlook.

Have a good Easter weekend and keep that weight dropping off :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well I'm new to this forum. I've been using MFP for like a year or so, religiously for about 6 months. I've seen some great results. The weight loss is REALLY slowing down now that I'm 25 pounds from my goal. I know that every day counts as I'm making my way there. I know it'll all be worth it when I finally fit into a pair of pants that doesn't have a double digit as my size. I am super serious about getting it done. I decided this is the year that I'm going to stop complaining and fix the things I complain about. So far, I've lost weight, gone to the dermatologist, gone back to school for another degree, and gotten a promotion at work. When you put your mind to it, stuff really gets done!!!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, just not really in the right mindset. Bf's Plymouth job increased their offer to create a bidding war, I'm tired of the whole situation. I'm seriously looking at the feasibility of me moving down there (and it's looking increasingly impossible for me to be able to make the move). Hopefully one day this will get sorted and I'll know what direction my life is going in.
    This weekend I'm going to enjoy my days off, spend quality time with my family and dog's, and relax!
    Hope you all have a lovey Easter break xxx
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi -- I'm Jena. I am 54 and have 60+ pounds to lose. My daughter gets married in June and while I have failed miserably at having lost ALL the weight, I can still lose something and feel good about getting my picture taken.

I have insulin resistance and high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high triglycerides. So my health is at risk. I work full time and I HATE to exercise.

So, this is going to be a challenge. I could use all the help (and kicks in the tush) as possible..

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • icanfinallybeme
    icanfinallybeme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Why hello! I'm Abigail, and I decided about a week ago that I really do want to feel healthy again. I love myself, and my body, but that doesn't mean I can't benefit from exercise, healthy eating, and getting back to where I once, two years ago, was, at about 120 lbs. I currently weigh 217, which is already a bit lower than that week ago! My weight is due to ultra-weight-gaining medication and a sedentary life style that this past week I kicked in the *kitten*. I'm on day 5 of the 30 Day Shred, about to do today's workout, and I've been aiming for 60+ minutes of workout each day (the Shred, walking all over town, other circuits, stationary bike...) with 600+ calories burned total. So, I'm looking to about 100 pounds to lose, and I could use the support, and am here to support you all. Feel free to add me, as well!
  • MissNikki289
    Options
    HI Everyone! I'm Ashley. I'm 28 and I have 30lbs to lose. I really really need encouragement for those days that I feel like being lazy and giving up. To those whom have been with fitness pal for a while know, How do you keep going and stay motivated?
  • gonzamm
    gonzamm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Maria and I have about 70 lbs to lose. I started my quest about about 3 weeks ago. It's been a slow but steady process. I read some of your posts and feel that I am in the right place to find support in reaching my goal. If I can give someone else motivation along the way, it will make me happy. I always start my diets on a Monday and by Wednesday I fall off the wagon. This time with the help of MFP and you, I can stay on track. I do love this application and intend to use it on a daily basis.

Good luck to all and thanks for listening.
  • ron2e
    Options
    Wow! Flood of newbies!! Welcome Tnsumner, Jena, Abigail, Ashley, and Maria, I'm sure you'll get, and give, the support you, and we, need here.

@Penny - Sorry to hear you're having such hassles, try to relax and have fun this weekend, life has a funny way of sorting itself out, usually in strange ways (or at least mine does!)
  • uhohkerri
    uhohkerri Posts: 43
    Options
    welcom all you newbis this is a good group.

@ron Yeah tell me about it took 3 hrs and 45 minutes to get it all done but i did. just spring cleaning usually i just go through and pick up but i moved furniture and scrubed stuff do it about ever two months here in this stink hole El Paso to much sand.

MFP is wonderful but as hard as i work i have no ideal how i seem to not be losing anything and it is really begining to suck. i have lost a total of maybe two inches all together but it just feels like i am not budging. I really need to buy a scale but i am afraid i would try to be on it every day so i have to be patient and wait on doctors appointments.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Uhohkerri: how long have you been trying? And how many places do you measure...do you actually measure or is it a guess? If you don't have a tape measure, then get one, and measure multiple places, neck, arms, bust, chest, waist, hips, thigh. Inches take a while to drop off, but .2 inches (especially if it's from your waist) is awesome progress. I'd take 2 inches over 10lbs every time!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @Ron, that's awesome about the clothes fitting. I think I am officially 2 pant sizes smaller than I was 2 months ago. Love it. And it's great that your boss is seeing the change in you! Pretty soon you should be getting all sorts of comments :)

@Tnsumner, wow, you really are motivated! Good work on being over halfway to your goal, along with everything else!

@Penny, I hope things get less stressful with your work situation. I know the feeling of needing a solid direction and not having it. Totally sucks. Things will get sorted out. Just hang in there!

@Jena, I've got to encourage you to get out there and exercise. Back in January, I said the exact same thing. I HATE exercise. But pushing through those negative feelings, getting over the fact the sweat is gonna happen, I now love to exercise! It was weird when I realized that, because in my head I was still hating it, but then I realized how much better my moods are and how much my body craves it, and gave in to the enjoyment of it.

@Abigail, welcome! I see you mentioned a variety of workouts, and they all sound similar to what I do. A lot of walking, 30DS, etc. Good luck, glad to have you part of this.

@Maria, hello & welcome!

Well, my weight went up again. I really think its the sodium. Ugh. I hope it starts coming off again soon. But I did good on exercising today. 30 minutes doing Wii Advanced Step, and about 7.5 miles bike riding (on a one speed bike with a toddler strapped to it! THAT is a workout!!!).
    Also stuffed 250 or so plastic Easter eggs this morning for the kids and my niece and nephews. Glad that my family has planned a fairly healthy Easter dinner.
    I'm off to Good Friday service at church. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • ron2e
    Options
    @uhohkerri - Sand gets in everywhere, I can sympathise. I lived in Africa for a number of years and the dust in the dry season was probably worse as it was finer! There is nothing wrong with weighing yourself every day as long as you do so at the same time (ie first thing in the morning after toilet visit and before any food and drink, and weigh yourself naked) and don't over interpret the results. I've been doing this for some time when I'm at home (I do a lot of business travel so can't always) and find I can tie down weight rises or plateaus to largely sodium, not drinking enough and therefore water retention. For example I've just been away for a week, I weighed myself yesterday morning and was the same as last Sunday before I left. A day of drinking normally and no high sodium food and this morning I am down 2.6 lbs on yesterday, which taken over the week is good. I expect by tomorrow to have lost a little more. This pattern has repeated itself so many times.

@meg - see above, sodium it probably is, just don't get discouraged. I must admit I had got to the 'I hate excercise' stage, but that was because I was too fat, it was unpleasant to do, I hurt from the efforts and it was easier to be a couch potato. I'm starting to turn that around and am doing more walking than I used to and I now feel the more I lose the more I'll be able to do.
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! I just bought a dress that was a size 12 and shorts that were a size 14 (I'm shaped like a pear). I feel like these last 25 pounds are going to feel like 50 pounds! I bought some egg white protein today. I'm mixing it with almond milk. I can't have regular milk, whey protein, or soy milk. So that really limits my options. The shake I made with the almond milk and egg white protein was actually pretty good and very filling. 150 calories with 27g of protein. Not bad if I do say so myself!!
  • uhohkerri
    uhohkerri Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!! I just bought a dress that was a size 12 and shorts that were a size 14 (I'm shaped like a pear). I feel like these last 25 pounds are going to feel like 50 pounds! I bought some egg white protein today. I'm mixing it with almond milk. I can't have regular milk, whey protein, or soy milk. So that really limits my options. The shake I made with the almond milk and egg white protein was actually pretty good and very filling. 150 calories with 27g of protein. Not bad if I do say so myself!!
    I know how it feels to be limited by food allergies as well as medical requirements, I can't wait till my taxes get here so I can go get the kind of food I actually need cause I am only suppose to have 40g of fat per day which is absolutely impossible right now cause I don't have any really healthy foods in the house. Anyways stay with it you are doing awesome so far.
    @ron wow you have had an exciting life my life has been more simple and country was raised in the hills of Tennessee, and the most fun we had was hiking up to a secluded swimming hole and skinny dipping. my youth was spent in church on Sunday morning and out at the lake or hiking through the woods I loved every minute of it. was a wild southern child with a good fear of God. I still prefer hiking, fishing, hunting, and camping over any of these new games and systems and I can't wait to get back into shape to have my kids be able to have the same fun experiences as I did. My mom still thinks I am crazy for teaching all my kids to climb trees.
    @penny know inches are good so far I have only measured what it says to on here I haven't done my full measurements since before my gallbladder was remove, I know I need to do it again I have to get my daughter to take another pic so I can post it I don't remember if it is on here or if I still have it on Facebook I will see and post it on here if not.

I am still having issues with getting into a gastroenterologist they are still giving me the run around err hate doctors. my school is almost done I think I still have like 50 days or so to finish but I am going to try to finish a bit early and start making some kind of money while I work from home and still raise my kids myself. I am looking forward to Easter morning doing a presentation with the youth church, then lunch and egg hunt at my mother in laws. then home to rest and relaxation.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @Ron, you're totally right. I'm down 1.6 lbs from yesterday. Finally recovering from my retreat last weekend, yay! Been trying to watch the sodium and drink lots of water. Can't wait to get out in this beautiful spring weather and do some walking with my dad and sister today.
  • ron2e
    Options
    @meg - yes it's weird and happened again to me this week. Sunday to Friday, no loss showed on the scales, Saturday to this morning at home, lost nearly 4 lbs! Wish the weather would improve here in the UK, took the dog for a walk Saturday and had snow flurries! It was damn cold!!

@ALL - where are you? You need to post to keep this thread going, what are your triumphs and failures, do you need support, etc, etc?
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this sounds like a really nice group:smile: !
    I've been on MFP for 215 days so far and went down a little bit more today (haven't posted it yet, cause I just woke up). I had a mostly sedentary, very intensive class last week that kept me from exercising, so I am now back down to where I was before the class and a little more! Yay!

I've also started doTERRA products to lose weight, they are an essential oil company and I met with one of the reps as I am a massage therapist and use oils daily in my practice. I like the Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend for losing weight and helping me have more energy. I've noticed, using just one drop in my water in the morning that I can cut back dramatically on coffee. If you want to order some of that stuff, just inbox me and I'll send you the link to my site. They also have a Trim Shake which I am using with almond milk and it is supposed to help you get less cravings. I love the taste, but not sure how well it's working. I never gave in much to cravings before, so we'll see... vitamins coming soon, so I'll be sure to give you a report on those as well.

I started at 272, and have been in plus sizes for at least 15 years. I have genetic depression and bipolar issues where the meds they put me on had me gaining weight. Now I'm shopping in the ladies' department for the first time in as long as I can remember, and I'm so thrilled! My original goal weight was 175, but I'm thinking of moving it down to 150. I am 5'6" and large framed.

Anyone can feel free to add me if you want mutual support. Or at least check out my profile for before and after pictures from last month.
  • ron2e
    Options
    @melinda - I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but your post came across a little bit like a sales pitch. You have to be a bit careful or the mods will jump on it. Looking at your profile there is no doubt you are genuine about the weight loss and have done very well so far, so I hope you don't take this as criticism, just a friendly observation.