• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My food doesn't have labels :smokin:

Oooh...living on the edge...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    and here I thought it was about misleading labels (is low fat McCain fries have a smaller searving size then their regular fries :grumble: )...it's just about gettin' some skin...jeez...in for the skin. Nom Nom...best part. :drinker: :smokin: :drinker:

Long live Southern Fried Chicken
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My food doesn't have labels :smokin:

Oooh...living on the edge...

:laugh: quite.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you don't cook much, do you?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    You all realize this is an 8 month old thread, right?

ETA - though it is kind of entertaining.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Wait until you find out what sausages are made of :smile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You all realize this is an 8 month old thread, right?

ETA - though it is kind of entertaining.

someone used the search function again....:laugh:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I would eat just about anything if it tasted good and wasn't harmful....I mean, canebelism isn't even off my list....

DA *kitten*? :noway:

Tastes like chicken... :laugh: :laugh:

You mean cannibalism? Apparently raw it tastes more like raw tuna? Cooked is a different story, although it's meant to be more gamey than chicken...
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I do agree it is amazing what you find when you start reading labels. Though I don't agree with the chicken skin issue being in soup. It is a part of the chicken and a tasty part at that!

I have to read labels now because of the number of items I have to stay away from for a medical reason (not an allergy, but an issue with specific things causing the condition to "flare"). One thing that has been making me SO frustrated is the amount of products that use soy lecithin. Just depressing because I can't have it! It has gotten to the point where I am starting to make my own breads, roasting large amounts of meat for lunch meat, and making my own treats (peanut butter cookies this week).
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Then, I read the ingredients. What does that say? Chicken skin....? :noway: Yes, that's right. Chicken SKIN! In my soup!
    GROSS!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:
    Was it high on the list? In the U.S., the higher on the ingredient list, the more it contains of said item. My guess is that the chicken skin is incidental. Even when I trim off the chicken skin, I still probably miss some. Imagine when it's mechanically de-skinned.
  • TheCalorieSMASHER
    TheCalorieSMASHER Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The skin's the best part!

^^ Truth. Every Thanksgiving, we have a rotisserie chicken and everybody fights to the death for the skin.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    The skin's the best part!

^^ Truth. Every Thanksgiving, we have a rotisserie chicken and everybody fights to the death for the skin.

Wow, how many survive the holiday massacre to carry on the tradition? :laugh: :wink: :tongue: :happy:
  • soozy_q
    soozy_q Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    my sausage and mash microwave meal said "may contain fish" no joke I am 100% serious. i couldn't believe it. Still ate it though
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the native american in me, but I think eating/using as much of an animal that gave it's life to feed me is the ethical thing to do. I am by no means a vegetarian, but I do consume meat as humanely and ethically as possible. But from responsible, local farmers and use as much of it as possible. Chicken skin is not gross. It adds great flavor to a soup!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I would eat just about anything if it tasted good and wasn't harmful....I mean, canebelism isn't even off my list....

DA *kitten*? :noway:

Tastes like chicken... :laugh: :laugh:

You mean cannibalism? Apparently raw it tastes more like raw tuna? Cooked is a different story, although it's meant to be more gamey than chicken...

This it's why I only eat pastured vegans.