How I lost 10lbs (of fat) in 7 days

Options

Replies

• sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Woah woah woah, before you all start a witch hunt!! I am saying that I lost 9-10lbs fat ACCORDING TO THE MEASUREMENTS I'VE HAD TAKEN, in three different sources! I'm sure if I got a bod pod or dexa scan taken, it would show something very different! I am under no delusion that I've lost 10lbs of pure lard! Perhaps I should have explained it better...

I'm also quite dissapointed that even though I've clearly said that I'm not starving myself, you say that I am. I chose to give IF a go and HIIT after reading many good things about it from several people on here who have had astonishing results. And you should all know that you can get crazy results in the first week of trying something new!

I just wanted to post what MY experiences have been, and to hopefully help others who feel lost. This is NOT a short term diet and I was not on a quest to lose a lot of weight. I simply followed the guidelines, and was astonished with the results, which I have not had following any kind of program.

If you read it all, you will see where I say that I have never felt more powerful, energetic and focused. I'm not saying that you should do this, different methods suit different people, but I did want to celebrate, that after 3 years of being overweight, I have found the method that suits ME the best, and I feel awesome about it.

Over and out!
  • Losershawn
    Options
    This was awesome to read. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try some of the things you suggested.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I really don't want people to read the OP's post and think it is a miracle way to lose weight/fat quickly......it isn't.

It's simply low calorie with exercising. This will always result in fast "weight loss",(actually it's mostly water loss) for the first week, sometimes longer for some people.

I myself have done this type of thing in the past, plenty of times over the years, when I would regularly crash diet and I have lost between 7 and 12lbs in a week. But it is NOT FAT and it will come back on just as quickly as it left once your body settles back down.

Please.....if you are reading the OP's post and want to follow her lead, do so by all means, but be under no illusion of what you are losing and that it is temporary.

Quite simply...our bodies just don't work that fast! :noway:

^ This x1 million
  • Janey142
    Janey142 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well done for all your lifestyle changes! Good luck throughout the rest of your journey! Jane x
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Woah woah woah, before you all start a witch hunt!! I am saying that I lost 9-10lbs fat ACCORDING TO THE MEASUREMENTS I'VE HAD TAKEN, in three different sources! I'm sure if I got a bod pod or dexa scan taken, it would show something very different! I am under no delusion that I've lost 10lbs of pure lard! Perhaps I should have explained it better...

Now you are trying to backtrack? Look at your title and previous comments. You are claiming you lost 10lb of fat.
    If you’re interested in finding out how I starved myself, took diet pills and ran 10 miles everyday, you wont find that here.

Well… you did starve yourself. 600 cals a day is starving yourself.

Anyone else that reads this and thinks it’s a good idea, it’s not. Don’t do it.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi there Jilly,
    I did actually burn about 9lbs of fat in a week, which I had double and triple checked by my gym with callipers and there fat measuring machine. When a did WW a couple years ago, I lost 7lbs in the first week, and by body looked no different, no change in inches. With this first week in IF (I was already exercising a little and eating well before), I lost 2 inches around my waist, 1 around my chest, 1.5 around my hips and I went down a full cup size.
    I was eating around 1200 calories a day, but also burning at least 600. There is a myth that you can, and should, only aim to lose 2lbs a week because any more than that is "muscle loss". That is exactly what it is, a myth.

Of course, you can be delusional with yourself all you want, but to post something so utterly untrue on a community forum with so many people yearning for a "quick fix" is extremely irresponsible of you. Be an adult and if you want to abuse your body - keep it to yourself. There are healthy ways to lose weight and they do NOT include netting 600 calories a day. Stop spreading your nonsense!

^^ THIS^^ I hope that the majority of readers of this post of are sensible and intelligent enough to see this information is unsafe and unhealthy method of losing weight.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Please post again on January 11th, 2014 and let us know how the next 51 weeks went.

Just to do the math, 10 pounds of fat is just over 35,000 calories. You need to burn, basically, 5,000 more calories a day than you consume. If you consume 700, and your BMR is 1,700, you would need to burn 4,000 calories per day exercising. A few hundred would be from normal "life", but still, you pretty much need to be on a treadmill at full speed for 8 hours a day.

I hope you achieve your goals, but forgive the skeptics on this site that have watched so many people crash and burn after a month.
  • sunlover89
    Options
    Actually it's not... at the bf % I'm currently at, it's pretty much impossible to starve yourself, unless you don't eat for 72 hours. I am using this method of eating/exercising because of what i've read in critically acclaimed books like The 4 hour body by Tim Ferris The Venus method and Lean gains and Eat Stop Eat. If you want to know more about IF, watch the Horizon documentary "Eat, fast and live longer". I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time, but it does annoy me when people criticise things they have not bothered to research or have any experience with.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What was your starting weight and starting body fat % and then current weight current body fat %. Also, even calipers can be inaccurate. Essentially, if I went low carbs for a week or two, I can fool body fat calipers to assume I lost more fat. In order to lose 9 lbs of fat, you would need to eat 31,500 calories less then you burn.
  • sunlover89
    Options
    Sure I get it. But I'm following this woman's advice http://www.myfitnesspal.com/californiagirl2012 Does it look like she crashed and burned? ;-)
  • sunlover89
    Options
    What was your starting weight and starting body fat % and then current weight current body fat %. Also, even calipers can be inaccurate. Essentially, if I went low carbs for a week or two, I can fool body fat calipers to assume I lost more fat. In order to lose 9 lbs of fat, you would need to eat 31,500 calories less then you burn.

There is a link in the beginning of the article. I understand that it is pretty much impossible to lose 10lbs or PURE FAT in 7 days. This isn't exactly what I meant. But if you look at my printouts in the link, you'll see why I used "How I lost 10lbs of fat in a week" as the title for this post.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time

But you posted it on a public open forum!!!!! Unfortunately people may read this and as you say, not do any research, but blindly follow your lead. We all have to be so careful.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options

There is a link in the beginning of the article. I understand that it is pretty much impossible to lose 10lbs or PURE FAT in 7 days. This isn't exactly what I meant. But if you look at my printouts in the link, you'll see why I used "How I lost 10lbs of fat in a week" as the title for this post.

Or you can post this. Work blocks those links.
  • sunlover89
    Options
    I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time

But you posted it on a public open forum!!!!! Unfortunately people may read this and as you say, not do any research, but blindly follow your lead. We all have to be so careful.

I posted it to share my person experience, there is no rule of the forum saying "I am posting this, so YOU HAVE TO DO IT". The title was "How I lost 10lbs in 7 days" not "How you can lose 10lbs in 7 days". Maybe I am just overestimating the readers intelligence
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Actually it's not... at the bf % I'm currently at, it's pretty much impossible to starve yourself, unless you don't eat for 72 hours. I am using this method of eating/exercising because of what i've read in critically acclaimed books like The 4 hour body by Tim Ferris The Venus method and Lean gains and Eat Stop Eat. If you want to know more about IF, watch the Horizon documentary "Eat, fast and live longer". I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time, but it does annoy me when people criticise things they have not bothered to research or have any experience with.

I have watched the BBC2 Horizon programme, Eat, fast and live longer, I also have Dr Michael Mosley's book, The Fast Diet.

I think this type of 5:2 fasting is definitely worth considering for many reasons. (not going into all that now)

However, it does not recommend 1200 calories per day, less exercise calories. It recommends normal calorie eating 5 days per week and on your 2 fast days 500 cals for women and 600 cals for men.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Sure I get it. But I'm following this woman's advice http://www.myfitnesspal.com/californiagirl2012 Does it look like she crashed and burned? ;-)

ooooohh that explains it :laugh: Californiagirl strikes again LOL
  • sunlover89
    Options

Or you can post this. Work blocks those links.

Starting bf% 38.6, mass of body fat, 36.2kg
    After a week bf% 35,9, mass of body fat, 32.1kg
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I posted it to share my person experience, there is no rule of the forum saying "I am posting this, so YOU HAVE TO DO IT". The title was "How I lost 10lbs in 7 days" not "How you can lose 10lbs in 7 days". Maybe I am just overestimating the readers intelligence

No - the title is "How I lost 10 pounds (OF FAT) in 7 days"

You don't even know what YOU wrote?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

Maybe you're underestimating people's desperation for a miraculous quick fix.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Every form of IF I've ever read about still requires you to eat a normal level of calories on eating days.

What you are doing is not IF. Netting 600 cals a day, every day, is starving yourself.