LIPO or WATER WEIGHT ! maybe 2.2pounds of it was fat
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I call shenanigans
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Actually it's not... at the bf % I'm currently at, it's pretty much impossible to starve yourself, unless you don't eat for 72 hours. I am using this method of eating/exercising because of what i've read in critically acclaimed books like The 4 hour body by Tim Ferris The Venus method and Lean gains and Eat Stop Eat. If you want to know more about IF, watch the Horizon documentary "Eat, fast and live longer". I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time, but it does annoy me when people criticise things they have not bothered to research or have any experience with.

Every form of IF I've ever read about still requires you to eat a normal level of calories on eating days.

What you are doing is not IF. Netting 600 cals a day, every day, is starving yourself.

Ok, let me clear this up, tbh I didn't think I'd have to reveal my whole life. With IF you count calories by the week, not by the day. On a daily basis, I eat approx 1200 on average. One day a week, I have a higher calorie day, which is suggested in The 4 Hour body, where I eat around 3,000 calories. I do talk about this on my facebook page. Last night i had a 10oz fillet steak with potatoes, peppers, two glasses of wine and some cheesecake. This is to ramp up my metabolism and repair my muscles. Trust me, I do eat enough.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I call shenanigans

shenanigans1_zps7e3d0eb2.jpg
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    This was awesome to read. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try some of the things you suggested.

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg?1352423795676
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Woah woah woah, before you all start a witch hunt!! I am saying that I lost 9-10lbs fat ACCORDING TO THE MEASUREMENTS I'VE HAD TAKEN, in three different sources! I'm sure if I got a bod pod or dexa scan taken, it would show something very different! I am under no delusion that I've lost 10lbs of pure lard! Perhaps I should have explained it better...

I'm also quite dissapointed that even though I've clearly said that I'm not starving myself, you say that I am. I chose to give IF a go and HIIT after reading many good things about it from several people on here who have had astonishing results. And you should all know that you can get crazy results in the first week of trying something new!

I just wanted to post what MY experiences have been, and to hopefully help others who feel lost. This is NOT a short term diet and I was not on a quest to lose a lot of weight. I simply followed the guidelines, and was astonished with the results, which I have not had following any kind of program.

If you read it all, you will see where I say that I have never felt more powerful, energetic and focused. I'm not saying that you should do this, different methods suit different people, but I did want to celebrate, that after 3 years of being overweight, I have found the method that suits ME the best, and I feel awesome about it.

Over and out!

Yes, you do get "crazy results" in the first week of eating at a calorie deficit. Good for you for feeling more powerful, energetic and focused. After a week, I'm sure you do. However, long term eating only 600 calories is irresponsible for anyone unless under the care of their physician and very obese. The reason why I know this is because, at 54 years old, I have tried this approach so many times I can't remember. Always had success for a few weeks, felt awesome and then crashed and burned. Your body is not meant to live on this few calories. I always regained all the weight and then some EVERY TIME. This site is filled with people in their 40s and 50s who will relate to this and verify that they have followed this un fortunate path too.

Learn from the "experienced dieters" on this site and don't strive to become one. I wish I had done this years ago. Dieting in and of itself is never successful. If you truly want to lose fat, check out this link (below) and educate yourself on how your body works. It's the best thing I have ever done. I am losing fat, slowly, and pounds slowly. But my lifestye now supports maintaining this loss. I can never go back to the person I was or the habits I had before. That is why short term starving never works. You can not maintain that forever.

Good luck: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

ETA: Just saw the reference to 'california girl' - nuf said.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    guys dont get false hope nd expect to lose 10pounds a week , chances are u gain it back plus more
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Actually it's not... at the bf % I'm currently at, it's pretty much impossible to starve yourself, unless you don't eat for 72 hours. I am using this method of eating/exercising because of what i've read in critically acclaimed books like The 4 hour body by Tim Ferris The Venus method and Lean gains and Eat Stop Eat. If you want to know more about IF, watch the Horizon documentary "Eat, fast and live longer". I have no intention of trying to convince people about this, I have better things to do with my time, but it does annoy me when people criticise things they have not bothered to research or have any experience with.

Every form of IF I've ever read about still requires you to eat a normal level of calories on eating days.

What you are doing is not IF. Netting 600 cals a day, every day, is starving yourself.

Ok, let me clear this up, tbh I didn't think I'd have to reveal my whole life. With IF you count calories by the week, not by the day. On a daily basis, I eat approx 1200 on average. One day a week, I have a higher calorie day, which is suggested in The 4 Hour body, where I eat around 3,000 calories. I do talk about this on my facebook page. Last night i had a 10oz fillet steak with potatoes, peppers, two glasses of wine and some cheesecake. This is to ramp up my metabolism and repair my muscles. Trust me, I do eat enough.

Telling people how many calories you eat does not 'reveal your whole life'. Dramatic much.

You said you eat 1200 cals a day, but burn 600 cals a day. That's a net of 3600 cals over 6 days.

On your high cal day, you eat 3000 cals, and I'm assuming still burn the 600, so 2400 cals.

2400 + 3600 = 6000 cals a week.
    That's an average of 857 cals a day.

Still not enough.
  • sunlover89
    Options

Telling people how many calories you eat does not 'reveal your whole life'. Dramatic much.

You said you eat 1200 cals a day, but burn 600 cals a day. That's a net of 3600 cals over 6 days.

On your high cal day, you eat 3000 cals, and I'm assuming still burn the 600, so 2400 cals.

Still not enough.

I wasn't burning 600 on my high cal day as it's my rest day also, I just went for a 20 walk.
    It's enough for me. Don't you think you getting a little too involved in trying to prove me wrong?
    If you really think what i'm doing isn't right then just leave it alone, feel sorry for me and wait for the article titled "All you guys were right, i'm sorry"
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Starting bf% 38.6, mass of body fat, 36.2kg 
    After a week bf% 35,9, mass of body fat, 32.1kg

Haha what bull****!!!

In 5 months and since August I lost 4 cm off my waist, 5 cm off my chest 1 cm off
    my hips, 1cm off my arms & calves & gained 3.5 cm on both of my legs.

Scale weight stayed the same. I'm close to goal weight btw

And my Body fat % went down from 26.6 % to just 26.3%

There is no way you lost over 2 & 1/2 % Body fat % in just 1 week.

lmao there is no way you lost around 2.5% body fat in just 1 week
  • alice74
    alice74 Posts: 28
    Options
    Well done! Don't let any of the "haters" throw you off course. We can only do what works for ourselves personally. Very brave of you to share. Thanks!
  • sunlover89
    Options

Starting bf% 38.6, mass of body fat, 36.2kg 
    After a week bf% 35,9, mass of body fat, 32.1kg

Haha what bull****!!!

In 5 months and since August I lost 4 cm off my waist, 5 cm off my chest 1 cm off
    my hips, 1cm off my arms & calves & gained 3.5 cm on both of my legs.

Scale weight stayed the same. I'm close to goal weight btw

And my Body fat % went down from 26.6 % to just 26.3%

There is no way you lost over 2 & 1/2 % Body fat % in just 1 week.

lmao there is no way you lost around 2.5% body fat in just 1 week

As I said before...there is no real way of knowing unless you can afford to get a bod pod or dexa scan done. All I'm doing is sharing the information I have available, whether it's right or wrong. I don't know why people are taking it so personally.
  • mimiwin
    mimiwin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree with you if you eat healthy ( even if in smaller quantities ) and if you do interval training and strenght training you can get some amazing result in a healthy way :) / I have done it too !!! we are all different and we need to listen to our own body !!
    I find people are not very tolerant in general and you were judged very quickly. To me it was obvious from your post taht you were not after a quick fix or just a starvation diet. What is good or feasable for you might not be for someone else but you know your body.

+ People that have a bad relationship with their own body and are looking for a quick fix do not need to read a blog to have unhealthy habit, they already have them. We are what we think most about and what we believe has a big influence on the way our life is !!!

Anyway, I am really happy for you and thank you for sharing !!!
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Also 75% of the weight you lost was water and muscle!!! The 1st week is mostly water weight loss!
  • lauren3101
    Options

Still not enough.

I wasn't burning 600 on my high cal day as it's my rest day also, I just went for a 20 walk.
    It's enough for me. Don't you think you getting a little too involved in trying to prove me wrong?
    If you really think what i'm doing isn't right then just leave it alone, feel sorry for me and wait for the article titled "All you guys were right, i'm sorry"

Ok, so an average of 942 cals a day. STILL not enough. Let's not pick at straws here.
    Your original post says that you 'wrecked your body by eating -1000 cals a day for two months' and when I tell you that you are still doing that, you are trying to justify it? You have contradicted yourself on every turn.

This is not about trying to prove you wrong, this is about trying to show you that what you are doing is unhealthy. As has everyone else. The reason this has annoyed people is the way you have posted this, in a 'know-it-all attitude' and as though you are trying to convince people this is the way to do it.

This is a public forum with many people (especially this time of the year) desperate for a quick fix. If you post something up telling people they can lose 10lb in a week by eating 600 calories a day, desperate and easily influenced people are going to pick up on that.

If that was not your intention, then you should be more careful about the way you title and word things.

For now, I suggest you read the link that a couple have posted above and try and do this the healthy way.

For your info, I also have a BMI of over 30 and I eat over 1800 cals a day, and I lose weight. It's not necessary to eat that little.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Hi. I'm not taking it personally, just letting u know it's not true. It's not physiologically possible. No hard feelings hey
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    UNBUMP because this is unsustainable, unhealthy, silly, unsustainable, dangerous, and unsustainable.

Oh, and its unsustainable too
  • lauren3101
    Options
    UNBUMP because this is unsustainable, unhealthy, silly, unsustainable, dangerous, and unsustainable.

Oh, and its unsustainable too

You forgot unsustainable!