How many lbs did you lose before you heard...

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 15 and 20.
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    When I was down 30lbs I was never asked how much have you lost but I got a ton of you look different did you do something with your hair or makeup.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Haven't heard it yet. I'm down 22.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, so it was about 15 pounds for me.
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Probably 10 or 15.

I still hear that from family members who see me like once a month. Thing is, I don't lose any weight. They just catch me at different stages of bloat, LOL.
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It was 15 pounds when people started to notice mine . they acted like it was so much more then that.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    10 and down a full size
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Around 40.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    10-15 I think... and the funny thing is that it came as a roumor from a guy colleague :laugh:
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    about 25 before I heard that - then about 40 before I stated hearing "Wow - I didn't even recognize you!" Both of those are fun.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    the 20lb mark about three months in, mainly as I'd only just bought clothes to suit the weight loss of it, and now, even though I've plateaued for three months now, I still keep getting them which is a nice perk even though I've not had any real loss since before November.
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is i heard it after 8 lbs and then again after I had put on 5lbs and those 5 pounds definitely were not muscle haha the human eye can be so funny.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    It was progressive... so I was told "holy crap I didn't realize it until I saw you!"

Now, my aunt and some friends are starting to say "what's going on here? You're too skinny!"

I tell them to bite me :)
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    At Christmas my sis-in-law, who I only see once a year- asked me if I had lost weight. I was so happy I wanted to hug her. She is a super athelete. I had lost 25lbs, I was convinced it was fitting into those next sized down jeans that did the trick. Clothes that actually fit instead of baggy really can make a difference. Now I need to get off my *kitten* and get into an even smaller size. Maybe someday into single digit sized jeans.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I have not heard it yet, I say yet as I'm waiting for that day!!!!!

It's coming...
    Just keep doing what your doing. I'm 6'3 so for me it wasn't really as noticeable until i lost around 30lbs. Now I get the shocked looks and questions when people see me that I don't interact with on a daily basis.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and it really wasn't until I lost nearly 25 pounds that someone said *anything*. Then people really started to notice. Part of it I think has to do with the change in body composition - I looked like a lost some weight with the first 25 pounds, but then losing the next tend pounds made me look a lot smaller, so people really started to notice. It just varies from person to person and where you lose the weight from.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    from people I work with it was around 20. I have now lost 62 and my landlord looked at me last night and asked "have you lost a lot of weight or have I gained a lot?" I assured him happily that he had not gained anything that I could tell so it must be the 62 I've lost. His mouth literally fell open and he apologized for not noticing sooner LOL :smokin:
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I stayed at the same weight for a couple years, it seemed like I heard it at least once a month, regardless. I don't know if it was my posture or what. Since I actually started losing, I haven't heard it yet. Funny...
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I had gained 10lbs in 15 days (I was eating 4,000 calories or more a day so, yes it was all fat) and I lost it without trying within a month or two so I don't really count that. I lost like 4-5lbs from my normal weight and then a few people commented that I had lost weight.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    My family is way more likely to say something than outsiders. But on occassion I get someone asking what I am doing. For me I have changed my diet dramatically over the last few years. Most people do not want to change that dramatically.

The best compliment I have ever had is "You are melting away what are you doing?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!