How many lbs did you lose before you heard...

Options

Replies

• DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Around the 25 lb mark!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    20 pounds is when people started commenting...and haven't stopped.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Almost 40. No one said anything to me for quite some time. I lost my weight very slowly though.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    10-15... think it showed in the face
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Around 30 pounds -- my grown daughter came to visit for the first time in a few weeks. When she hugged me she got a surprised look at how far she had to compress the baggy clothes before she felt the person in them. Then she said,

"Mommy's all trim!" It was awesome.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", weighed 195# back then ....... lost 25# before a coworker mentioned my jeans looked really loose :heart:

I never told anyone I was trying to lose (that's MY business) ..... am down to about 150# now ..... and chipping away at some more !

Happy losing !
  • heidyann86
    Options
    i think it often depends on how you dress yourself.. ive actually gained weight in the past and people have asked if i lost weight because i was wearing darker more fitted jeans... ive just learned how to wear certain clothes for my body type.. and ive also lost weight and have looked bigger in certain outfits. if you have been making progress with your weight loss treat yourself to a new pair of jeans or clothes that compliment certain assets. :happy:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I think people noticed around 25lb. I'm quite short, so that amount is very noticeable on my frame. But they didn't say anything. I cut my hair around the same time, and I lot a lot of comments on that, but the descriptions really made me think that they saw a difference but couldn't put their finger on it, so blamed it on the hair cut, LOL!
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    30 - 35 ... now it's almost 70 ... and I've been getting "are you losing weight because you want to or because you've been ill and have health problems?"

Really? Are you frickin' KIDDING ME????

LOL ... oh well ... at least they notice ...
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It was about 20lbs for me
  • Zampa13
    Zampa13 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The previous times Ive lost weight its around the 14-21 lb mark (or 1 - 1.5 stones) Its normally based on a comment of how my face has completely changed shape. When im larger my face is perfectly round and chubby. When I drop lbs my cheek bones are quite pronounced.

That one comment can often drive you on especially when your going through a rough patch... its helped me many times before.

That's why I always pay somebody a compliment if they are looking good or in good shape because when your on the receiving end of it makes you feel so good and happy that your hard work is paying off!
  • kbogati
    kbogati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    about 20-25 lbs. then around 40lbs i started hearing rumors that i was on drugs, and thats why id lost so much weight. that one was from my inlaws :noway:
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    15-20.

My boss is constantly making comments like, "You've been losing a lot of weight lately."
  • Divine53
    Divine53 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Around 26 lbs.
  • JDunbar82
    JDunbar82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was at the 70 lb mark before anyone made any comments to me...in fact it wasn't until my surprise 30th birthday party one person noticed and then I was bombarded with questions haha!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    A few people commented early on..but in the last couple of weeks everyone has been noticing. So I guess around 35 pounds.
  • darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am waiting....
  • zarablue
    Options
    I've yet to experience that feeling of having others actually noticing your hard work. It must feel good!Congratulations to everyone. I look forward to it. (:
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard it yet. It usually takes quite a bit, but no one ever thought I was 100lbs overweight either. I hide it well, which is a blessing and a curse when gaining and disappointing when losing! I think if more people noticed me losing, I would have been trying harder sooner.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    20 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!