women with BIG hips

Options
Im just wondering how many of us are out there. Im 25, 5'7" 142lbs and wear 13 jeans, and could probably squeeze into some 11s since 13s are a little big now. I see all these posts of ladies that wear or want to wear 4s, and Even if I became anorexic i'd never wear anything smaller then a 9, so is there anyone else like me out there, do you like them or do you wish you could have smaller hips, I personaly like mine, but I do wish they could be a little smaller.

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you! I have what I like to call "good german birthing hips"....which only got wider when I had kids! The smallest I ever got down to was a stretchy size 8. I'm 5'9" and I weighed 159 at that time (and was pre-kids). Right now I'm striving for a comfortable size 12.
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have HUGE hips and same even if I tried I couldn't fit a size 4 the smallest I could ever squeeze my *kitten* in would be a 9 lol and that would be pushing it cause I fit a size 9 pre kids... I have 4 now! my goal is a 11-12!! :flowerforyou: :cry:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Can change you body fat/lean muscle profile, but you can't change genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Waves... this is me... they are wide and I am 146lbs 5ft4... I get into size UK12, US8?? but the waist never fits.... :cry:
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am 5`7`` as well and I was once 145 and people thought I was anorexic... I wore a 7 at the time... size 9 would be my good healthy size and I could rock a bikini at that size like nobody`s business... just the way we are built. embrace it! Curvy is sexy!
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    Can change you body fat/lean muscle profile, but you can't change genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

true!! i just learn to love minessss!!!!:laugh:
  • frando
    frando Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hey :D

I have big hips, I'm the stereotypical pear shape! I don't see why people have such issues with being bigger hipped, personally I think it's rather feminine. I'm UK size 22 jeans which is larger then the average to say the least. Anyways, I doubt I'll get down below a 16 for jeans and what not. I tend to have about a four to five size gap between my top half to my lower half and have to go down the middle to fit into dresses, otherwise it'd gap too much at the top or hitch up over my hips and look odd.

Ah well, big hipped and loving it :D
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I with you- I'm definitely hourglass. When I was at my lowest weight of 155 about 5 years ago (I'm 5'10") I was wearing a size 9. Looking to get into the 10/11/12 size range (US sizes, that is).
  • 52in13
    52in13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am there with you. The smallest that I remember being (outside of middle school) was a 12, and that was pre kids.

Honestly, I love my curves, it's just the rolls in between that I need to get rid of ;-)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you! I have what I like to call "good german birthing hips"....which only got wider when I had kids! The smallest I ever got down to was a stretchy size 8. I'm 5'9" and I weighed 159 at that time (and was pre-kids). Right now I'm striving for a comfortable size 12.
    yes, they definetly came in handy with my 3 kids, the doctors and nurses said I should become a serogant because i have hips ment for having babies
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Im there with you! I currently wear a size 11 and have never gone lower then a size 9 (even when I weighed 130 lbs, my smallest weight). I wish that I could have smaller hips, but then when I get a compliment about my curves and *kitten* then I dont mind so much ;) Plus...it just means us big hipped ladies will have a easier time with birthing...right? (*hopeful wishing lol*)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Even when I was at my all time lowest weight, and had loss lean tissue as well due to fast loss and malnutrition, the smallest I was able to comfortable wear was a 9.

I di have one par of Gap curvy jeans that were an 8, but that was certainly an exception, most of what I wore was a 9, maybe an 11, and still mostly Ms and Ls in tops.
  • healthymimi1
    Options
    I love my hips. I don't want to lose them so I try hard to keep up with my squats and lunges with heavy weights. I have been working out for only 2 months and so far I have not lost inches in that area. I'm happy about that and hope to keep it up.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Im part german!!! Maybe thats where I get them from...hahaha
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    I with you- I'm definitely hourglass. When I was at my lowest weight of 155 about 5 years ago (I'm 5'10") I was wearing a size 9. Looking to get into the 10/11/12 size range (US sizes, that is).
    im shooting for an 11
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I've got the "birthin' hips" too. No matter how small I get, I may not even reach the single digits in sizes, much less a 4!!
  • shortnerdy
    Options
    fellow big hipper and proud of it! always an 11-12 inch difference between my hips and waist :)
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Waves... this is me... they are wide and I am 146lbs 5ft4... I get into size UK12, US8?? but the waist never fits.... :cry:

I have this problem too! If it fits around my butt and thighs then the waist is too big.
  • workout_fish
    workout_fish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Its all about how your body is shaped. I am the same size as you (5'7 and 145) and I wear a size 4 or 6 depending on the brand, but that being said, i have NO hips what so ever, even when i was over 200 pounds i didnt have hips and was a size 12/14. So its all about body composition. I have wide shoulders and a pretty straight torso. Embrace your curves! I'd LOVE to have some!!
  • Razbet
    Razbet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep! When I only weighed 135 in high school, I wore a size 11. Don't weigh that anymore! I would love to get back into a size 12! Gotta a long way to go! Marilyn Monroe had an hour glass figure!