women with BIG hips

Options

Replies

• Icaw
    Icaw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love having hips. I'd probably cry for a month and eat a bakery if I ever lost them. Embrace femininity!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    At my thinnest, I can get into a 7 or 9. I have "birthing hips." Lol :laugh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Being that sizes are pretty arbitrary - like I wear a 7 in JR sizes and a 4-6 in woman's sizes. Depending on where I measure I either have 37-38" hips. But my waist is a 27. Depends on how your built. I'll always have wide hips and a butt and that's ok as long as my stomach and waist are trim.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have a 28 inch waist and 39 inch hips. I have always had thick limbs and butt but the weight gain was mostly in my lower half. I dont mind but I dont want jiggle
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hips and butt.... That's me! Always have the gap around the waist of my jeans no matter what my weight/size...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have quite big hips (hourglass figure) and the smallest I've ever really been is a UK 12 (US 8). I was 147lbs then - I'm 5'6". That was 10/11 years ago. Now I'm 164lbs and I can wear a lot of the clothes from back then, except a few pairs of trousers, and that's more because of my belly than my hips.

I'm not sure how I've done it, but I've really shrunk my hips!
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hips and butt.... That's me! Always have the gap around the waist of my jeans no matter what my weight/size...

this is me too. My butt is huge, and is even when I am small. When I was a teen, I was sick and got down to 117 pounds. I looked horrible, because it was much to small for my body type. I think I wore a 7 or a 9 then.
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i wish i had bigger hips just to even out my shoulders a tiny bit..
  • cllmetatrsld
    cllmetatrsld Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I hated my hips. Thought they were huge...and at my smallest then my pants were an 8. I think I was about 135 pounds...but I did track and field and ate healthy (not by choice!) Well nowadays I'm fitting in a 15 and my end goal is fitting into a 9 a 5'6". Though I think I would settle for an 11 perhaps. Thinking I will hit that mark around 145 pounds (currently 162) since when I was at 155 I was in a 13. I love my hips now, in my older age...but I find I hate them when it comes to dresses. Though it might be the fact that my hips and thighs are what hold all my fat. So I'm hoping that when I drop down to 145 I will be comfortable in a dress!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I wore a size 7 in like 5th grade haha, I wasnt skinny, but I wasnt chunky. the other plus of big hips and having kids is they sit nicely on your hip, my husband has no hips and the kids always slid down haha
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It all depends on one's build. I'm 5'1", 122 pounds, and some of my clothes are size 4. I'm nowhere near underweight; I'm just petite.
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yup! I used to carry most of my weight on my hips but since I've lost 22 lbs I've gone down 1 jeans size. I have never in my life been a UK 10 and I don't think losing a load more weight would make any difference tbh! So I am a happy size UK 12
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I wore a size 7 in like 5th grade haha, I wasnt skinny, but I wasnt chunky. the other plus of big hips and having kids is they sit nicely on your hip, my husband has no hips and the kids always slid down haha

LOL So true! My husband could never understand how I could hold the kids for so long without my arms getting tired!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That's me. I don't like my hips and wish they were smaller, but I've been told by others that they wish they had my hips so maybe I should be happy with them. I'm 5'10.5" and will be happy to wear a 12 jean I think. My dress pants are 11s right now and seem to be too big, but I think that's just a fluke. If I truly am a 9, I'd be shocked.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options

LOL So true! My husband could never understand how I could hold the kids for so long without my arms getting tired!

Even before I had a child I was able to do this with kids I babysat. Made life much easier that way, lol.
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Even before I had a child I was able to do this with kids I babysat. Made life much easier that way, lol.

They are a great perch for kiddos thats for sure!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" My hips are currently 39". When I was in high school and skinny (it was the 70's, skinny was in), they were still 36" even though I only weighed about 112 lbs.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" too and when I was 130lbs and SUUUPER SKINNY in high school, I still wore a size 8. I hated it because I would look rail thin from the side but thought I looked huge from the front! Oh well! Give those babies more room once I'm pregnant :)
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    no matter how thin i got ( down to 150 at my lowest) i have 40 inch hips min. and i gotta tell you . i enjoy it. love my hips hope they never leave :) that was pre kid. :) sooo im liking it
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Mine are huge. All I have ever heard is that I have "child bearing hips". That annoys me.