women with BIG hips

Options

Replies

• LaDarby11
    Options
    I currently have 41 inch hips! I'm 5'3'', around 154 lbs and a size 13 which some I can't even squeeze in to! I'm hoping for a size 9 again
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I wish mine were a bit smaller!!! I can't wear pencil skirts, and I have a really hard time finding dress pants that fit!
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    Not EVERY ONE on earth is meant to be a size 0,2,4

I am 5'11 I couldn't even imagine how insanely skinny I'd look. I know some women my height naturally can be that thin. And that is beautiful for them. I like curves. I like having big boobs, a butt and hips! And there are even some men out there in the world that like it too! ;) I'm perfectly happy at a size 10/12 {That is my SMALL size}

Don't conform to fit any others standard...enjoy who you are and the body that you have and make it the best for YOU!!!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Im just wondering how many of us are out there. Im 25, 5'7" 142lbs and wear 13 jeans, and could probably squeeze into some 11s since 13s are a little big now. I see all these posts of ladies that wear or want to wear 4s, and Even if I became anorexic i'd never wear anything smaller then a 9, so is there anyone else like me out there, do you like them or do you wish you could have smaller hips, I personaly like mine, but I do wish they could be a little smaller.

I tried to explain this to someone yesterday..... at 5'9" I was 129 lbs, 32-25-38.. wore a size 4 or 6 dress/skirt... but due to my hips to waist ration, have HELL finding pants/jeans... has to be too big in the waist & legs in order to fit my hips...and THAT is NOT a pretty look the person's reply was for me to change brands or get a tailor... Its NOT THAT SIMPLE

has to be too big in the waist & legs in order to fit my hips ( and typical AA/Spanish girl) ...and THAT is NOT a pretty look
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ugh...some days i love the curve of my hips other days i despise it. That 12 inch difference between my hips and waist is a PITA. I am hoping as i drop some more weight I will keep that differential, but it will all get smaller. Currently i have 45 inch hips and 33 inch waist. For me (even though i am a shortie), I would love a 28inch waist and 40 inch hips. I think that would be size 8? I'll still be all big butt and big hipped, but i'll be normal weight about when i get to that point ( i think). Oh and that i don't lose any boobage to help balance out my butt.
    And yeah, my kids sit nicely on my hips, but that whole birthing hips thing can be a fallacy cause i ended up having 3 c-sections.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have always had big ol' hips! When I was younger, I hated it. But, getting older and more confident about myself, I've learnt that they are a part of meeee. Even when i was much skinnier, I still had the hips. Not much I could do about it!
    I would say theres about a 10 inch difference between waist/hip
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same club, big hips here too all my life. I quite like them just need to lose the fat that hides them and trim my waist and I'll be happy.

You know think of it this way, a woman without curves is like a pair of jeans with no pockets....nowhere to put your hands :happy:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 160lbs, 28" waist, 40" hips, and 24" thighs. I wear a 8-12 depending on the brand. I only want to lose about 10 more pounds.

Oh, and yeah, I like my hips, because they are "me". My thighs on the other hand... eh, not my favorite.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I can't wear juniors sizes because of my hips. For me, they cut them WAY too narrow to accommodate my hips. My waist is a size 8, but with my hips -- I have to buy a size 10 and wear a belt. I've only found one or two brands where I can fit my hips into the size 8. Most of the time they are cut so narrow, I can't get them up all the way. :(
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 150 lbs. I wear a size 12 and MIGHT be able to fit into a 10 now, haven't tried. I've seen posts where girls have the same height and weight as me yet wear a size 4 and 6. Damn hips!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having big hips but I hate the exaggerated pear shape I get when I gain weight. I've doing mostly interval and HIIT type workouts and happily my hips are 5.5" smaller than they were in June so I'm looking more X shaped now.:smile:
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    Options
    I've always had hips and a butt! I hate trying to find jeans that fit, becuase it's such a chore! There is always the gap in the back. I currently have a 33 inch waist and measure 47 inches around the hips. I am wearing 14-16, size pants. Even when I was 20 lbs smaller than I am now, I was wearing 10-12 pants! So the only thing I have to look forward to with my weight loss is just looking at less of me! No great drop in clothing sizes!
  • tdp575
    tdp575 Posts: 55
    Options
    I have huge hips lol I started at around a little over 45 inches and I'm barely 5'2. My hips have never been under 35 inches....and that's when I was 118lbs. I wore a size 7 at that weight due to them, but looked anorexic. I love my hips though =]
  • dmomportia
    Options
    I'm a hippie also. at my smallest which was at least 30 years ago, I wore a size 6. I am now in a size 14. I am looking to wear 10-12 no smaller than that. My husband likes my hips and my apple bottom. He wouldn't mind if I stayed this size. I like my hips and butt I just want less of both.
  • ReddRidingHood
    ReddRidingHood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I wear between a 9/10 to a 13 also. I prefer being curvy. I heard a radio DJ say the other day "no one has ever written a song about a girl with a small butt." With that statement I felt validated. LOL
  • AskRhondaJ
    Options
    I am there with you. The smallest that I remember being (outside of middle school) was a 12, and that was pre kids.

Honestly, I love my curves, it's just the rolls in between that I need to get rid of ;-)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I've never seen someone "look anorexic" at a (American) size 6 or 8, although I've seen many women here claim that they do. Maybe this is unique to pear shapes, or pears with less muscular builds. I consider myself to have pretty wide hips, 37" as compared to a 24" waist at 5'5", and am starting to fit in to some (American) size 4s.

(edited for a typo)
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I feel great to be blessed with a *kitten* like Jennifer Lopez's and hips that are 43" wide. I wear a size 15 in levi jeans. I haven't worn a size 9 since middle school and I don't intend on going back there. I wore a size 13 at the lowest in high school and I am near 10 years out of there. Every body is meant to be what that body was meant to be. I am happy to have clothes that fit me.
    I agree with ReddRidingHood, no one has ever made a song about a small booty.
  • AskRhondaJ
    Options
    LOL - I know that hips run in my family - I even see it in my daughters. My goal is to be 150 lbs and I'm pretty sure my hips will still keep me in the size 12 range. I remember when I was in high school I used to think I was fat, but I always had an hourglass figure - I look forward to getting it back! :smile: