Coffee Lovers....

Options

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I have 2 cups per day with 2 TBSP liquid sugar free creamer (sometimes I use the regular, depends on my mood) and splenda. Mmm.... I just make it fit. I have a trampoline in the bedroom, if I need a few extra even after my usual workout, I'll jump for it! LOL
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My coffee is about 10 calories a cup.

I grew up with a diabetic sister so I never used real sugar. As an adult I cant stand pure sugar.

I use 2 packets equal ( and for all of you who start an aspartame rant....soda is a hell of a lot worse for you ( i dont drink it) ) and i use about 1-2 tablespoons skim milk.

I just happen to prefer my coffee that way. It has nothing to do with calorie counting. I guess I lucked out in that regard.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I put a small bit of whole milk in it. We buy whole milk anyway for our kids, and if I put skim milk in coffee I end up putting loads in and then it gets colder, so I prefer whole milk. I only need a small bit. According to the data base that's about 25 calories.
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    BRING ON THE NATURAL BLISS VANILLA!!!!
  • Aliannia
    Options
    Normally, I drink it with about 4T of flavored creamer. Just can't seem to wean myself down on the quantity. Calorie-wise, it's not bad, and I plan it. but the sugar is a whopper. Will be switching to sugar free creamer with my next purchase.

But this morning, I stopped in at our Starbucks cart at work, and ordered a Venti Skinny Caramel Macchiatto. Lower calories than what I normally drink in the morning, and no sugar!
  • meggolego
    Options
    I cannot go without coffee. I use either a sugar-free creamer, or most recently, a sugar free syrup such as Torani. You only need a little, no extra cals, and it adds a new flavor.

Want to eventually get down to drinking straight black coffee. More so for convenience.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Black coffee.

If you need to add stuff to it, you need to stop buying bad coffee.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    It's just added into my daily food log ....... I drink it all morning with skim milk & no sweetener ....... and in the afternoon at work I'll have a mug of black coffee with SF vanilla syrup ...... that's usually good enough to keep me out of the goodies in the staff kitchen :drinker:
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Drink between three to four cups every morning. Black and strong flowerforyou:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    How do you make your coffee part of your plan?

I personally use 2 tbsp of the flavored creamers (yes, I know they aren't great for you...but baby steps!!). Then I add a bit of fat free milk. No sugar or substitute for me :) So one cup of coffee is about 80 cals for me and I work that in my plan daily (today I am working on my 2nd cup).

What about you?

I do the exact same thing!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My plan? I plan to have 2 cups every morning. I drink it the way I like, then just factor the calories into my daily goals.
  • mbaker824
    Options
    I drink mine black so I don't have to worry about it. Learning to drink coffee black can be tough, but worth it in my opinion. You might try flavored coffees to start off with.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Flavored creamer and 2 Sweet N Low... Fits in my daily calorie goals just fine.

Except this morning I was out of flavored creamer at home, so I skipped coffee.. IM DRAGGIN..
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So Delicious - Coconut Milk French Vanilla Creamer, dairy free and found in dairy case in health food ( also other flavors)

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 Tbsp (15mL)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 10
    Calories from Fat 0
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Potassium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugar 1g
    Protein 0g
    • Vitamin A0%• Vitamin C0%• Calcium0%• Iron0%
    Ingredients: ORGANIC COCONUT MILK (ORGANIC COCONUT CREAM, WATER, GUAR GUM), ORGANIC DRIED CANE SYRUP, COLORED WITH TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, CARRAGEENAN.

[
  • jennhupke
    Options
    Just pulled out my sugar free DaVinci flavored syrups from Sams Club....a 750 ml bottle costs under $5.00, it comes in a couple Vanilla flavors, Kahlua, Carmel etc. Nutrition facts says zero calories on all of the bottles I have
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    half n half + 3 spoons sugar. Coffee is an appetite suppressant so although my cup is about ~140 calories I'm satiated for awhile. Also, I cut down from ~400 calorie average drinks from starbucks to ~140...

^ same here. I was spending alot of money on VENTI drinks at Starbucks-weekly-think my kids were even addicted to cake pops LOL. No I might have it once every 2 weeks-but cant finish the VENTI. I now make coffee and use single creamers and just add ice to my cup. I try to stay away from the coffee cart at work as well. I also add creamer to my coffee. if i am going over calories or am on my best behavior, I will skip the creamer and add fat free milk and 1 sugar. <
    not drinking coffee everyday so I need less of it, and typically get decaf LOL
  • jennhupke
    Options
    This sounds amazing!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Generally no milk or sugar...

But virgin coconut oil is great in coffee. It gets a bad rep, but it's VERY healthy.
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I usually have one cup in the afternoon as my "snack" and I go with 1.5 dl whole milk (a lot of froth) which is about 99cals and keeps me satisfied and warm and full till my next meal. And sometimes some cinnamon for flavor and blood sugar.
    And sometimes after lunch or dinner an espresso black with some cinnamon.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Coffee was the first thing in my plan. But I have always had it for years with a no calorie sweetner and skim milk. Most of the calories are in the milk, I use about 1 cup of skim milk over two mugs of coffee. No biggie. If I want flavor, I get flavored coffee, not flavored additives.