Coffee Lovers....

Options

Replies

• DeniseMCronin
    DeniseMCronin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I used to 2 tsp of sugar with full fat milk. Then I changed it to Candarel. Then I changed to 2% milk. Then I quit with the sweetener but now I just have one cup of black coffee in the AM. I percolate Lavazza D'oro - so good it doesn't need anything extra
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I just build it in to my daily calories: 2 TBSP of flavored creamer, a couple packets of splenda or a couple teaspoons of "real" sugar equals about 70-140 calories per cup. I'm willing to work that in.

I splurge on a Starbucks peppermint mocha latte (skim milk, because I don't like full-fat milk, so that lowers the calorie count a little) about once a week. It hasn't kept me from losing weight, I just can't get one every day, I save it for weekends or special occasions.
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    There is ALWAYS room for coffee.........matter of fact it comes first before anything else in the morning!

That's what TRUE coffee love means;)
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I used to drink instant coffee with a LOT of powdered creamer and splenda. The calories weren't too bad, but I know the non-dairy creamer probably isn't too good.

I got an espresso maker for Christmas. Now I make a shot of espresso with Starbucks Coffee beans and mix it with steamed fat free milk and I'm completely satisfied with it! Lately I've been adding a Tbs or so of leftover eggnog from the holidays for an eggnog latte...It's delicious and drinking that with a piece of fruit in the morning keeps me satisfied until 1 or 2pm :)
  • shlevon
    shlevon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How do you make your coffee part of your plan?

I personally use 2 tbsp of the flavored creamers (yes, I know they aren't great for you...but baby steps!!). Then I add a bit of fat free milk. No sugar or substitute for me :) So one cup of coffee is about 80 cals for me and I work that in my plan daily (today I am working on my 2nd cup).

What about you?

My current go-to: coffee + 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa + 1 serving stevia (any artificial sweetener would do). This comes in at a whopping 6-7 kcals, and tastes quite good.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I like it hot, steaming, and in my mouth...

COFFEE_zps69a29111.jpg

Just make sure to hydrate more than usual...I've HEARD, twice as much water for each part coffee.
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    I like it hot, steaming, and in my mouth...

COFFEE_zps69a29111.jpg

Just make sure to hydrate more than usual...I've HEARD, twice as much water for each part coffee.

Hahahahahaha!!! TRUE LOVE ;)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Black coffee.

If you need to add stuff to it, you need to stop buying bad coffee.

^No.
    Wish I knew how to add that Grumpy Cat meme here :huh:
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am a self-professed coffee addict! Although, at the moment, I'm trying to slowly wean myself off it...
    I generally use artificial sweeteners and 99.9% fat free skim milk; only 31 calories in total! :)
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you do protein powder at all, adding it to your coffee is great! Mix it first with a little water, then add or else it might clump.

Tried that once at someone's suggestion. Throwing up in your mouth tastes better.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have one cup a day with a tablespoon of creamer, 35 calories total! Coffee and a chocolate dipped coconut Luna Bar is my favorite breakfast!
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't include it in my plan at all. I've really cut back to only drinking about 2 cups a day. I don't use anything in it other than a dash of skim milk, like a tablespoon.
  • marrigot
    Options
    I discovered that for me it wasn't about the actual coffee. My addiction is walking in to Starbucks in the morning and being greeted by name by baristas that have known me a long time. Eventually I recognized what was actually making me warm and fuzzy and enlisted the baristas to help me. Now even when I order a venti peppermint mocha out of habit, they serve me a venti orange tea and write encouraging notes on the cup.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    So Delicious - Coconut Milk French Vanilla Creamer, dairy free and found in dairy case in health food ( also other flavors)

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 Tbsp (15mL)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 10
    Calories from Fat 0
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Potassium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugar 1g
    Protein 0g
    • Vitamin A0%• Vitamin C0%• Calcium0%• Iron0%
    Ingredients: ORGANIC COCONUT MILK (ORGANIC COCONUT CREAM, WATER, GUAR GUM), ORGANIC DRIED CANE SYRUP, COLORED WITH TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, CARRAGEENAN.

[
    I used to get that and then I couldn't find it at the store anymore! It was pretty good, I want to try to find it again!
  • SMK683
    SMK683 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Two tablespoons of Coffeemate's fat free flavored creamers = 50 calories/cup.
  • vg8pr0
    vg8pr0 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Being a coffee lover myself, I have found some ways to cut the calories. There are sugar free syrups flavored at walmart and target and then if you use fat free half and half - coffee taste wonderful
  • twistedlefty
    Options
    cuisinart keurig coffee maker with "my K-cup" filled with dunkin' donuts coffee, splash of sugar free french vanilla coffeemate.
    if i'm out cheating i luv quik-trip sumatra coffee with hazelnut
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Seems to aggravate sugar cravings, so I only have it every now and then.

But when I do, it's a Soy Cappuccino all the way!! :D
  • av0cad0
    av0cad0 Posts: 20
    Options
    Black w/ 1 packet of stevia. creative
  • starbuckette
    starbuckette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just one cup a day (Starbucks of course) with a splash of milk = 20 calories, so it's easy to fit in :)