If I make a protein shake with water

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No.

I am so tired of having to explain this over and over and over, but I graduated with honors from college with a degree in chemistry and I can tell you for absolute certain that when you put that protein powder in the water, the molecular structure changes and they merge and a bunch of other sciency stuff you just wouldn't understand and the water ceases to be water anymore.

In fact, you're risking dangerous dehydration by ingesting that.

That new liquid then gets reprocessed through the body and gets turned back to water again so that the kidney can use it to filter out waste and excess nutrients which the body does not need.
    No.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Oh no, not again
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    No.

I am so tired of having to explain this over and over and over, but I graduated with honors from college with a degree in chemistry and I can tell you for absolute certain that when you put that protein powder in the water, the molecular structure changes and they merge and a bunch of other sciency stuff you just wouldn't understand and the water ceases to be water anymore.

That new liquid then gets reprocessed through the body and gets turned back to water again so that the kidney can use it to filter out waste and excess nutrients which the body does not need.
    No.

Then please enlighten us that without evaporation into thin air (outside of the body), how does the water or liquid content magically disappear to cause dehydration.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Does that count towards my daily water intake?

No, you have to drink it

As opposed to chewing your shake made with water ????

chewing it denatures the protein
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Troll?

:p
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Only water counts as water

?

It is water that he added. Why is this being asked? If I eat a low calorie snack, does that count towards my daily calorie intake? See how that sounds?

Water does not have calories but protein shakes do
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    As a Yukoner, I can tell you with certainty that only melted snow counts as water!

Don't you southerners know anything??
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    It counts as water, but you're supposed to make it with milk, so your protein shake is voided.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options
    It is water that he added. Why is this being asked? If I eat a low calorie snack, does that count towards my daily calorie intake? See how that sounds?

Depends on whether it was processed or not
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No.

No.

Then please enlighten us that without evaporation into thin air (outside of the body), how does the water or liquid content magically disappear to cause dehydration.
    I'm sorry, but if you didn't understand my previous explanation, you just are never going to understand.

Clearly, you do not have the sciency-type brain that I have. You're simply a plebe and I have no time for this.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Options
    It counts as water, but you're supposed to make it with milk, so your protein shake is voided.

milk makes you fat
  • jdooks
    Options
    Only water counts as water

?

Water does not have calories but protein shakes do

It's also ridiculously hard to get fat off of protein powders unless you're using a weight gainer which has at least 1.5 x's more carbs than there is protein in it (as it's the carbs which will put on the mass).
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Troll?

Yep
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No.

No.

WHOOOOOOOSH!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Troll?

Yep
    no :noway:
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Haven't we seen this topic about 100 times this week?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Only if you use natural rainwater. Tap water is processed and isn't clean drinking. Cavemen didn't have tap water so it's not paleo either. Double fail.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

WHOOOOOOOSH!

Yes, too much water will make you do that...
  • jdooks
    Options
    No.

No.

I'm sorry, but if you didn't understand my previous explanation, you just are never going to understand.

Clearly, you do not have the sciency-type brain that I have. You're simply a plebe and I have no time for this.

Your previous explanation makes absolutely ZERO sense. Dehydration is the removal or absence of liquids. For that to happen, the liquid has to literally evaporate into the atmosphere. The other way is to freeze it in which it solidifies but unless your body is operating at your freezer temps, there's no way for that liquid content to solidify in your body. Now, it does leave the body through your number 1's and a little bit of number 2's, but that also shows that the water has entered your body and your body has used the water for what it usually uses water for (transport of nutrients and used to filter waste and unused nutrients).

So, either you were joking or you just don't know what you are talking about?
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Does that count towards my daily water intake?

No, you have to drink it

As opposed to chewing your shake made with water ????

chewing it denatures the protein

Oh of course lol :noway: