If I make a protein shake with water

Options

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    What intellectual equals do you have? Just a bunch of people whom are fear mongering how protein is bad for the body (when it's absolutely not, what do you think breast milk consists of? it has a high content of whey protein).
    Breast milk is OK because it comes from humans and is natural for humans to ingest. It's the cow milk that's bad. IT'S FOR BABY COWS!!!

HA HA HA HA HA. I thought you were from a chemist background, you should know that they are chemically the same! They get broken down to the same basic sets of amino acids.

That's why I drink almond milk
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

If your pee is white, you should see a doctor. Ha ha ha. Protein powders will give your pee a tint of yellow. If you eat beets, it may give your pee a pink colour. That's about it, but white is not a normal colour. Ideal pee colour is yellow hay that is clear with very few bubbles. That's when you know that your kidneys and body is functioning properly.

Hmmm, I thought it was like the time that I ate too much asparagus and my wee was green the next day. Thanks! I will get a check up.

Having said that I have been eating a lot cheese lately. That has protein in it right? It gives me funny dreams, like the one where I'm a cow getting milked so my wee might not be white at all!

I knew too much protein was bad for you.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Yes it counts
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

If your pee is white, you should see a doctor. Ha ha ha. Protein powders will give your pee a tint of yellow. If you eat beets, it may give your pee a pink colour. That's about it, but white is not a normal colour. Ideal pee colour is yellow hay that is clear with very few bubbles. That's when you know that your kidneys and body is functioning properly.

Hmmm, I thought it was like the time that I ate too much asparagus and my wee was green the next day. Thanks! I will get a check up.

Having said that I have been eating a lot cheese lately. That has protein in it right? It gives me funny dreams, like the one where I'm a cow getting milked so my wee might not be white at all!

I knew too much protein was bad for you.

PUVui.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You do. Practically all nutrients comes out in the pee.

Oh, great. That makes sense.

Is that why my wee is a little white? Because that's the colour of the protein powder I use and I have a lot of it!

Wait. Lack of bubbles is an indicator of optimal pee?

:huh:
  • keshler
    Options
    If i'm not allowed to count coffee as water intake then a protein shake is way out of bounds
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Does that count towards my daily water intake?

Only if you drink the water, then eat the dry powder separately (star jumps to blend).
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    What intellectual equals do you have? Just a bunch of people whom are fear mongering how protein is bad for the body (when it's absolutely not, what do you think breast milk consists of? it has a high content of whey protein).
    Breast milk is OK because it comes from humans and is natural for humans to ingest. It's the cow milk that's bad. IT'S FOR BABY COWS!!!

HA HA HA HA HA. I thought you were from a chemist background, you should know that they are chemically the same! They get broken down to the same basic sets of amino acids.

That's why I drink almond milk

I didn't know almonds have nipples. That must be a lot of work!
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I graduated magna cum laude, thank you very much. I know what I'm talking about. Clearly, you don't.

Yet you have shown to have ZERO understanding of how diuretics work. I mean, for goodness sakes, you literally gave one of the most ridiculous explanations of diuretics and even went as far as claiming that protein is a diuretic. That's really really really far far far far far from reality.

At this point, I will just have to assume that you're a huge troll especially when something as simple to grasp as the concept of diuretics appear so incredibly far from reach to you :P
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

I KNOW RIGHT? And eggs are for chicken embryos and seeds for seedling plants. We should DEFINITELY only eat the foods that evolved specifically to feed humans.
  • jdooks
    Options

I KNOW RIGHT? And eggs are for chicken embryos and seeds for seedling plants. We should DEFINITELY only eat the foods that evolved specifically to feed humans.

I guess we can be cannibals then.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yet you have shown to have ZERO understanding of how diuretics work. I mean, for goodness sakes, you literally gave one of the most ridiculous explanations of diuretics and even went as far as claiming that protein is a diuretic. That's really really really far far far far far from reality.

I probably just have access to information you don't have access to. I really don't care what you think. I know I'm right and I hope the OP is smart enough to listen to me because it is his HEALTH I am concerned about, not just proving some guy I don't even know wrong.
  • rml_16
    Options

Yes!

Have you seen Supersize Me and Forks Over Knives?

Eye-opening stuff.
  • jdooks
    Options
    You do. Practically all nutrients comes out in the pee.

Oh, great. That makes sense.

Is that why my wee is a little white? Because that's the colour of the protein powder I use and I have a lot of it!

Wait. Lack of bubbles is an indicator of optimal pee?

:huh:

Lack of EXCESS of bubbles on a regular basis is an indicator of optimal pee ;)
  • jdooks
    Options

I probably just have access to information you don't have access to. I really don't care what you think. I know I'm right and I hope the OP is smart enough to listen to me because it is his HEALTH I am concerned about, not just proving some guy I don't even know wrong.

Yet you are clueless as to how diuretics work and sit there claiming that protein is a diuretic. You can claim all the collegiate degrees in the world but it still doesn't change the fact that you've been sitting their claiming that protein is a diuretic when it isn't has never been scientifically shown to be a diuretic.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

How many bubbles should be in my pee?
  • jdooks
    Options

How many bubbles should be in my pee?

As long as it's not like a frothy beer unless it was just you spilling a pint in the loo.
  • rml_16
    Options

Yet you are clueless as to how diuretics work and sit there claiming that protein is a diuretic. You can claim all the collegiate degrees in the world but it still doesn't change the fact that you've been sitting their claiming that protein is a diuretic when it isn't has never been scientifically shown to be a diuretic.

*sigh*

I never said PROTEIN is a diuretic. I said that mixing the PROTEIN POWDER into the WATER changes the molecular structure of the whole concoction and makes it a very dangerous diuretic and will cause people to become very dehydrated AND THEY CAN DIE.

DON'T YOU CARE THAT PEOPLE CAN DIE????
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

You go girl! He obviously doesn't respect the fact that you have a Chemistry degree and graduated Magnum Cum Laude.

This is a support site!

Haters gonna hate...
  • rml_16
    Options

You go girl! He obviously doesn't respect the fact that you have a Chemistry degree and graduated Magnum Cum Laude.

This is a support site!

Haters gonna hate...
    I KNOW!

I'm just so frustrated that people keep passing out all this misinformation and putting people's LIVES in danger.