If I make a protein shake with water

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Noob, Noob, Noob! Don't you know that you must cleanse with the protein/water compound to reap the full benefits? Colonics, my friend. Colonics.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard, implying that unused amino acids gets turned into poop. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Well, you're not going to pee them out are you?
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    See, it's STUPID studies like the following which are leading to misunderstandings about protein and dehydration:

http://advance.uconn.edu/2002/020429/02042904.htm

See that study? What they did was up protein intake but water intake did not scale with it. So if your protein intake goes up but your water intake remains the same, yeah, your urine is going to test out to have excess protein/aminos in it at abnormal amounts. That's due to you ingesting much higher amounts of nutrients than usual and not scaling your water intake up with it so that your body has water to use to filter and shuttle the nutrients. Simple science people.
  • jdooks
    Options
    Noob, Noob, Noob! Don't you know that you must cleanse with the protein/water compound to reap the full benefits? Colonics, my friend. Colonics.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard, implying that unused amino acids gets turned into poop. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

You do. Practically all nutrients comes out in the pee. Even solid food, it gets broken down, the nutrients gets filtered out in the kidneys (thus you need a proper amount of water which you need to scale accordingly to the amount of nutrients you are taking in). Everything that comes out of your poop is non-digestable by the body, it's solid waste that your body can't do anything with (but it's lacking nutrients as the nutrients have already been extracted and are being filtered through you kidneys).

Remember, your kidneys are what is used to filter nutrients to supply to the blood. Unless you're telling me you have solid chunks of stuff flowing through your blood, it's a given that nutrients are all basically mixed in liquid form in your bloodstream. Again, LIQUID FORM. Biology 101 here folks, biology 101.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    See, it's STUPID studies like the following which are leading to misunderstandings about protein and dehydration:

See that study? What they did was up protein intake but water intake did not scale with it. So if your protein intake goes up but your water intake remains the same, yeah, your urine is going to test out to have excess protein/aminos in it at abnormal amounts. That's due to you ingesting much higher amounts of nutrients than usual and not scaling your water intake up with it so that your body has water to use to filter and shuttle the nutrients. Simple science people.

Well, I think that does prove that protein is a diuretic. Duh.

I need to leave this site and go mingle with my intellectual equals who can actually understand this stuff.

You, sir, are giving out dangerous information. The OP is going to DIE because of you!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

You do. Practically all nutrients comes out in the pee. Even solid food, it gets broken down, the nutrients gets filtered out in the kidneys (thus you need a proper amount of water which you need to scale accordingly to the amount of nutrients you are taking in). Everything that comes out of your poop is non-digestable by the body, it's solid waste that your body can't do anything with (but it's lacking nutrients as the nutrients have already been extracted and are being filtered through you kidneys).

Remember, your kidneys are what is used to filter nutrients to supply to the blood. Unless you're telling me you have solid chunks of stuff flowing through your blood, it's a given that nutrients are all basically mixed in liquid form in your bloodstream. Again, LIQUID FORM. Biology 101 here folks, biology 101.

Why are you attacking everyone? This site is here so we can SUPPORT eachother
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Does that count towards my daily water intake?

No, you have to drink it

As opposed to chewing your shake made with water ????

chewing it denatures the protein

Digestion denatures the protein.

That's why I take steps to ensure that the food I eat isn't digested. [insert link to stomach tube post from yesterday]
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You do. Practically all nutrients comes out in the pee.

Oh, great. That makes sense.

Is that why my wee is a little white? Because that's the colour of the protein powder I use and I have a lot of it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

WHOOOOOOOSH!

Yes, too much water will make you do that...

I'm fairly certain this "WHOOOOOOOSH!" is a sign that fat is leaving your body...(or at least that 's what I read in a thread on MFP).
  • jdooks
    Options

Well, I think that does prove that protein is a diuretic. Duh.

I need to leave this site and go mingle with my intellectual equals who can actual understand this stuff.

You, sir, are giving out dangerous information. The OP is going to DIE because of you!

Not at all. If you take multi-vitamins, you should drink more water than the recommended 60 ounces a day. I mean, you're calling protein a diuretic when diuretics just cause your body to purge out water constantly. Diuretics do not make your body purge out water for the purpose of processing nutrients, diuretics just makes your body purge out water, period. Proteins are a nutrient, so yes, when you have extra nutrients in the body, you will need extra water so that your body has the water to use for filtering out the nutrients (this goes for ANY nutrient, even if you take multi-vitamins YOU SHOUD DRINK EXTRA WATER).

What intellectual equals do you have? Just a bunch of people whom are fear mongering how protein is bad for the body (when it's absolutely not, what do you think breast milk consists of? it has a high content of whey protein).

I mean, you keep saying that protein will dehydrate you and that it's a diuretic but from a very basic level, you do not appear to even understand how diuretics work.
  • jdooks
    Options

Is that why my wee is a little white? Because that's the colour of the protein powder I use and I have a lot of it!

If your pee is white, you should see a doctor. Ha ha ha. Protein powders will give your pee a tint of yellow. If you eat beets, it may give your pee a pink colour. That's about it, but white is not a normal colour. Ideal pee colour is yellow hay that is clear with very few bubbles. That's when you know that your kidneys and body is functioning properly.
  • jdooks
    Options

WHOOOOOOOSH!

Yes, too much water will make you do that...

I'm fairly certain this "WHOOOOOOOSH!" is a sign that fat is leaving your body...(or at least that 's what I read in a thread on MFP).

Some fat does leave the body through your urine but mostly, fat comes out in your poop.
  • rml_16
    Options

Your pee is white because you're peeing out all the fat you're losing on your diet.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Some fat does leave the body through your urine but mostly, fat comes out in your poop.

I always wondered what happened to the weight I've been losing, and why those things have seemed a little 'easier' since I started losing weight.
  • rml_16
    Options
    What intellectual equals do you have? Just a bunch of people whom are fear mongering how protein is bad for the body (when it's absolutely not, what do you think breast milk consists of? it has a high content of whey protein).
    Breast milk is OK because it comes from humans and is natural for humans to ingest. It's the cow milk that's bad. IT'S FOR BABY COWS!!!
  • jdooks
    Options

I always wondered what happened to the weight I've been losing, and why those things have seemed a little 'easier' since I started losing weight.

I've found that if one is on a high fiber and vegetable heavy diet, that the inclusion of some fat rich foods goes a long way in keeping yourself regular ;)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yes it counts...
    No it doesn't...
    Yes it counts...
    No it doesn't...
    Yes it counts...
    No it doesn't...
    Yes it counts...
    No it doesn't...
    Yes it counts...
    No it doesn't...
    Yes it counts...
    No it doesn't...

Theses questions never ever get old.
  • jdooks
    Options
    Breast milk is OK because it comes from humans and is natural for humans to ingest. It's the cow milk that's bad. IT'S FOR BABY COWS!!!

HA HA HA HA HA. I thought you were from a chemist background, you should know that they are chemically the same! They get broken down to the same basic sets of amino acids.
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    4254d1354308340-fastlane-not-u00252bsure-2bif-2bserious.jpg

^^ *giggle*
  • rml_16
    Options

HA HA HA HA HA. I thought you were from a chemist background, you should know that they are chemically the same! They get broken down to the same basic sets of amino acids.
    I graduated magna cum laude, thank you very much. I know what I'm talking about. Clearly, you don't.