Anyone elses SO less then supportive?

Options
ifoundroadkill
ifoundroadkill Posts: 96 Member
I have been working on this for the 2 week now. I have already dropped close to 12 lbs. I have been working my butt off. My husband acts like my working out is an "inconvenience." Because I haven't been running to the store everyday for him and I have expected him to watch our kids. He won't watch them so I can join a gym, sleeps 12 hours a day, and gets mad if his kids wake him up at 2 p.m. while I'm working out. (no he doesn't work graves.) I am getting so mad because even one of his best friends pointed out the weight loss. He got passive aggressive mad about it. Would you be mad too? Are any of you having the same problem?

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    just break up.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    He sleeps until 2 and doesn't work gravesift. Does he work at all?
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    just break up.

*giggles to self* <3's
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    LOL @ "watching" his own kids.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Wow.

He's a charming fellow.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    LOL @ "watching" his own kids.

^^ This - I would BREAK my husband if he ever said that....(Thank goodness I lift heavy)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Your hubby sounds like sort of a bum, to be honest. I don't get this "he won't babysit the kids"....aren't they his kids too?! Jeez. Sounds like he isn't doing much else; looking after the kids isn't any great strain. I am sure he is insecure....certainly sounds like he has reason to be!
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    Hate to tell you this, but from what you describe, your husband is a douche. Good on you for improving your life so that you can be a more fit mother and feel healthier overall. I'm sorry you don't have his support - but the issue is more than him not beig supportive of your weight loss, he doesn't seem to be a supportive spouse in general and absent from his role as a parent entirely. Keep focusing on your goals, be the best mom you can for your kids and if you can't get the point across to your husband that he needs to be a responsible spouse,well, then you will have to come to your own decision at that point. Good luck
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I can't say mine is completely unsupportive... however he does poke fun at me sometimes and tells me I am overly obsessed with tracking my calories.. he makes fun when I am cooking in the kitchen and have my laptop on the counter so i can log each and every ingredient calorie on MFP... I am a tad obsessed with being as accurate as possible with it all, but I dont think its a bad thing. he will also sometimes try to offer me something not very good for me (piece of candy, chips, etc) and when I decline he says stuff like "one piece of candy is not going to make you fat!"... it bothers me... but it not all the time he does it, for the most part he seems supportive.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    my spouse is similar. but, I make it work for ME...and not to please her. She did reluctantly get me a gym membership for christmas but, I have had to work for 2 weeks to get a routine down that doesn't seem to bother her.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    When DOES he work?
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    wow what a douche. You married him? how long has he been like this? I doubt he'll change so you either have to have a serious talk with his lazy *kitten* or move on and get a divorce. A relationship be it marriage or not is 50/50. Especially when you have children together. He needs to grow up and stop being such a big baby about things and respect that you have to do things as well and the world does not revolve around him.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    My wife is not totally on board in a "This won't last" way.

So, I'm planning to make my periodic rewards to be things _she_ really wants. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    just break up.

Yeah...nothing else to say. Divorce is in your future.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My wife is not totally on board in a "This won't last" way.

So, I'm planning to make my periodic rewards to be things _she_ really wants. :)

Why would you make YOUR rewards about her? How will that keep YOU motivated?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    He sleeps 12 hours a day????? What a douche balloon!
  • lyrical_melody
    Options
    just break up.

Yeah...nothing else to say. Divorce is in your future.

Seriously people? how is this going to help her? Keep comments like these to yourself!
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ditch him - it would be an instant loss of 200 lbs or what ever he weighs.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you this, but from what you describe, your husband is a douche. Good on you for improving your life so that you can be a more fit mother and feel healthier overall. I'm sorry you don't have his support - but the issue is more than him not beig supportive of your weight loss, he doesn't seem to be a supportive spouse in general and absent from his role as a parent entirely. Keep focusing on your goals, be the best mom you can for your kids and if you can't get the point across to your husband that he needs to be a responsible spouse,well, then you will have to come to your own decision at that point. Good luck

This... can't say it any better.
  • lyrical_melody
    Options
    I have been working on this for the 2 week now. I have already dropped close to 12 lbs. I have been working my butt off. My husband acts like my working out is an "inconvenience." Because I haven't been running to the store everyday for him and I have expected him to watch our kids. He won't watch them so I can join a gym, sleeps 12 hours a day, and gets mad if his kids wake him up at 2 p.m. while I'm working out. (no he doesn't work graves.) I am getting so mad because even one of his best friends pointed out the weight loss. He got passive aggressive mad about it. Would you be mad too? Are any of you having the same problem?

Have you tried sitting down with your husband and explaining what you want from your recent change and how he can help? Maybe explain to him what he would get out of it...(if he doesnt get it at the first go)?

All I can say is communication...communication...communication. If he still doesnt get it...counseling?

Or...is there a gym that has day-care? I dont have kids, but I have noticed my gym has a daycare and my gym is just $10....good luck.