200+ (Week 20) Fling Into Spring!

Options

Replies

• ejm0306
    ejm0306 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hello all! So this weekend was horrible...I probably gained back the weight that I've already lost....Thank God weigh-in isn't until Friday for me with our weightloss challenge at work. I have to hit the gym every day this week to work it off. This week will be better. My nephews ate all the junk food in the house that was bought so that helps a lot...gotta love my 3 little monsters. I am going to do everything I can to get back on track. I have 5 weeks left in our biggest loser challenge and I wanna lose at least 4% more by then.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    It's 50 outside - WOW!!!! That never happens this early in the year for us. I just had lunch and am heading to moms for a long walk (2 or 3 miles) outside. I have to be back for more early evening clients. If the weather holds and DH doesn't want to walk, I may go for a run tonight.

Kristina - good luck exercising so you can eat guiltlessly. Have fun tonight!!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Victoria (I feel like I should actually be calling you by your name!)- It's gorgeous downstate as well. I wish I could go for a walk this afternoon. Alas, am in clinic, and will probably want to pump up the sweat a bit and go to the gym versus walking outside. Still pretty nonproficient at running outside.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Finally caught up on posts!!! there's no way my mind will remember who said what so bear with me....

I love spaghetti squash. It's super easy to cook and really yummy. I didn't buy any at the store last week though, but it will be on my list for the next time. I did get some sweet potatoes and eggplant. I think i am going to roast the eggplant tonight with some olive oil and garlic to snack on this week. Gotta get those veggies. I 've been tracking my veggies more, and added in the low sodioum V8 (which isn't as good as the real thing, but better than nothing in my book). I am going to check out the veggie site suggested on here and see if i can find some good recipes.

my monday morning was super hectic.. Hubby calls me from the shower with that panicked sound in his voice. I stumble down the hall to see what's wrong. YUCK!! he's got a tick under his "man boob" (his words not mine). I tried to pull it out, but the sucker wouldn't budge, and i was terrified of pulling the head off, so off to immediate care we went at seven. Thankfully he is fine (although a disgusting wound), but hey. that is what you get laying in a field down on the coast working on tractors.

Then we had ants in our kitchen......I HATE ANTS!!

Still, I got in my treadmill run. 2 miles in 26 minutes!!!:happy: Did some strength exercises with free weights and my resistance bands, and even busted out 10 full on push ups. whoo hoo!!

Tip: Any one tried "dijonaise" by Kraft. there is only 5 calories in a teaspoon, and it is pretty good on a sandwich.

Well, i'm off to be lazy during my sons naptime, then it's off to the store to replace the cereal the ants were into.......:explode: :mad: :mad:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Its in the mid 60s here today so instead of going to the gym, I'm going to take Lexi and meet Amber at the park I've been going to. I went yesterday but only had time to walk 1.33 miles. I watched my time and I walked 1 mile in like, 17 minutes. :embarassed: That doesn't begin to compare to what you ladies can do but everyone has to start somewhere. And technically, I haven't started c25k yet. But I think its coming soon. Gotta work on some more music for it I think. Anyways, its time for me to go home now.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    cd - I am still laughing - sorry... We have a huge problem with ticks in northern MI. A cotton ball with a large amount of Dawn soap placed on the tick for about 60 sec will cause it to pull its head out. then you can grab it with the cotton ball and destroy it... We flush them down toilet. The dog gets them more often than we humans. DH got one on his arm last year and I thought he was going to freak out yelling at me to get it off him.

Blombie - 17 min is a good pace for walking. I did 3 miles with mom and her dog today and we did 20 min miles. Hopefully my walk with DH will be a bit faster. I think we are going to walk 2 miles, eat the bar, then walk a mile home (I hope).... I am planning for water and a salad... It depends how his legs feel. He did 2 miles with me Sat and all day yesterday c/o being sore - I had to snicker. 5 months ago when we started this I weighed more than him (EEEEK:blushing:) Now, I weigh 30 pounds less then him and am in better shape. He should have kept working out with me all winter instead of sitting on his tush drinking beer. At least he is willing to walk now. Sorry got a little of track. Good luck starting the C25K program. I think you will love it once you get started.

I guess I will try running tomorrow afternoon during my 2 hour lunch break. Well I should go do some paperwork since my evening looks to be taken up with walking and eating out.

Kristina - I just hate the treadmill so much that I live to run outside. Good luck working out.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Ugh, ticks. I remember my brother coming back from boy scout camp one year with them everywhere. I still have nightmares about removing them *shudders*

Kendal- 17min/mile for a walk is not shabby at all! you're getting out and moving! I wish I had gone out today. If it's like this again tomorrow, I might try and do that instead of the rec center. Sure, I might not break as much of a sweat/burn as many calories, but it'll be much more enjoyable!

Back from the gym.... finally returned! I feel like it's been ages, and I went all out- 65 min on the elliptical and 20 on the bike. yes! dinner shouldn't be too painful now, because i love me some pub trivia food. I was originally going to do treadmill, but thought I'd burn more on the elliptical. I need to get on the 'mill though, as I want to finish c25k- I don't know why I'm procrastinating. I know I can do it. Just scared of finishing it? I don't know. I'd like to finish it up on the treadmill and then start to up my runs outside as it'll start to get warmer. I know I'll need to slow down my pace and will have to stop more at first, but it'll be better in the long run.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Well DH called at 5 and said he had to work late so he was going to back out of walking. I really wanted to go out to eat so I put on my jogging shoes and did 5 min warm up and ran 2 miles. Yeah me!!!! My salad was great and now I'm ready for bed. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    As I was browsing the boards and web, I came across this article on runners world about eating fruits and veges. I was on another page earlier that said you should plan to eat 5 colors a day for fruits and veges that way you know you are getting a good variety. The article made me think of cds and her quest to incorporate more veges into her diet.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-300--11948-0,00.html
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I've also seen a few articles that suggest going for as many colors as possible in regards to fruits and vegetables so that you eat as many as possible. Well...I guess I'd pass with decent colors today...red tomatos from soup, black olives, all sorts of greens, banana yellow..not too bad but definitely not one of my better vegetable days.

Well. I weighed and despite my TOM and brownie sabotage I am at 208, so YES, I DID LOSE a lb last week!! woohoo!!

AND I ran for two minutes today at a time a couple times and a minute and a half the other times. Getting better!! I'm still only doing it for 20 minute spurts, but its better than anything and I swear it is what tipped off my weight loss again.

I went over cals a bit today but I will still take it. I only burned 516 at the gym instead of over 600, but hey..at least i went. I SO did NOT want to go today. Boy did I feel better after I got there and started going though..

Have a good night ladies!
    Lacey
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    hey Everyone
    Hope everyone Monday was fabulous... Went to the Y today to work out burned 408 in turbo kick 308 in my cardio pump strength training class then stayed about 30 min for step class and did 311... man i was tired when i got home.. had fixed pork loin early in the day so make dinner easier when we got home.. and i swear my kids know when im tired.. mom can you get this .. etc.. i was getting short fused trying to get dinner on the table and deal with 3 kiddos lol So tomorrow ill be off to do Zumba and maybe run the track a bit.. its really hard to burn 1400 cal a day if you want to lose 2lbs a week .. whew :glasses:

im going to have to look up the spaghetti squash recipie.. ive never had it before .. not really sure what it is either lol :laugh:

ticks suck..my son gets them sometimes after he attends camp :ohwell:
    hope every one has a good night

Bethany:heart:
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hello super heroes!! i had a really dood day today. i got some great excersise in and had a blast doing it! i played "just dance" with my Sis-In-Law and before we knew it we had been dancng for an hour. did 8 push-up (which is more that i have ever been able to do in my life!) and 60 crunches on my wii game called my fitness coach. then i played baseball, tennis and bowling with her as well. we played the wii for a good 3-4 hours but soe of the games were board games. i had so much fun.

i know this is probably TMI but it is officially time to shop for a smaller size in my underwear. i can not get it to stay up under my jeans anymore. of course my jeans are getting loose too but i will deal with that later. has the chart for this week been posted yet? i didnt see it but i am blind half the time anyway. well super heros i am off to log my food for the day!! have a good night!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder Amber. I sometimes forget to post the chart. It would make it easier for me if everyone remembers to post an actual weight and not just the amount lost. Sorry Mrsmarvelous - I hope I got it right figuring out what you would be being down a 1/2 pound. Doing math takes more time and I'm not so good at it:blushing:. It's hard to believe that we are 1/2 way through this challenge. NICE JOB SUPERHEROS!!!! How long should I keep people on the list that say they want to join but don't repost? 2 weeks, 3 weeks, the entire time? Let me know if there are any other errors.

euivk1.jpg
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Pinbot: 2 weeks seems fair, and if they don't check in, they get dropped. But should always be welcomed back....
    I have never had ticks, but I did have a leech (leach?) on my foot when I was younger, and I thought I was gonna die! Needless to say, mom took it off and I never swam in the Saco river again!
    Yesterday I 'fasted'. Not a 'real' fast, because I did eat, but I restricted mtyself to special k meal bars as my meals for the whole day. I did cave & eat the ranch wrap BD bought me; but I had so many calories, that I knew it wouldn't matter. I did that so that I could get my stomach back to where it was 2 weeks ago. The 1.5ish gain I ahd really made me even more determined. I am so determined to win this battle, although it gets hard sometimes. I weighed in at 217 even today! hoohoo! but I think I will wait a few days before I update my ticker again.. maybe not though!
    Home life is becoming more stressful by the day. My kids make me want to go home and stay home, but my BD.. he is something else. I never want to be around him anymore. I NEVER WANT TO BE HOME WITH HIM. i NEED TO HURRY UP & GET MY LISCENSE SO i CAN JUST DIPSET. (oops:blushing: )
    Have a good day Super Heroes!!!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    The chart looks good Pinbot! I didn't even realize we were half way thru the challenge! I need to kick my butt into high gear if I wanna make this goal...
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys really posted away yesterday!!!!! I was feeling like crap all day. I did get in some light exercise, but my chest has been really hurting me since I went to a run Sunday morning. I was over in calories yesterday due to not exercising many calories away. I was so tired and slept a lot yesterday and had hoped that I would feel better today, but I don't:sick: :sick: .
    You all have given me a lot of motivation though, all your workouts are awesome! The sun is shining brightly here this morning, I might try to do a little yard work this morning and see if that helps any and I'd like to try at least 20 minutes on the elliptical so I keep my calories in check...... this Super Pal...lost her ump.....:sick: :sick:
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey Superheros! It's Tuesday and at least it is not Monday. One of my best friends went into the hospital at 5am today to have induced labor. Here it is 8am and she is blogging on facebook. Guess this may take a while. Finally got on my treadmill last night and it was great. Walking and ready definitely works for me.

Pinbot - The chart looks great. I think 2 weeks is a good time period.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    The scale and I are now dating:love: He loves me. I had to get off it this morning and make sure it was zeroed out correctly. Of course it was so I hugged it and told it I loved it. Then I danced around the house and wished it was Thursday. I hope it holds for my official weigh-in day but I wont hold my breath. I took Sunday off exercising and every time a take a whole day off, my body seems to drop weight. Why would that be???

Glad you guys like the chart. It is getting easier to post now that I have the directions memorized and a bookmark for tinypics.com... I agree 2 weeks of no posting and we take someone off the chart but will re-welcome them with open arms. I would say if a regular poster lets us know they will be on vacation for 2 weeks and not around a computer, I would make an exception:wink: .

I am off to work. Have a great day everyone!!!!

Deb - I hope you feel better. Make sure to rest and get lots of fluids and Vit C. :flowerforyou:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    dang I need to get my butt in gear! :frown: Zumba is tonight but the past couple of classes, its been hurting my knees so I'm not sure how much longer I can do it. Thankfully the next class isn't until NEXT Thursday so hopefully that'll be enough time for my knees to heal after tonight. I might even stay and do something on the elliptical too. You ladies have taught me that I can do more than 1 exercise for 1 hour a day. I don't know why I thought that was all that I can do....

The park was great with the bff and our dogs yesterday! We planned to get there at 6, they got there around 6:15 and at 6:42 we realized the park had closed at 6:30. There was a man there waiting to close the gate. Thankfully we weren't the last ones out. I think thats where I want to start my c25k. I know the treadmill would be a better and easier place to track my distance and speed, but there's something about taking lexi for a jog that just makes it so much easier. At one point she wasn't listening so I made her sit for a minute and let my friends keep walking. Then we did a light jog to catch up and Lexi loved it. I liked it a lot too. I'm hoping the park will stay open later next week once Day Light Savings starts.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Victoria- so are you at first base or rounding your way to second with your scale? You've been getting in some crazy amounts of exercise. No wonder why you're doing so well. I bet you're toning up nicely! As for the chart, I say 2 weeks and drop them. They're always welcome back- that's if it's a newbie who joins and then just doesn't update. If it's someone who's been around a while, give 'em time- I figure we'd badger each other at this point.

Nikki- be careful with your "fasting". I don't think once and while eating under your calories is horrible, but don't do it more than a day or so. Also, if you're trying to go low calorie, why not try and go for less processed stuff than bars? Just a thought. Glad you're down in weight though!

Debra- I hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

Kendal- glad the park went well yesterday. that sounds like a great place to get some exercise! I think once it warms up here more permanently and the snow is melted and the ground isn't all soggy from said snow melting, the arboretum or botanical gardens would be perfect to get my run/walk on. I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a good day. Trivia was fun last night. My team was consistenly in the middle like always. We did fabulous on the movie (all Oscar!) category. Homonyms? Not so much. All in all, a fun and caloric evening. Today looks to be a bit hectic. I'll be at one clinic in the morning, and one in the afternoon. My appt over at the other clinic isn't till pretty late in the afternoon, which could give me a late start on the exercise train tonight. I plan to either knock out some time at the rec center (hopefully day 1 of week 9), or if it's super beautiful out again, I'm going to enjoy the weather! It's supposed to stay warm here this week, but rain for the majority of it, so if today's still sunny, I should make the most use out of it!