Game of Thrones fans here?

Options
12346»

Replies

• nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    Love the Song of Ice and Fire series of books.. Loved them well before the HBO series.. Full credit to HBO they do the novels justice.. Can't say about most adaptations.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Love the show. I'm halfway through the first book. So far the show pretty much follows it.

Does anyone know where in the books the show is up to?

each season is supposed to be one book and this is season/book three that starts in march

Thanks.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm never been a big fan of fantasy shows but I am ALL ABOUT this show. I've been reading the books, but only the first 2. I want to be surprised third season....although I already know most of the people who are dying :(
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I started out with the show, and liked it so much that I got the books too! Then again, I -am- a huge bookworm! So far I'm incredibly pleased with both, and can't wait for more!
  • Cherry_blossom73
    Cherry_blossom73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just finished watching season one....I'm hooked!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm like 25% in to book 2 and have watched both seasons.

liking it so far but i think i like the tv show better. i heard that the books start to become rambling mess which surprises me because so far books 1&2 have been rambling - to me. i hate to think it gets worse ...
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Definitely read the books. And don't get too attached to ANYONE. George R.R. Martin don't care bout your feelings. LMAO.
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hodor, hodor hordor hodor, hodor, HODOR!

(translation, I freaking love Game of Thrones and can't wait for the next season)
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for season 3. The only thing keeping me going in the mean time is Doctor Who.
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold
    Wow, keep the testosterone down guy, ofc it will

huh

what

keep your estrogen in check. I was joking. daenerys is a super boring character
    Yes, for YOU it is a boring character!! and your jokes suck ;)

read the books. mmmk

Yeah...Dany is pretty boring in the books.
    Which has nothing to do with the OP. He said the television version. The first reply about her path not unfolding and her book character being boring is a straw man. Jeez people. Give the OP a break.

OP your first mistake was trying to get a conversation going on the Message Boards. You open yourself up to this type of pushback. It's pretty sad really. We can express our opinions on topic without all being aggressive *kitten*.

Returning to the actual topic, I love GoT. Almost every character is interesting IMO and there are over a dozen new characters for season 3. I have watched both seasons twice now and the second time I learned a lot that escaped me the first time. I'm definitely ready for more!