200+ Pound Twenties (New Group)

Options
Hello I am new to the site and I am looking for some people to join me in loosing weight. Group members should be in their 20s and weigh over 200 pounds. This way we are all in a similar situation and can relate better. Share our problems, concerns, motivations, recipes, ect.

I would like to have weigh-ins every week on Fridays. (Of course that is as soon as I buy myself a scale LOL!)

Replies

• mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    cool, I'll sign up! This'll help a bit more with my accountability! :embarassed: :laugh:
    I'm 24 and currently 249-ish!

-Megan:glasses:
  • clairebear82
    Options
    Yep, I'm 27 and currently weigh 210, but was 225.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'll join, I'm 26 and 208. Hoping to go under 200 by the end of this month though!
  • hanr
    hanr Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey, I'll join too!

I'm Hannah, from Australia, 22 and 243lbs (110kg).
    How do we join the group?? I'm new to all this :)

I also have to buy some scales!!! :)
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yay I am glad so many ladies want to join with me! I am new to everything too but it seemed there were a lot of groups already formed. I wanted to make one so we can all start this together. I am going to try and get a scale by the end of the week so I can weigh in officially. I hope we can all become good friends!
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Im 29, 203.9lbs as of today, but it fluctuates lol, and I started at 220. Happy losing all x
  • steffi1686
    Options
    Glad to have you!
    Is this website helping you stay focused? I joined because I didn't really want to do anything as structured as weight watchers. I just wanted to be more conscious of what I ate and make small changes to my diet a little at a time. The people here seem super friendly as well.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey! I like this!
    I'm 25, 5'8" and 240 lbs...my ultimate goal is 165lbs. Right now I would be happy with breaking 200!
  • clairebear82
    Options
    This site is absolutely helping me keep focus, I struggled for two years to get back on track with my diet and would fail time after time after time. This site has helped me lose a stone in 4 weeks, and I can see the end goal in July with me being back to where I was with my ultimate goal coming at the end of August.

I love when you put all your food in and press complete, that it tells you what you are likely to weigh in 5 weeks time, that's the ultimate motivation for me. As such I have learnt to control my food intake and cravings over the last few weeks. And that if I have a day where I want to eat a little more, I adjust my goals and I know that I can't go over a certain ultimate amount of calories in a day if I want to maintain my weight for instance.

So yes, stick with us and lets see how we all get on!! x
  • dbnew
    dbnew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun. I'm 25 and 229 lbs.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm 28 and currently 209 pounds.

Should we have a weigh in day or a challenge or something?
  • steffi1686
    Options
    I figured weigh in days should be every Friday. Challenge would be just to meet the weekly goals that were set.
    But we can all chip in ideas to decide what would be best.
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you too. I'm katie and I m just learning my way around this site. I weigh 223 lbs as of Monday. I am also looking to meet other mommies trying to lose what our blessings added onto our frames...lol. I had twin boys in May 2009 and it really took a toll on my body.
  • steffi1686
    Options
    It seems that this site is really helpful and the people here are very supportive. It was just the atmosphere I was looking for.
    I hope we can all reach our goals together!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join this group! My name is Danielle. 25 and about 228. My ideal weight is 160, so I have a LOT of work ahead of me! I def need some motivation (as I lie in bed on the laptop) :blushing:

Just a note about weighing in on Fridays: I actually talked to my Dr. about this, because that was my "original" weigh in day. He actually discouraged me from doing it on Fridays, because after you weigh in on Friday, what stops you from eating badly over the weekend? Because you know you have a week until you weigh in again, so, he suggested I weigh in on Mondays. Kind of stupid, but, it helps you stay on track a little more, when you know that the next day after the weekend is your weigh in!
  • clairebear82
    Options
    That's a really good point, I tend to have my weigh in on Sundays, but happy to move mine to Monday's. I've lost only 0.5 pounds this week so maybe I might shift a little more in 24 hours!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well I have been having a really bad week. Actually, to tell you the truth, I have been off track for awhile. I was doing good until I ate at ruby tuesdays like 3 weeks ago and got food poisoning. I was sick for an entire week and couldn't work out, and since then, I've been lazy!

So, I want to get back on track. Plan to work out on the wii fit tonight, and officially weigh in tommorrow. Then, hopefully by next Monday when I weigh in, I will have lost about 5 lbs :laugh:

I need to get motivated! I have over 70 to lose... :grumble: :angry:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Oooh, oooh, me too! :bigsmile:

I'm 26. Currently at 218 but started out at 290. Never NOT been in the 200s since as far back as I can remember, but I plan on getting there relatively soon, so I hope I don't get kicked out at that point. :wink:
  • steffi1686
    Options
    Yeah Mondays sound like a good day to weigh in. So those that can weigh in this Monday do so, but since I don't have a scale yet (it is coming in the mail) I am officially going to start weighing in next week. It kinda sucks that I won't see the results of my week.
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join too!

26 and 206 pounds, started at 230.

hoping to be 196 for my friends 27th by the end of april. here's hoping!!