Replies

• steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    K guys. I officially weighed in today... 232. Yuck. :sad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I usually do my weigh ins on Thursday so I'll post that on the following Monday if that's alright with everyone. I really like the Monday weigh in idea though. I'm in a March challenge right now but come April I'm switching my weigh in day for sure!
  • valorie116
    Options
    I would like to join too! Im from Iowa, Im 26 and 246. I have been getting a little off track and need some motivation. Mondays work for me! I could use all the support I can get!.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I am 24 and around 205 pounds. I usually weigh in on Fridays but can do Mondays as well.
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well, here goes a Weigh-In for me! Forgot to do it yesterday, but today I am 248! Down a pound. :)

-Megan
  • steffi1686
    Options
    Great job to those who were able to weigh in this week. We will officially start next week with weigh ins.
    On a side note my scale should be here tomorrow so cross your fingers for me and hope that I am not over my estimated weight.
  • uptonia
    uptonia Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 25, and was at 214 last week.
  • steffi1686
    Options
    Welcome to the group!! It is great to see so many people joining..I had no idea there was so many of us.
    We will battle together!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Did your scale come in yet??
  • shellrock44
    shellrock44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I would like to join too! I am 29 and weigh 250 lbs. I started at 265 so I have lost 15lbs so far. I like this site because it makes you accountable for your food intake. I don't have the baby excuse though, I just have the fat and lazy one. I look forward to meeting everyone and following along here. Good Luck to everyone!
  • steffi1686
    Options
    @Jenn: My scale came in today. YAY! I weighed in at 245.2 lbs...so I was really close to my estimate of 250. Also, I have been following the site for 5 or 6 days so I am not sure how much I actually lost and how much was just from my overestimate.

@Shellrock: Welcome to the group! My excuse is also being fat and lazy and food is good. LOL! 15lbs is an awesome start though! I am trying to make sustainable changes to my lifestyle so my exercise is still minimal (30 mins of walking 3 days a week).
  • tennisref
    tennisref Posts: 27
    Options
    I'd like to join- Jennifer, 27 and 230 lbs. This is my first week with mfp and everyone has me very excited. Not looking to see results right away. Just started exercising (after years of being lazy) and tyring to keep my calories in check. Once I start building better habits, then I hope to start seeing some change~!
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great group! Hi ladies!

Im 21 and weigh 196 but I def started out 208 - 210 but I just started counting calories and slowly losing weight!
    Good luck to everyone I would really love to join if thats okay!
  • steffi1686
    Options
    Welcome to the group Star Stuck and Tennisref! Official weigh ins start next Monday!

@Tennis: I just started about 6 days ago and adding in your daily calories and stuff is so easy. I actually seem to have more energy and have been less down since I started. This is the first time that has happened and I feel really motivated and I changed my weight goal from 180 to 150 so I will be in the healthy zone according to BMI.
  • Jparadise72
    Options
    I want to join too...

Im Jessica, starting weight 240.. want to get down to 150. Lots and Lots of work ahead!! I look forward to giving and getting support :heart:
  • steffi1686
    Options
    Welcome to the group! 150 is also my goal weight...then I will be considered healthy according to BMI. Can't wait for that day, but if I continue it should take around a year to get down to that weight if I consistently loose 2lbs a week. A year to loose 100lbs seems doable and actually not too long considering how long it took me to put on this much weight (23 years) lol.
  • shellrock44
    shellrock44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think we can all do it. I have recently started running with an old friend from high school. I live in GA and she lives in NV but we have each made a goal. She wants to eventually run a triathalon and I want to run a marathon. I started running with this program on coolrunnings.com. You first have to be able to run three miles straight to start to train for a 5K, which is my first mini goal. The program is running three miles Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat run 2 miles, and Sun run 3 again. I have made it through till today so I am way excited. Does anyone else like to run? Any suggestions about technique, breathing, anything? I hope everyone has a great day!
  • steffi1686
    Options
    Wow you have quite a rigorous workout schedule. Not sure how you do it! I think I need to find an exercise I actually enjoy. I will probably just stick with walking around my neighborhood at least for now. But it is awesome that you found something that motivates you!
  • laurajane81
    Options
    Hiya im 28 and 212 i started at 233 i would love to join ur group....x