I Eat Fast Food and It's Ok

Options

Replies

• bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    MC Donald french fries are not the same ever since they changed their oil :explode:

I don't miss the fast food anymore !
    I did have some Shakeys pizza the other day , is that fast food ....... Like OMG :laugh:
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    While an elite pizza's cook time is roughly 90 seconds, depending on oven and style,I do not consider it fast food.

Agreed. 'Fast' is all-encompassing. It's made fast, goes down fast, and usually comes out fast :bigsmile:

An "elite" pizza dough rises between 18 and 72 hours, BTW. That's slow cookin'.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Eating well is a holistic thing. I eat well. I also eat Egg McMuffin meals almost daily, and I had a Whopper w/ Cheese meal in the last week. Eating well and eating fast food are not mutually exclusive. That's the crux of the argument here.

for you.

everyone does it their own way. and there's nothing wrong with that.

however, as I mentioned, this is not the thread for that debate. You wanna have that argument, start your own.

DONE!

Come at me, bros.

But dude. Fo' realz...an egg mcmuffin is a pretty healthy thing to eat. It is fast. It is food. But it's not really fast food. I make the equivalent of it in my kitchen. It's like 300 calories or something.

Argument may be invalid?

- First bro to come at ya

450 for the sandwich (sausage & egg mcmuffin is my brand) + 150 for the hash browns = 600.

Ah yaaaah.. Back when I was fresh out of high school, working a 3rd shift job (HSN). I'd stop off every morning at Mickey D's and get a sausage and egg McMuffin, hash browns and Sprite. Then go home and go to bed. Not surprisingly, I gained about 30 lbs in a short period of time.

Now, being vegetarian, I don't visit too many fast food joints... but I sure do love my Chipotle (and miss my Sharky's Fresh Mex and Baja Fresh... they don't have them where I live now). I guess I'm more "I eat quick serve food and it's ok"...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    While an elite pizza's cook time is roughly 90 seconds, depending on oven and style,I do not consider it fast food.

Agreed. 'Fast' is all-encompassing. It's made fast, goes down fast, and usually comes out fast :bigsmile:

An "elite" pizza dough rises between 18 and 72 hours, BTW. That's slow cookin'.

You are on my wavelength. :drinker:
  • taso42
    Options
    Ah yaaaah.. Back when I was fresh out of high school, working a 3rd shift job (HSN). I'd stop off every morning at Mickey D's and get a sausage and egg McMuffin, hash browns and Sprite. Then go home and go to bed. Not surprisingly, I gained about 30 lbs in a short period of time.

You gained 30 lbs eating around 800 calories a day? Very interesting. :indifferent:
  • hollyNhollywood
    Options
    MC Donald french fries are not the same ever since they changed their oil :explode:

I don't miss the fast food anymore !
    I did have some Shakeys pizza the other day , is that fast food ....... Like OMG :laugh:

Ahh! I JUST said I miss Sharky's! I classify it as "quick serve" :-)
    Their nachos are amazing. But so is their healthier alternatives ("power plates".. their yams.. yum!)
  • hollyNhollywood
    Options

You gained 30 lbs eating around 800 calories a day? Very interesting. :indifferent:

Exactly.. It was my ONLY meal a day... Or maybe it was more like my fourth meal. One or the other. Actually, its been a long time. Hard to remember. I just know-- bad habit.
  • taso42
    Options

Exactly.. It was my ONLY meal a day... Or maybe it was more like my fourth meal. One or the other.

Er big difference. It was probably your forth meal and you were probably eating a few thousand more calories on top of the McD's.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Eating fast food for most of your meals is literally going to kill you from the inside out.

What you eat does not determine when you die.

It absolutely contributes to how long you will live. The number one thing kill American's today, Obesity.

So? Eat less and move more. Fast food isn't the cause, it's not like McDonald's fries are chasing you down the street and jumping in your mouth. hmmmm......wait, I'd sort of like that....off to dream/ fantasize
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Eating fast food for most of your meals is literally going to kill you from the inside out.
    Who let this one in here?

tumblr_mf5u7icThO1r0omby_zps67427ce5.gif
  • hollyNhollywood
    Options

Exactly.. It was my ONLY meal a day... Or maybe it was more like my fourth meal. One or the other.

Er big difference. It was probably your forth meal and you were probably eating a few thousand more calories on top of the McD's.

Yes. It obviously wasn't my only meal. It was just a last meal I ate before going to bed.
    Not saying you're going to gain 30 lbs of course..
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Who let this one in here?

tumblr_mf5u7icThO1r0omby_zps67427ce5.gif

tumblr_m231e6mutY1qelujk.gif
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    One day I'll stop eating fast food and lose a 100lb's. Maybe next year :frown:
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i eat fast food and sweets all the time. if it fits calories why not.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Never been into fast food, can count the number of times I have had McD in my life on one hand, discounting the mcflurries... just not into burgers and fries, or really into pizza. Cake and peanut M&Ms are another matter entirely, however.
    If you are on, say, 2000 calories a day, maybe 2200, sure you can fit in fast food, but it would be quite difficult to also fit in more nutritious foods on top of that. The recent time I did have a burger and fries, I found it totally unfilling and wished I had just had my own meal of fish and veggies at home.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A McDouble is only $1, 390 calories and has 27 grams of protein.
  • Nehemiah_Meadows
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A: Charbroil Chicken Sandwich and a side salad with 1/2 a pack of Lite Italian and sunflower seeds= 465 Cals and boy was it yummy and filling. I didn't even finish the sandwich.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Never been into fast food, can count the number of times I have had McD in my life on one hand, discounting the mcflurries... just not into burgers and fries, or really into pizza. Cake and peanut M&Ms are another matter entirely, however.
    If you are on, say, 2000 calories a day, maybe 2200, sure you can fit in fast food, but it would be quite difficult to also fit in more nutritious foods on top of that. The recent time I did have a burger and fries, I found it totally unfilling and wished I had just had my own meal of fish and veggies at home.

Beg to differ.

Say a fast food item is 1000 calories and you are on 1600.

A salad with no meat (greens, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms..etc) - that might come out to 200-250.

Then you can throw in some whey protein (1 scoop mixed with water) - 120.

And maybe do a portobello mushroom cap (3-4 inches) with some 2% sprinkle cheese, fresh chopped spinach, olive oil, sliced roma tomatoes and parsley - maybe another 250.

So that comes out to about 1620..maybe a little less.

So...I say all good to go :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    How is pizza NOT fast food?

*kicks rocks*

You don't count the factory time to make burger buns! It goes from dough to your mouth in like 8-10 mins, and is generall ready-made by the slice if you want to eat walking down the street. In my college town there were even pizza places with walk-by service windows.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food when I'm on the go! Its calories and macros, and if they are a little off, so be it.

tumblr_mfzsaqZqQP1ru4dhlo1_500.jpg
    What a nauseating photo