I Eat Fast Food and It's Ok

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there: Skinny (slim, lean etc) does NOT mean healthy. A person slim could be skinny fat . If you live in the US (I do!) have you ever wondered why there are so many slim people with diabetes ? or just health problems in general? Oh also BTW low calorie does NOT mean healthy.

Yes, what you said. It's already been brought up about macros and staying within your recommended daily fat intake as well as carbs, fiber, sodium, etc. Staying within your calories is fine if you have a pizza, but for 40 grams of fat and all the other awful things that come with it.. yeah, you can be 'small' but you'll be rotted on the inside.
    I seldom touch fast food because it's what made me obese in the first place. I started with weight watchers, and when I found that a big mac meal was 37 points (my daily allowance was 31), I quickly realized the kind of garbage I was consuming. I feel a million times better now.
    That being said, one bad meal doesn't make you fat, kind of like how one healthy meal doesn't make you skinny. I indulge every now and then, but I would never consume that crap on a daily basis.

LOLz
    Scared of fat, eh? Sounds legit.
    I had 3/4 of a pizza and cheesecake for dinner. I eat a half pizza at least once a week.
    A) I am surely rotting on the inside.
    OR
    B) I'm actually really healthy, strong and pizza-fueled for an awesome run tomorrow.

I have low cholesterol, low blood pressure, healthy digestion, dense bones, a high LBM, lots of energy, no diabetes or insulin resistance, a high VO2max, good CV endurance, and I've been able to get off depression medication in the last year. There's even some anecdotal evidence that increasing my fat consumption has helped my underfunctioning thyroid- though I would not be so bold as to say that there's direct correlation there.

I'm leaning towards B.

ETA: I also put tons of salt on everything I eat, including pizza. You didn't mention the sodium, but I have a feeling you have problems with it, too.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    What a nauseating photo

Absolutely, I couldn't eat that.

Without ketchup.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...I have low cholesterol, low blood pressure, healthy digestion, dense bones, a high LBM, lots of energy, no diabetes or insulin resistance, a high VO2max, good CV endurance...
    When you had your last DXA scan done, did the doctor tell you that you had the "bone density of a super-athletic 30-year old"? :bigsmile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food when I'm on the go! Its calories and macros, and if they are a little off, so be it.

tumblr_mfzsaqZqQP1ru4dhlo1_500.jpg

That is absolutely disgusting.
    Agree, very disgusting.
    Agree wholeheartedly. It's missing bacon (as has already been pointed out) and a Diet Coke to go with it. It looks a little light on ketchup too. Absolutely inedible without those additions.

Oh, and maybe a couple slices of lettuce and tomato so I get my "healthy" vegetable servings in while I'm at it.

It's got onions and pickles...is that okay?
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    ...I have low cholesterol, low blood pressure, healthy digestion, dense bones, a high LBM, lots of energy, no diabetes or insulin resistance, a high VO2max, good CV endurance...
    When you had your last DXA scan done, did the doctor tell you that you had the "bone density of a super-athletic 30-year old"? :bigsmile:
    But.....I AM a super athletic 30-year old!
    (OK, super athletic *might* be an exaggeration, but if the sampling is done at my engineering firm, I'm practically an olympian! :laugh: )

Either way, for $600 I'll tell you how to be like me.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Girl said it doesn`t make her comfortable to eat. That ain`t no big thang,. Why you need to shame her for it? Frankly why is it cool to embrace garbage eating because you ate one big mac over a month and still lost some weight. But you are still obese?
    Better make sure you have your posters straight when quoting/replying. I don't think anybody using even the strictest standards could call MoreBean anywhere even remotely close to obese.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Girl said it doesn`t make her comfortable to eat. That ain`t no big thang,. Why you need to shame her for it? Frankly why is it cool to embrace garbage eating because you ate one big mac over a month and still lost some weight. But you are still obese?

Wait...what? I didn't shame anyone and I'm no longer obese. Thanks, though.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Wait...what? I didn't shame anyone and I'm no longer obese. Thanks, though.

Yeah...I didn't see any shaming... and if you are obese than I'm seriously screwed....lol.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there: Skinny (slim, lean etc) does NOT mean healthy. A person slim could be skinny fat . If you live in the US (I do!) have you ever wondered why there are so many slim people with diabetes ? or just health problems in general? Oh also BTW low calorie does NOT mean healthy.

Yes, what you said. It's already been brought up about macros and staying within your recommended daily fat intake as well as carbs, fiber, sodium, etc. Staying within your calories is fine if you have a pizza, but for 40 grams of fat and all the other awful things that come with it.. yeah, you can be 'small' but you'll be rotted on the inside.
    I seldom touch fast food because it's what made me obese in the first place. I started with weight watchers, and when I found that a big mac meal was 37 points (my daily allowance was 31), I quickly realized the kind of garbage I was consuming. I feel a million times better now.
    That being said, one bad meal doesn't make you fat, kind of like how one healthy meal doesn't make you skinny. I indulge every now and then, but I would never consume that crap on a daily basis.

LOLz
    Scared of fat, eh? Sounds legit.
    I had 3/4 of a pizza and cheesecake for dinner. I eat a half pizza at least once a week.
    A) I am surely rotting on the inside.
    OR
    B) I'm actually really healthy, strong and pizza-fueled for an awesome run tomorrow.

I have low cholesterol, low blood pressure, healthy digestion, dense bones, a high LBM, lots of energy, no diabetes or insulin resistance, a high VO2max, good CV endurance, and I've been able to get off depression medication in the last year. There's even some anecdotal evidence that increasing my fat consumption has helped my underfunctioning thyroid- though I would not be so bold as to say that there's direct correlation there.

I'm leaning towards B.

ETA: I also put tons of salt on everything I eat, including pizza. You didn't mention the sodium, but I have a feeling you have problems with it, too.

What the bloody hell are you talking about.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Can we please stay on topic here?

Chicken nuggets.... my favorite are Wendy's. Least favorite are McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. They are so nasty I didn't even eat them when I was a fat and careless.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

What awful things? - please expand. How exactly does it make you rot on the inside? Do you have anything further to add to explain or is this just hyperbole?

You can even call me obese as well if you want to while you explain.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Chicken nuggets.... my favorite are Wendy's. Least favorite are McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. They are so nasty I didn't even eat them when I was a fat and careless.

YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

Do you even lift?
  • taso42
    Options

Do you even lift?

I used to... back around yesterday. And I plan to again some day, like tomorrow. But today, not so much :)
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i think it's a waste of cals.... way too much fat and sodium usually, enough for the whole day and certainly not a food packed with nutrients.... but who cares? lol. You do what you wan and I'll do what I want. Its all about intake and output of calories.... as long as you're losing weight and it works for you, good for you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Do you even lift?

I used to... back around yesterday. And I plan to again some day, like tomorrow. But today, not so much :)

Gotta hate those rest days.

BTW - was it concluded whether pizza was a fast food or not?
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was craving something greasy and carb filled a while ago, so I picked up some KFC. Not sure if my tastes have changed that much or what, but it was awful!! I couldn't even finish one piece of chicken, or the fries and gravy . . . what a waste! Gonna have to stick to the burgers and fries when the need strikes . . . . :)
  • PikaKnight
    Options

What awful things? - please expand. How exactly does it make you rot on the inside? Do you have anything further to add to explain or is this just hyperbole?

You can even call me obese as well if you want to while you explain.

Sorry..I just wanted to take this moment to say that "junk food eaters" aren't the only ones that will go in a food thread to throw in their point of view.

I know this may sound confusing, but I've found during my time that those that state they eat "junk food/fast food" in moderation end up getting fingers wagged for voicing their opinion in threads whose main discussion is about getting rid of fast food and are told to basically get out of the thread since it didn't relate to them.

So..don't mind me..just having a..."oooohhhhh..heeeyyyy...." moment.

Please feel free to return to your nuggets. :D
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    i think it's a waste of cals.... way too much fat and sodium usually, enough for the whole day and certainly not a food packed with nutrients.... but who cares? lol. You do what you wan and I'll do what I want. Its all about intake and output of calories.... as long as you're losing weight and it works for you, good for you.

Edited: Sorry misread...ugh..I need sleep

Sometimes I don't mind the sodium at all. these are the days where I end up drinking a lot of water. One of my biggest fears is over-hydrating so me watching my sodium isn't necessarily going to be about keeping it really low.

Also...I have a lot of trouble meeting my protein needs. I've recently added a whey protein supplement to my diet..but man, the 25g of protein a big mac packs would be most welcome..lol.

But as others have continued to say - all in moderation. Picking what moderation means to you is an individual thing/preference. Finding what works is key.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Might it just possibly have something to do with the fact that a symptom of diabetes is unexpected, dramatic weight loss? The vast majority of diabetics are thin, it's got nothing to do with obesity. Obesity is just one of many potential risk factors for Type 2 Diabetes. There are many other risk factors for it (mostly genetic) and obesity has absolutely nothing to do with Type 1 Diabetes. "Skinny fat" is actually a rather rare condition caused by starvation dieting, not by eating fast food.
  • taso42
    Options

Do you even lift?

Gotta hate those rest days.

BTW - was it concluded whether pizza was a fast food or not?

I could sort of argue either way on this. In my heart I feel that it isn't, but I can't really articulate it, especially at this hour... I am bleary-eyed after the forum-binge I went on tonight.