I Eat Fast Food and It's Ok

Options

Replies

• TOPSrainee
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear reasonable people on here! I eat fast food, but I try to make sure it has some redeeming nutritional value. For example, I often get a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo... around 300 calories and plenty of protein. Yet when I talk about food like that, people still respond with, "You need to change your diet to eat homemade and non-processed foods if you're going to lose weight." No matter what you eat, even if you make healthy choices, so many people jump down your throat if you say you eat fast or frozen food... they don't care what it is. I lost 50 pounds before still eating fast food fairly regularly. I may have lost more or lost it faster if I had eaten more home-cooked meals instead of the fast food, but it's just not realistic for me. What works for one person may not work for another. I think you should find what works for you and not be so judgmental of others' choices.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Eating fast food for most of your meals is literally going to kill you from the inside out.

What you eat does not determine when you die.

It absolutely contributes to how long you will live. The number one thing kill American's today, Obesity.

That would relate to how much you eat.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Fast food causes obesity just like drinking water causes an electrolyte imbalance.

For some reason I have yet to fathom, it is OK to tell someone to drink gallons (an unspecified multiple of 8 pints?) or tons (an unspecified multiple of 907 litres?) of water, but telling them to eat 100 burgers or steaks is really bad advice because "eating that much fast food will kill you".

I no longer have a large takeaway delivered 3-4 times a week as my only meal of the day. It's very rare I order takeaways now.

Fast food is worked in when I crave it, or need it.

"When I visit London I typically burn 4,500-5,500 calories in a day" - yesterday I burned approximately 4,502 calories. Had 4 slices of toast with butter and Marmite before I left, had "bad food" including a Magnum, Big Mac, and Footlong, got home, plugged my Ki Fit in, charged my phone as it died in the morning, slept for 3 hours, logged all my food for the day, and... it is now almost 5am and I still need to fit a ~600 kcal meal in.

I suppose I could finish off my Toblerone, but that chicken breast in tomato and basil sauce ready meal is what I want to eat instead.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    What a nauseating photo

Absolutely, I couldn't eat that.

Without ketchup.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What a nauseating photo

Absolutely, I couldn't eat that.

Without ketchup.

It's got ketchup on the layers. Just look a little closer :D
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    MOAR PIZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAA!
    33pavde.jpg

What a lovely picture.

I have Papa John's for dinner, and I am sitting here at 22% body fat. I guess that means I just went up to 26% magically, huh?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food when I'm on the go! Its calories and macros, and if they are a little off, so be it.

tumblr_mfzsaqZqQP1ru4dhlo1_500.jpg
    What a nauseating photo

It is VERY nauseating!!! How *DARE* they ruin such a meal with than ONION in the middle??? :tongue:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Taso,

Look brother I respect you and you're in good shape and all, but to come in here and encourage people to kill themselves on toxic chemicals that virtually have ZERO nutrition is basically doing everyone a disservice. I mean, there is no nutrition in a burger and fries I hear from my cousin that they put moose hooves in the milkshake machine to kick-start it. Also, I read on this website from Dr. OzCola that they add aspartame to the bun and it will cause problems with your prostate, your liver, and then also you'll ferment from the inside out.

I've attached some research I found on pubmed that should adequately explain in a graph why you should really stop pressuring us into fast food. We are all different. What works for you may not work for me.

Also, I am a wizard. Please see below.

2hs2gj6.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    It absolutely contributes to how long you will live. The number one thing kill American's today, Obesity.
    Actually that would be heart disease and you DON'T have to be obese to have it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    That is not a very good graph at all. The electric green color clashes with the white background. That alone is enough to discredit it.

But I have to admit, your point about the bun does make me think. I might opt to skip the bun from now on. Besides, I am pretty sure the bun is where the carbs are, and believe you me, I'm not trying to get fat over here, so they can keep their damn carbs,

Derp,
    Tasoherp
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food when I'm on the go! Its calories and macros, and if they are a little off, so be it.

What a nauseating photo

agreed. there is no bacon.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    McD's and Taco Bell both once a week.......................and a great workout to help utilize calories= Okay

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I get really sick if I eat at McDonalds or any similar place.
    Smashburger on the other hand....or Red Robin....I could eat at those places daily (but I won't!)
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

What a nauseating photo

agreed. there is no bacon.

^^gotta have bacon..geezums.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Taso,

Look brother I respect you and you're in good shape and all, but to come in here and encourage people to kill themselves on toxic chemicals that virtually have ZERO nutrition is basically doing everyone a disservice. I mean, there is no nutrition in a burger and fries I hear from my cousin that they put moose hooves in the milkshake machine to kick-start it. Also, I read on this website from Dr. OzCola that they add aspartame to the bun and it will cause problems with your prostate, your liver, and then also you'll ferment from the inside out.

I've attached some research I found on pubmed that should adequately explain in a graph why you should really stop pressuring us into fast food. We are all different. What works for you may not work for me.

Also, I am a wizard. Please see below.

2hs2gj6.png

9fx7fv.jpg
  • velvetboxed
    Options
    Absolutely love this thread! Makes me feel tons better about having fast food. <3
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know some people think you're doing a disservice to people trying to lose weight by telling them this, but in all seriousness it really makes me feel better and more optomistic about living a healthier lifestyle. When we label certain foods as "good' and "bad,' we imply that eating certain things make us "good" and other things make us "bad." Instead of talking about moderation, we use what we eat as a way to judge others (I can't IMAGINE how anyone could eat that...) It really contributes to cycles of binge eating that so many of us who still struggle with our weight fall into. Food is fuel for our bodies - as long as we're mostly getting the fuel that we need, eating a hamburger or a piece of cake will not kill us. :)

Not to get all serious. :)
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm on 850 - 950 calories a day and I can fit fast food in if I want it, without sacrificing my other meals. Just don't have the gargantuan portions .
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit = weight loss... Whether it is garbage or good food. That being said, there are choices that are not too bad and at least there is a consistency you will find with most fast food dining. I don't count fast food dining as necessarily bad... Subway has many good options and the chicken sandwich @ Wendy's and McDonalds really are not that bad either... They do butter their chicken though... especially on the chicken salad (I know a fitness trainer who works @ McDonalds who told me to avoid the chicken salad there because of that...) I think there are a lot of reasonable choices most anywhere we choose or have to eat... There is good and bad just about anywhere.