any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have a MFP friend who is 85 years old and just lost 40 lbs here. I'm 60 and have lost 33 lbs with MFP. I love this site! Maybe I'll post pics one of these days :)
  • Allegra_Williams
    Options
    Joanneweightloss_zpsa2d88d2d.jpg
    Hi Mel!
    I'm Joanne (55). I've yoyo-ed with the same 60 lbs most of my adult life.
    The picture on the left was taken 7 years ago.
    I'm now 40 pounds less, and altho I have wrinkles and flabby skin, I "feel" stronger and more "alive" than any other time in my life!
    I may not look great on the outside, but maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle is worth so much more.
    Blessings on your journey!
    Jo

Now now! Wrinkles do not mean you aren't beautiful! Everyone gets them eventually. Beauty is something that glows from the inside. You can't paint it on, it has to shine out of your eyes and your smile. You are beautiful, and you need to see that!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

Untitled.jpg

You do not look 46 AT ALL! Wow.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    wow! congrats to all of you! you guys look fabulous! I'm emailing this thread to my mom, who's 57! I think it will really motivate her!
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    I am 66 years old (67 in three months)I am 5'2" tall. My first picture is 136 pounds, BF% 27. The second picure I weigh 128.5 and was BF% 26.1. I have not taken this type of picture since November. I am in a challenge right now that will end Feb. 14..I plan to do pictures at that time. I kept measuring though every month and I have lost a total of 16 inches. My BF% now is 25.9. I would like to get down to 124 pounds and 22%BF.

How do you add the pictures to a post? Someone tell me and I will post them!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics...but I am 59 and doing pretty well, I think! Eating better, working out, feeling great, and gone from a size 22-24 to 14s that are getting a little loose!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and 5' 10". I've lost 66 pounds so far. I feel great! Started at a size 18/20 and my goal was a 14. I'm now in a 12 and even they are getting a little loose! I'm about 10-18 pounds from goal. I'd post pics but I was really good at making sure I was on the other side of the camera a year ago. I did find a video that my son was taking of the dog and scanned by me a couple of times and WOW!! What a whale I was just a year ago!:noway:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
  • nana6799
    Options
    I think I figured out how to add my picture. You can see the dates on the pictures. I will do new pictures Feb.14. Since Sept. I have lost a total of 16 inches .

35c3gox.jpg
  • nana6799
    Options
    OOPS too enlarged! I am learning! I will be right back!
  • nana6799
    Options
    Hope this is correct this time. Thank you for your patience!

35c3gox.jpg
  • nana6799
    Options
    Well, wish I could delete those pictures!! How do I do this? I used tinypic.com. How do I reduce the picture so they both show up here and not huge!
  • coyour6
    Options
    Wow! All you women are an insperation! I am just starting this journey by joining a weight lost challenge. I hope to be as successfull as many as you have been!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Every one of you that posted pics are an inspiration. Well done! I agree with the gentleman that said you are all bringing back sexy. :-)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, all you lovely ladies ...... you are awesome ..... never doubt it for a moment !

I'm 61 ........ four years ago I weighed 195# .......

TaraRichMaryAnn.png

Now I'm about 150# .......

MaryAnnRichie2011.png

Still chipping away ...... and having a blast !

Happy losing !
  • eyano001
    eyano001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! There is nothing like feeling healthy and energetic. Love the before and after picts. :flowerforyou:
  • danamlh
    Options
    So glad to see this post!! 2nd week on MFP and down 4 lbs I am 55 and need to lose 30 lbs All of you ladies look amazing.... very motivating!!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm 50....soon to be 51. I lost about 22 lbs (I'm 5' 4'') so I think it's made a lot of difference losing it. I feel much better, it might take longer to 'tone up' flabby bits, but it's worth it!
    newme.jpg

You look fantastic!!
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    THIS is a GREAT thread!! I'll be 50 next month and all you women are an inspiration!! There were times when I thought I was to old to lose the weight. This thread proves me wrong. Thanks. Feel free to send a friend request. Would love friends close to my age.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!