any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hello all, you have made my afternoon. Really enjoyed reading all the posts. Thought I'd add my twopenneth and say;
    I am 50, lost 3 stone over a couple of years which I am trying hard to keep off after a dodgy Christmas.
    My profile contains a before and after. Though you may need to turn me sideways!
    Keep up the good work.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    You ladies are hot!
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Joanneg572 You look great on the outside!!!!!!
  • Daynasanderson
    Daynasanderson Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB AND LOOKING GREAT
  • lkeverett1
    lkeverett1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You all are so inspiring and everyone looks so much younger!!! I am 5'4" and weigh 172 pounds. I will be 50 on October 28th. My goal is to lose 40 pounds by my 50th birthday (sooner if possible). This would mean losing 5 pounds per month to obtain my goal!! I think even I can do that much!! And if I lose it before my birthday, or if I can lose a little more than that, then whoo-hoo for me! Maybe at the end of October I will have my own pictures to post. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BUMPING BIG TIME!!! I MUST read all of these!
  • fire34116
    fire34116 Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow!! I've only read a small part of of this topic..... I'm so inspired!!!! I want to become support friends with everyone!!!
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40lbs so far. 52 this year. I had started prior to joining here. I find this REALLY helps and I have a fitbit tracker which I LOVE. Truly motivates me to get my butt in gear.
    I am eating more wisely (most of the time!) and walking , exercising more. I walk A LOT in the good weather!
    Being over 50 its certainly harder but not impossible!

GO GET EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gr8tweets1
    Options
    Joanneweightloss_zpsa2d88d2d.jpg
    Hi Mel!
    I'm Joanne (55). I've yoyo-ed with the same 60 lbs most of my adult life.
    The picture on the left was taken 7 years ago.
    I'm now 40 pounds less, and altho I have wrinkles and flabby skin, I "feel" stronger and more "alive" than any other time in my life!
    I may not look great on the outside, but maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle is worth so much more.
    Blessings on your journey!
    Jo
    Joanne, you are beautiful. Your look wonderful and have the smile to go with it. Thanks for sharing!
  • MaineMama24
    Options
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

Wow! You're stunning....amazing job!
  • rosehettig
    rosehettig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!!
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Since I am way over 50 ... I'm 67 ... I guess I can share my success with you in this thread. I became serious about getting back into shape when I saw this first photo of myself. I began to walk and exercise on a regular basis. I found MFP on January 3rd. I have been going at it strong since then and have included clean eating ... for the most part ... and calorie counting to my efforts ... in addition to a lot of cardio, kettlebells, and now strength training. I do not really have a weight goal in mind. My goal is to be fit ... feel better, look better and get back into a smaller size of clothing. The first photo was prior to attending a roaring 20s party. I couldn't find anything to fit so I had to make something. I cringe when I look at this photo. The second photo was taken this past Monday, March 18, 2013. I haven't yet reached my goal size, but I know that I will sometime this year. It has been a great deal of fun and I feel sooooo much better! You can do it too! Never give up ... never accept defeat ... never let yourself get down ... no one can do this for you ... only you ... and you are the best!

2012September_zps59d994a2.jpg

photo27-Copy_zps7ab551f9.jpg
  • Carolstone1959
    Carolstone1959 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration, Ladies!
  • RieRie63
    RieRie63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am new to My Fitness Pal, but loving it. I'll be 50 in August, and finding that the weight is reallllllly sticking these days. Depressing! lol But I am getting a lot of support just from reading your posts. Looking forward to journeying with you all! :flowerforyou:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    I am 57 years young. I lost about 25 pounds and my joints are much happier. What helps me the most is walking about an hour a day.
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump....turned fifty and want to come back to read all your stories.
  • BTQJ230
    BTQJ230 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow! Cudo's to all of you! I started today. I am 53 and want to loose at least 50 lbs. All of you look awesome! Wish me luck!
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look really great & fit. I am ten years younger and working to get the muscle tone you have in your arms now
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm soon to be 46 so I'm certainly not in the YOUNG category anymore. I'm close enough. Thought I'd share. I've lost 110 pounds and have completely changed my body.

You look... incredible! congratulations!
  • pettycoatjunction
    pettycoatjunction Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    bumping for continued inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!