any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• elizner
    elizner Posts: 14
    Options
    Joanne, you look great !!!!!!!!!! Don't ever think you don't - so good that you dropped the unhealthy weight.
    ( My hometown is Edmonton :-) )
  • elizner
    elizner Posts: 14
    Options
    Joanne, you look great !!!!!!!!!! Don't ever think you don't - so good that you dropped the unhealthy weight.
    ( My hometown is Edmonton :-) )
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! You have obviously gained so much by losing the 110 lbs. Thanks for sharing your success story. It's been over 30 years since I wore shorts but seeing how great you looked in yours has given me new hope.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this thread... I must admit it was going through my mind as well... I just turned 51 and thought 'will I be able to lose the weight?'.... well, on Friday with less than a week in I'm down 5 pounds and while I know that it's often a quick jump in the beginning I feel confident I'm going to hit my goal.

Thank you to all your fabulous women for posting your pics... you ARE bringing sexy back... I can't wait until I get to add mine to the mix.

I agree with making choices you can live with and adding in the exercise. My diary is open and happy to have friends... just send me a request with a little note.

I'm active on the site (daily) which I also think will be key to my success.

Thank you ALL for the inspirational stories and pics!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

Untitled.jpg

You do not look 46 AT ALL! Wow.

Thank you :-)
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    10Weeks11-20-12_zps4b59f40c.jpg

I am 66 years old (67 in three months), just 5'2". Starting weight 136...BF% 27. Since then I have lost a total of 16 inches and I am now BF% 25.9 and weigh 127.6. My goal is 124 pounds and BF% 22. The next pictures will be taken Feb. 14 when I have completed a Group Challenge. I have measured though every month.
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    I give up on trying to post a before and after picture. This is the third time and each time the picture has enlarged from what I saw it before I posted it. Sorry people!
  • wisteri
    wisteri Posts: 14
    Options
    You all make my heart soar. Even though I'm still in my 30s I feel vey inspired by your journeys. When I turned 30 it was like someone flipped a switch and I was suddenly in a completely different body. It makes me feel hopeful to see all of you who Are making changes to your bodies and your lives despite the challenges.
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Women approaching the big 50' and those over 50' 'Rock'' when it comes to changing body shapes and their own health. It's like anything, you've just got to want it so badly that your willing to work for it. I have pics in my profile.
  • maryannecrook9
    Options
    Wow. I am truly inspired, well done you.
  • switchoff
    Options
    Hi,
    I have just joined and have been wondering about the same thing. I think we can change but it's down a different path. When we entered puberty our bodies changed whether we like it or not. When we got pregnant our bodies changed beyond our control and now that we are menopausal our body shape changes - yet again but health and fitness is something we can all aim for.
  • switchoff
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome! I am a newcomer so I have nothing to show for my efforts yet. I also want to lose a similar amount. Race you. Ready Set Go!
  • switchoff
    Options
    Hi,
    Never too old. Never too thin. And a ring ? Never too big! lol
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm having a go at posting a picture to show me at the beginning and end of last year. See if this works...

jandec2012side_zps9ad67657.png
  • DocMarr
    Options
    Oops That didn't work - I managed to get a picture but not all of it - let's see if I have managed to resize it to get them both in side by side:

jandec2012side_zps9ad67657-1_zps2e76e021.jpg
  • DocMarr
    Options
    Oops That didn't work - I managed to get a picture but not all of it - let's see if I have managed to resize it to get them both in side by side:

jandec2012side_zps9ad67657-1_zps2e76e021.jpg

There you go! I have learned a new trick - how to post a photo on the forums :) This shows the weight I lost - but although my actual weight stabilised at about 67kg about last April, I have continued to lose inches. Later in the year I bought an Aria wifi scale that links to fitbit and it shows that although my weight continues to stay the same, the ratio between my lean body mass (my muscle) and my fat continues to change. Although my weight has stayed pretty constant at 67kg the percentage of that which is fat has dropped from 40% to 31%. So don't just be bothered about weight - it's inches that are more important, I think.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Docmarr: Love the definition in your legs! You look great!
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 65 soon to be 66. I started getting serious about loosing weight in August when I enrolled in an eight week Healthy Weight for Life class at our local hospital. They recomended MFP which I joined in September and have lost 36 pounds as of last Friday. I am still a work in progress but with the help of all the great people on MFP I know I can make my goal weight
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I will be 51 next month and have lost 135 pounds. My diary is open so you can take a peek at my pics. I am almost 5' and was at 255 lbs. and a size 22. Now I am at 120 and a size 4. MFP is the best thing I have found for support as I have finished losing my weight. People here are great! So, losing IS possible as you approach middle age, it may be a bit of a challenge, but it is possible. Reach for the stars!!!
  • KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great job lhs1965 ... we are never to old to make our life better!

Katie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!