Women does your Husbands /Spouse /Boyfriend???

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I play games but can stop when I'm tired and go to bed.
    If you're ranting or gossiping about celebrities / people I have never met, I will zone out. Otherwise, I'm listening; with the exception that I tend to miss what you're saying if I'm reading something.
    If you want us to understand you, say what you mean and stop using secret-women-code.
    Most women seem clueless to me.
    I don't stop for directions because I can use a map and road signs.
    If something is new to me, I read the manual. If it's ANOTHER TV or ANOTHER toilet, I don't need to.
    I have no marks against my driver's license at all.
    Football, sex and food are more interesting than shoes, your friend's friends' BFF's new baby, celebrities, etc.
    We think about sex that often because it's a damn site more enjoyable than thinking about bills, work etc.
    Men say the dumbest things? Hmm.
    You really question whether men are from Mars? Please see above.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It's my escape away from you.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Yep my ex-husband was a major video game addict....hence that's why he's my ex...oh that and cheating ;) lol My husband now is great and doesn't get into stuff like that unless I play it w/him...He actually helps me around the house and with the kids and is a major support system for me =)
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Well my husband works for a company who makes all those dreaded video games so I would like to personally thank all those gamers out there for putting my son through college.

To the OP; I know this was supposed to be a "fun" lighthearted thread, but as women we too often ask questions we already know the answer to....men do these things because they can and we still love them.

Kelly

Lol..its still funny. You just made it funnier. Glad to have helped put your son through college. And you're right..they can, will and we still love them.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    It's my escape away from you.

Lol..
  • Levi_Hansen
    Levi_Hansen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Men hate to hear the words "we need to talk." Because there is no "we" in "we need to talk."

When a girlfriend or wife says "we need to talk," what she's really saying is "You need to listen, and what I'm going to tell you is not going to make you happy." "Need to talk" can also just mean, simply, "Shut up, here's how you screwed up."
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Men hate to hear the words "we need to talk." Because there is no "we" in "we need to talk."

When a girlfriend or wife says "we need to talk," what she's really saying is "You need to listen, and what I'm going to tell you is not going to make you happy." "Need to talk" can also just mean, simply, "Shut up, here's how you screwed up."

Omg..that's funny..Lmbo
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    I play games but can stop when I'm tired and go to bed.
    If you're ranting or gossiping about celebrities / people I have never met, I will zone out.
    If you want us to understand you, say what you mean
    Football, sex and food are more interesting than shoes, friend's friends' BFF's new baby, celebrities, etc.
    We think about sex that often because it's a damn site more enjoyable than thinking about bills, work etc.
    Men say the dumbest things? Hmm.

Bills..new babies..buffs new baby..celebrities etc..that's all me..Lol..
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

Oh so true
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just didn't get lucky?
    My boyfriend does not play video games. We have similar interests and different interests. We get along. He doesn't do 99% of the things in your post.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    My wife cured me of that years ago. I came home from work one day and the computer was gone. She put it at the bottom of the stairs in the basement with a note on it that said..."if you bring this back up stairs we're getting a divorce. We are still married...Happily I'll add, and I now balance my time better.

Aww..how sweet..today is gonna be a pretty laid back day. No work, hair cuts for him and the boys. Its raining here so no yardwork today. Him and the boys will play their game I will cook and its probably going to be a redbox later and FOOTBALL TOMORROW! Lets go Texans..or should I say Lets go Patriots! Point of my babbling is to say we are happy and balanced!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Maybe you just didn't get lucky?
    My boyfriend does not play video games. We have similar interests and different interests. We get along. He doesn't do 99% of the things in your post.

Good for you guys..
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

If it isn't important to me, I jst let him have at it. The games really are fun and I have my own hobbies.

Yes they are..I love just dance, guitar hero and Michael Jackson..
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

>>FOOTBALL, SEX, FOOD the 3 things that get your mans FULL ATTENTION??

Because men are very simple creatures. We are competitive (sports/games) and like to win. The highest expression of love and respect for a man is when his woman sexes him up. Your words don't mean anything if your actions deny that which he identifies as the paramount expression of your love and devotion. Low blood sugar means a cranky person. A full stomach spikes the blood sugar and insulin response, leaving a person in a slightly euphoric state. It comes down the simplicity of men. If we feel like MEN, and shown that our woman respects us as a MAN, and we have a full stomach, we are content. Why reject such a simple playbook for ensuring contentedness in the home? If you value the things he does, and consistently show him that, he may surprise you by reciprocating with things that you value (assuming he's not a completely useless man-child).

I call bulls**t on this explanation. Men are simple creatures? Really, it's just a euphemism used to perpetuate generalizations of men and women.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Why do women complain so much? Who knows just built into our sex.

Video games are just as ingrained into men as nagging is.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Why do women complain so much? Who knows just built into our sex.

Video games are just as ingrained into men as nagging is.

Nagging is ingrained into men? Wow that's news to me!!! :laugh:

Whenever my husband start approaching the threshold of something that will make me start nagging I look at him and say "Please do __________ because I really don't want to be a nag." Sometimes I will say it as "Please don't make turn into My aunt (who is the biggest nag in the world)"

Which is honestly true. I hate nagging is feel so.... wrong..... and he usually does what I ask and he appreciated that I don't nag or b**** at him.
  • sirabbadon
    sirabbadon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I call bulls**t on this explanation. Men are simple creatures? Really, it's just a euphemism used to perpetuate generalizations of men and women.

Since I am a man, I can, at the very least, speak for myself. Does my description generalize somewhat? Sure. For myself, I don't care one way or another about football, or any other sport. Is my generalization largely true? I believe so, and I believe most men would agree with me. However, I am willing to entertain the possibility that I am wrong, if you care elaborate beyond simple expletives so that we can have an honest discussion of the merits of the argument and not a back-and-forth match of negative emotional responses.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Since I am a man, I can, at the very least, speak for myself. Does my description generalize somewhat? Sure. For myself, I don't care one way or another about football, or any other sport. Is my generalization largely true? I believe so, and I believe most men would agree with me. However, I am willing to entertain the possibility that I am wrong, if you care elaborate beyond simple expletives so that we can have an honest discussion of the merits of the argument and not a back-and-forth match of negative emotional responses.

It's a phrase...meant not to elicit a match of "negative emotional responses," but rather, to merely illustrate my level of disagreement. Apologies for offending your delicate sensibilities.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    This whole "let him" thing is bloody annoying. Can you imagine the outcry on here if a guy posted something where he said that he "let" his spouse do something...

I agree that there are limits to what is acceptable but it is down to you as a couple to discuss those issues. Also, if a guy is like that when you met him, chances are he's going to stay the same. You probably won't change him, and when it comes to it, why should it be up to us to change our partner? As I say, there needs to be agreed limits...
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Why are our men so addicted to video games?? Ugh my husband will stay up all night watching online movies and playing video games. He will fall asleep on the sofa with the game controller in his hand and wake up EARLY IN THE DARN morning PLAYING AGAIN. What the heck!!! Why?? Why?? Why??...and Omg if I ask something I'm totally ignored unless its "Honey are you hungry"

Why what I say to him alway differs from what he hears??
    Why do men always seem CLUELESS?
    Why when we are lost (say for instance traveling) Men never want to stop for directions?? We ride around for hours LOST!!
    Is it just my man or ALL MEN feel like they can fix anything without reading a manual /blueprint/directions??
    Why do men think they DRIVE better than WOMEN?? I drive just fine 1 ticket no seatbelt. Now my hubby LOL..let's just say his license has lots of points..lol

Have you ever said "honey we need to talk" and your man looks like he is terrified. Lol Why?? Lol
    Do you talk and your man just stares with a dumb look on his face??? Clueless ..Omg Why??
    FOOTBALL, SEX, FOOD the 3 things that get your mans FULL ATTENTION??
    My pastor said statistics say Men think about SEX every 14sec...Omg Why??
    Kids say the darnest things..Why do men sometimes say the Dumbest things?
    Are Men really from Mars??
    I could go on and on with the why?why?why?
    Even with all the Whys? My man is still handsome, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, understanding, hardworking provider, protector, dad..that LOVES HIS FAMILY UNCONDITIONALLY.
    Feel free to ask your WHYs or Answer some..and feel free to add me Good Day
    This seems like the ideal bf...what is your problem :P