Annoying/ Embarassing Weight Loss Stories

Options
mjrkearney
mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
So I was walking through the airport the other morning and I noticed this odd sensation that I hadn't felt since childhood. Nothing I could do about it until I got through security, so for the first time ever I went through the full-body scanner (which now shows nothing but an avatar) and bypassed the usual pat-down (which now includes a panty check?). Gathered my stuff and toddled off to the nearest ladies' room.

My butt was so much smaller that my underwear had fallen down and puddled in my pants. So much for "stay-put features".

Also, have lost my wedding ring from random slippage, and I need to replace my collection of $45 bras that are two sizes too big.

Anybody else have aggravating little "successes"?

Replies

• beatlebomb
    Options
    Nice!!!!! May be embarassing but NICE!!!!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the underwear story. Everything is baggy. And my new skinny jeans have to be cinched up with a belt. A great problem to have.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    HA! I've had that happen to me! All I could think was thank God I didn't have a skirt on!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    annoying not embarrassing ...I went and bought two pairs on new skinny jeans (hate buying jeans when I feel fat, but I'd lost weight) ...two weeks later the only trousers I have (the new jeans) are a size too big and look like straight legs and baggy...can't tuck them into the new cow girl boots (bought just for these jeans!!)
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Not to long ago I lost my panties as well....Praise God I was at home and in blue jeans! As for my bras.....well it is kind of a funny feeling to have the "ladies" swim in the cups! LOL Never in my life have I had that problem! LOL Blessings in disguise!!
  • louisvillejg
    louisvillejg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My damn wedding ring is retired for now.

I almost lost it twenty or so times. And everytime I would totally freak out.

The last time I did was in October. Family went on a vacation- drove from Kentucky to S Carolina. Somewhere during the 8th hour, I realize I no longer wearing my rings!

We drove back (our car plus the two following us) an hour to the last gas station we went to. I went in the bathroom and dug in the freaking garbage can. GROSS AS HELL!

Crying by this time, I walked back out to the parking lot. It was at this moment my husbands Aunt chimes in with - "Have you checked the back seat of the car?" I have two toddlers, and was reaching into the back where the food bags were constantly to gt graham crackers, poptarts, etc.

Sooooooooo, she and I searched around, and it was IN THE FREAKING FOOD BAG.

So, ring is retired.
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I got ready to go out on a walk and my shorts made it down the stairs before I did. :blushing: Thank goodness I hadn't left the house yet.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Two things come to mind.
    1. I have non-adjustable stepper machine. The lighter I get, the harder I have to work. NOT FAIR!

2. Alcohol. Now that I am smaller, my tolerance has gone down. I have gotten looped a few times when before I might have a slight buzz.:embarassed:
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Haha! I knew that I'd have to buy new clothes once I lost enough weight, but I totally didn't think about the undies until they were riding down!!

Along the same lines I wore a pair of yoga type pants (that I hadn't worn in a while - needed to do laundry!!) for a run and spent more time and effort trying to keep them from falling down than actually focusing on my running!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Bought a new business suit last August and had it altered. Now it is falling off and I can't wear it. Poorly fit business attire is the worst. I look like a damn hobo.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My boobs are losing weight unevenly, so even with wildly differently adjusted bra straps, I still have to worry about coming off like a Rorschach painting.
  • d8fsr0
    d8fsr0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like these are problems that I would like to have!!!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have some lovely business suits from Hobbs and Jigsaw, shame that they are a UK 16 and I am now a UK 12.

I totally identify with the bra issue, I have spent a small fortune on underwear in the last 18 months.

My hair has gone straight (ish), don't get that one.

My feet are a size smaller and I have a large collection of shoes.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't have any embarrassing stories as such, but having lost 39lb none of my clothes fit me any more. I look like an explosion at a jumble sale. My winter parka coat hangs off my shoulders and all my leggings & skinny jeans are baggy at the crotch. Worst thing is, I can't afford to buy any new clothes yet with it being so soon after Christmas! Bad times :(
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I don't have any embarrassing stories as such, but having lost 39lb none of my clothes fit me any more. I look like an explosion at a jumble sale. My winter parka coat hangs off my shoulders and all my leggings & skinny jeans are baggy at the crotch. Worst thing is, I can't afford to buy any new clothes yet with it being so soon after Christmas! Bad times :(

you can find really cheap clothes at thrift stores or salvation army.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Two things come to mind.
    1. I have non-adjustable stepper machine. The lighter I get, the harder I have to work. NOT FAIR!

2. Alcohol. Now that I am smaller, my tolerance has gone down. I have gotten looped a few times when before I might have a slight buzz.:embarassed:

But just think of the money you will save
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Bought a new business suit last August and had it altered. Now it is falling off and I can't wear it. Poorly fit business attire is the worst. I look like a damn hobo.

Yes!!! I put on my suits and dresses---- all Tahari, which were NOT cheap, and they all look horrid.

I put them on and asked by hubs if I look like I am wearing a potato sack, and yep.... it does.

I have to go get all of them altered.... an entire professional wardrobe.

Oh, and my feet shrunk a half size so my pumps are all too big!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have some lovely business suits from Hobbs and Jigsaw, shame that they are a UK 16 and I am now a UK 12.

I totally identify with the bra issue, I have spent a small fortune on underwear in the last 18 months.

My hair has gone straight (ish), don't get that one.

My feet are a size smaller and I have a large collection of shoes.

You can get inserts for a lot of shoes to make them fit. I have a wall of shoes.....I loves them!
  • ShaeLovelyy
    Options
    you know surprisingly with the 30 pound loss i had, my underwear never slipped off..my butt is always pretty pleasant haha just maybe my buttcheeks dont hang out of my underwear..now they fit perfectly..but one bad part of weight loss was i was carrying all my bags and such from grocery shopping into my college dorm room..i could hardly open the door and my pants are slowly falling down..when i make it into the main door and the hallway im basically walking in a full split trying to keep my pants up..the friendly security guard had to come help me! hhahaha
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have that problem with everything now. I feel like I am constantly digging in my pants to pull my underwear up. That is pretty embarrassing at work. I just went out and bought new bras because I could fit my entire fist in the cup WITH my boob. That is insane. I went from a 42F to a 40DD.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!