Annoying/ Embarassing Weight Loss Stories

Options

Replies

• Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold now. Like freezing. I call my hands "vampire hands" because my fingers are always ice cold (and people keep asking me if I'm okay because of it, lol). My standard bedtime attire since November has been one of those athletic microfleece jackets over a longsleeve t-shirt, microfleece pajama pants tucked into doubled up socks and then at least 4 blankets on top of that. Sexy : /

I also have this beautiful sapphire ring that is so loose I'm afraid of losing it but I also don't want to stop wearing it so I've got to figure that out.

Clothing is so frustrating. I'm afraid of buying new clothing because I don't want to "waste" money on things that I know I won't wear very long and I've never been able to find all of those fantastic things that other people do at thrift stores!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was in VPS and apparently now they check the waistband of both your pants and underwear if you have any. They also informed me that my fly was down, but that was unrelated. Of all things, my pants felt just as baggy.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just spent $60 on new jeans and a bra...

I like losing weight but not spending money lol. Although I am happy to have a new pair of skinny jeans.
  • mjrkearney
    Options
    and bypassed the usual pat-down (which now includes a panty check?). . .
    Wait. What? You mean they check to see if I'm wearing my underwear? Because if it was Friday, it was probably no-panties friday and THEY would be embarassed. Especially in the midwest where I flew from.

ha! So, anyway, there I was, no lie.

Yeah, I was in VPS and apparently now they check the waistband of both your pants and underwear if you have any. They also informed me that my fly was down, but that was unrelated. Of all things, my pants felt just as baggy.
  • mjrkearney
    Options
    Sorry, apparently can't delete posts.
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can relate, had 2 wardrobe malfunctions in the past 2 weeks. Today the boys slipped outside the old stretched out briefs and then got pinched when I sat down. Last week they slipped out in yoga and I realized I had a problem when I saw myself in the mirror doing bridge pose in my baggy shorts. I don't think anyone else saw.

I just bought two boxes of MEDIUM briefs and got 3 pairs of MEDIUM shorts for Xmas. I just gotta throw away my larges but I am so cheep. Yes, these are the problems to have.
  • TIARAR247
    TIARAR247 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would like to start having these problems also. My day is coming.
  • jamantha
    jamantha Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Few years back (when I had lost loads of weight, but before I put most of back on again, so here I am again...!) was on a work visit where we needed our passports for security/identification. At the point we had to show them, mine got stuck in my trouser pocket. So my (elderly) boss was watching me, making sure I had it and got security clearance OK, and as I dug deeper into the pocket to try to pull the passport out, I realised that what I was actually doing was pushing my now-too-big trousers further and further down my leg and I was giving the old man a flash of my hip/bum!! Thankfully he was a real sweetie and discreetly looked the other way as he realised what was happening. And thankfully my other colleagues were ahead of me and it was dark, so nobody else saw :blushing:
  • Zommbunny
    Options
    My boobs are losing weight unevenly, so even with wildly differently adjusted bra straps, I still have to worry about coming off like a Rorschach painting.

LOLZ
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Def. Wearing jeans I thought were only slightly too big and havinv them fall down while I was walking through the grocery store.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Bras, bras, BRAS! I've gone from a 36D to a 30DDD/DDDD (depending on the brand). This wouldn't be a big issue, except I do ballet, so those suckers need to be immobile. Also, I got some lovely new bras from Victoria's Secret for Christmas/my birthday... In a 32DD. Sigh...
  • Aoife_Eile
    Aoife_Eile Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Was in a pub in Dublin last year, had a few mojitos and was particularly merry. But I digress. One of my rings went flying across the room, having become way too bit.
  • Aoife_Eile
    Aoife_Eile Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Was in a pub in Dublin last year, had a few mojitos and was particularly merry. But I digress. One of my rings went flying across the room, having become way too bit. My friend then commissioned everyone sitting nearby to help find it. Found it, thankfully, but can't go back to that pub again..

On top of that there's pants getting too big, and one occassion in school ( lost about a stone in school year ago, gained it all back over the summer), that I started tripping over my skirt because it had gotten so loose and was trailing on the floor. Could have been worse though...
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    My favorite...started out wearing a tight 18 and I now have a skirt, size 12, that I can pull off without unbuttoning! I haven't been this small since I was 18 years old! I love wearing the skirt because it makes me feel super skinny!! hahaha!! I also love buying and wearing size 8's comfortably!! :)
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Was glad in a way to hear about being cold. Thought it was just me!! My hands and toes are always cold!
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I remembered my last big weight loss (I put it all back on while finishing school). As I got bigger, I'd only buy one pair of pants etc but I kept all my other stuff knowing one day I'd get back into them. I have a special rubbermaid storage container with my old clothes and they're layered in sizes from largest to smallest. I can't wait to be able to open it and start working through the piles. :)

And, yes, I have bras in there too. LOL
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My wedding rings have gone from my left ring fnger, to my right ring finger, to my left middle finger to my right middle finger. My thumbs for some reason are as skinny as my pinky so my index finger has to lose some weight or they will go ina box.

My tank tops are no longer appropriate to wear. They look like muscle shirts now.

My embarassing moment was when I was standing in my bra and underwear and raised my hands up in the air. I forget why at the moment but, my bra was then a necklace! oops :( I have one bra from two years ago that I was able to find. I think my original plan of not buying any clothes until I reach my goal weight has to be tweeked.
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I remembered my last big weight loss (I put it all back on while finishing school). As I got bigger, I'd only buy one pair of pants etc but I kept all my other stuff knowing one day I'd get back into them. I have a special rubbermaid storage container with my old clothes and they're layered in sizes from largest to smallest. I can't wait to be able to open it and start working through the piles. :)

And, yes, I have bras in there too. LOL

That's more or less where I'm at. I only have one bra, one pair of jeans, etc. Wear them til they die. Not like anyone can tell - jeans all look the same to me. I do have a full compliment of size 12 jeans, though. I'm currently a tight 16, so I actually have a stock for when I get down to that size. Hopefully I can get some use for them before they get too big.
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    My bras are too big (I dont want to buy more just yet as they cost a small fortune), my boobs are lost in my bras! Also, I was in a spin class when my wedding rings flew off, thankfully I found them but cant wear them anymore. I can have them adjusted either as it would have to be cut down too many sizes! I am hoping that hubby will be replacing them for our 10yr wedding anniversary in July :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Yup, Bras had to be replaced twice! And all my jeans and business suits.. I joined Project 333 to keep it real...now I only have a much smaller wardrobe but everything in it fits and makes me feel beautiful.

I had my ring resized after I hit goal, but during the winter my hands shrink.. so I went to claire's got ring snuggles... $7.50 US... little snippets of clear plastic tube that slip over your ring and keep it snug. They work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!