Annoying/ Embarassing Weight Loss Stories

Options

Replies

• princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't have any embarrassing stories as such, but having lost 39lb none of my clothes fit me any more. I look like an explosion at a jumble sale. My winter parka coat hangs off my shoulders and all my leggings & skinny jeans are baggy at the crotch. Worst thing is, I can't afford to buy any new clothes yet with it being so soon after Christmas! Bad times :(

you can find really cheap clothes at thrift stores or salvation army.

Thanks :) I'm going to look on eBay as well. I don't mind buying second-hand for now because hopefully I won't be in them for long before I get to the next size down :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    1.. Had my swimsuit bottoms fall off, down to my knees in the lake, luckily I was able to pull them up. It didn't seem like they were that big when I put them on!

2. I met up with a new friend I met while camping, to go for a hike. I had been tucking my phone into my bra all summer with no problem, so I did it again that day. We took probably ten steps and my phone fell straight through my now too big bra to my stomach and I had to reach up under my jacket to retrieve it. Of course it had to happen with a new friend and not an old one. I was a bit embarrassed when she gave me this 'what on earth are you doing' look, as I put my hand up my shirt, but she didn't care, since she's losing weight also and understands. :)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I often don't wear underwear anymore for this reason... haha

And one time my pants were a little loose as well...

I'm sure you can finish the story haha. Luckily only 1-2 people saw BC it was during classes so not many people were in the hallway lol
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really paid any attention to my shorts being bigger till I was driving a customers car and they have a stick shift and I'm shoving in the clutch and my shorts are falling further down my butt...sounds like many of us have the loose undies problem.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem as you all. My underpants are so freaking big on me....l'm just glad I always wear jeans. Except for when I need to wear a business suit. I also had my altered but it is huge on me again and yes -- i look like a hobo.

And my wedding ring which I LOVE is retired right now. But I sent it back to be resized. Crossing my fingers I won't need to get it resized again later when I'm done losing.

And my embarassing story is that I live in wet rainy Seattle and I'm going through jeans sizes so fast that I only have ONE pair of jeans right now that fits. But its so baggy that the cuffs drag and get all wet and muddy. But I have to wear it every day anyway because I don't have anything else that fits. Eek.

I'm home sick today. I think it's time to order new undies and jeans over the internet....
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    HA I always end up finally buying a strapless bra after debating for a couple weeks on doing so then a week later after I buy one it no longer fits because it's too big. X.X NOT cool. It seems all my fat lately is coming from the 2 areas I want to stay, my boobs, and my *kitten*!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I don't have any embarrassing stories as such, but having lost 39lb none of my clothes fit me any more. I look like an explosion at a jumble sale. My winter parka coat hangs off my shoulders and all my leggings & skinny jeans are baggy at the crotch. Worst thing is, I can't afford to buy any new clothes yet with it being so soon after Christmas! Bad times :(

you can find really cheap clothes at thrift stores or salvation army.

Thanks :) I'm going to look on eBay as well. I don't mind buying second-hand for now because hopefully I won't be in them for long before I get to the next size down :)

That's the best way to do it if you're still losing. :smile:
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I notice I get drunk really easily, which is beneficial since I can spend less on alcohol now!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Always cold now! I wear so many clothes my coworkers think im sick! I have actually had people I work with express concern about me since I am so "cold" all the time. Told them its very normal to be cold if you drop 60lbs in a year :)!

Lost a full size in shoes and have only 2 pairs that fit me!

Wedding ring hasnt fit me in over a year and falls off.

All the clothes I have are baggy and 1-2 sizes to big. I have 1 pair of jeans that fit me correctly and they are starting to sag! It seems the last 30 Lbs I need to lose is on my hips/butt/legs area (im petite) even 2 lbs loss is dramatic and clothes start to sag/fall off after a little loss.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yes, my wedding ring is on it's last ...finger.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    A couple of months ago I was running across the street to my mailbox and my workout pants which had become too big fell down in the middle of the street. It was mortifying but luckily none of my neighbors were outside at the time. Lol.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    LOL - I wore a pair of tights to work the other day - and walking to work I realised I was in BIG trouble - they kept slipping down - just about to my knees - I had to stop every 90 seconds and jack them up again!! If I had not done that they would have ended in a puddle around my ankles....

By lunch time I walked to Smith & Caugheys and bought a very expensive $25 pair of tights as I just could not walk around pulling them up the whole time
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    So I was walking through the airport the other morning and I noticed this odd sensation that I hadn't felt since childhood. Nothing I could do about it until I got through security, so for the first time ever I went through the full-body scanner (which now shows nothing but an avatar) and bypassed the usual pat-down (which now includes a panty check?). Gathered my stuff and toddled off to the nearest ladies' room.

My butt was so much smaller that my underwear had fallen down and puddled in my pants. So much for "stay-put features".

Also, have lost my wedding ring from random slippage, and I need to replace my collection of $45 bras that are two sizes too big.

Anybody else have aggravating little "successes"?

This is off the subject but you mentioned it so I just wanted to share my view on the panty search. I use to live in USA for most of my life years and was born there.

I am an expat now because I married a European and relocated to Europe forever. I have not been back to the States for over 10 yrs and when I read the TSA now searches a woman's panties!

OMGOSH I will never return to USA after I read that! To have a stranger do this is unthinkable! I am shocked Americans have allowed this and not protested or boycott the airlines. The radiation is proving not to be safe levels it is a scatter radiation so those body scanners are not safe in my opinion and that of other Doctors I have read

. I read in drudgereport.com there are many lawsuits against the TSA for safety and privacy issues. I am grateful NZ and the European Airlines do not do embarrass their customers like this.

The only thing I miss about USA is the food I became accustomed to.
    I also identify with the ring slippage my wedding ring is also looser now. I do not complain it is proof what I am doing is working.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This is why I buy cheap panties at Target.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Also, have lost my wedding ring from random slippage, and I need to replace my collection of $45 bras that are two sizes too big.

Anybody else have aggravating little "successes"?

totally relate on this one! I just spent $350 on bras!!! Went from a 42 to a 38!

I have a few, but I remember this one. First time I lost all my weight back in 2004, I was going on a first date and realized all I had were "granny panties". My underwear was too big! So, I had to go commando and felt weird the entire night. I never told my date. That would of gotten WAY weird. lol! We're still friends today and he doesn't know about that little tid bit.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    and bypassed the usual pat-down (which now includes a panty check?). . .
    Wait. What? You mean they check to see if I'm wearing my underwear? Because if it was Friday, it was probably no-panties friday and THEY would be embarassed. Especially in the midwest where I flew from.

ha! So, anyway, there I was, no lie.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I ripped the butt out of my shorts in Zumba class 3 days ago. I put my jeans back on and finished out class. So much harder to workout in jeans! I was so embarrassed.....:embarassed:
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Have not had panty problems but have had pants problems. The girls were always laughing at me because I was constantly hiking my britches up!! I finally found some new jeans on clearance (from a size 26 to a size 18-20). Right now my biggest problem are my pj's. The bottoms are so big that I wake up with them down around my knees! Oh - and yes, I am ALWAYS cold!!!
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bunch of "new" (thrift store buys) clothes to take with me for my job in London. I started 30 day shred 10 days ago, and they're already falling off =/

It's good, but really wallet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!