What to do with Cauliflower?

Options

Replies

• NanaBabs007
    Options
    Roasted cauliflower salad with tahini, it's delicious! I'm making some now. Recipe is from PCC (Puget Sound Cooperative) Deli & can be found on the PCC website. Just Google: PCC Deli Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini recipe & you'll find it easily.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower popcorn!!!
  • IkenSadie
    Options
    Steam the cauliflower just until tender let it cool just until its not too hot to handle, then make it into Rice. I use a cheese grader or food processor. Then u can top with a variety if sautéed veggies or add spices and eat plain? We've only started eating it this way for the past 2 months. Ill never go back to Rice:)) you can use this in several different recipes.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower. I just tried this last night and it came out great. There is no recipe so amounts are a guesstimate. Steam a medium size head of cauliflower until tender and drain. Mash & blend in 2-3 ozs, of mascarpone cheese & about 1 oz. of parmegiano reggiano.

Feel free to play around with the amounts to get the texture and flavor you like. This made enough for 2 generous portions with leftover.
  • kayleepie
    kayleepie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower soup! I sometimes mash it and use it instead of rice with curries. :)
  • northernurse
    Options
    I steam it then add a timy bit of low sodium chicken broth, some sauted onions and a bit of garlic seasoning, Mash it up or put it in the blender. Mmm, better than mashed potatoes. No butter or cream required !
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower salad is great - just replace potatoes salad recipe with fresh or slightly steamed cauliflower.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I make saffron cauliflower with mine:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2007/mar/17/features.weekend1

good with puy lentils.
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    roasted with olive oil and paprika! yummmmmmm
  • lilac_bunny
    lilac_bunny Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A low fat way to do cauliflower cheese is to use quark or fat free cottage chese with 30g of extra mature low fat cheddar grated into it, as the low fat dairy takes on the flavour of the cheese. Doing this over the top of the garlic or paprika roasted cauliflower is delicious.
  • tarheelteacher
    tarheelteacher Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    like the pizza idea
  • libbiebowers
    Options
    Caulipots!!!!!!! Steam about 1/2 head of cauliflower until tender. Boil two or three potatoes until fork tender. Mash together the cauliflower and potatoes with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Wonderful and very healthy.

Another cauliflower recipe I love is herb and breadcrumbs over cauliflower. Toss breadcrumbs, some thyme, oregano, pepper, salt and crushed red pepper together with about 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs. Rinse the cauliflower and toss with the breadcrumbs. Place on cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes at 325.
  • i steam it

mix together brown mustard and a little bit of mayo. and cover the cauliflower with that then add a bit of cheese and bake it until cheese is melted.

my kids go nuts over
  • addyl7
    addyl7 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love oven roasting it. Toss with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and a dash of crushed red pepper flakes. If you have it, some herbs de provence is a great addition. 425 degrees for about 10 minutes or until beginning to brown. Enjoy!
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Steamed, sprinkled with pepper and cilantro.
    Drizzled with olive oil and soy sauce.
  • pamelabuller1
    Options
    Cauliflower cheese with leeks,
    cook the leek and cauliflower together, drain and put the leek at the bottom of the dish then cover with cauli.florets
    Use a low fat cheese sauce to cover them. A very tasty dish :)
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Grate it and make faux fried rice.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Roast! Olive oil, salt and pepper!
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love Mashed Cauliflower. Taste better than mashed potatoes, with less carbs!