Seeking Green Smoothie Recipes

Options

Replies

• HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a VITAMIX and it annihilates everything into a SMOOTH CREAMY DRINK no matter what I put in it! Amazing machine!
  • Aimdevi
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sounds delicious, thank you so much!
    Mango banana "Green Monster" smoothie:

*(This is just exactly how I do it. I posted the brands I use so I could be sure of the calorie and nutrition info I posted. Feel free to alter it to suit your needs/availability of ingredients, but swaps may change nutrition info)

(Recipe yields 6 servings, 11 oz. each)

16 oz. Trader Joe's Green Food super juice
    1 banana
    2 cups frozen cut mango (Fresh & Easy brand)
    1 cup raw baby leaf spinach
    8 oz. baby carrots (about 15 baby carrots)
    9 oz. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
    2 Tablespoons raw chia seeds

To blender, add Green Food juice, spinach, and baby carrots. Blend until all ingredients are finely ground and well incorporated. Then add 1 banana and FROZEN mango (do not thaw the mango). Blend until well incorporated. Lastly, add the yogurt and blend. When well blended, add Chia seeds and pulse only slightly. Serve immediately. If you are preparing the night before and keeping it in the fridge, wait to add the Chia seeds until right before serving, as they will become gummy/glutinous if left standing. You can omit the Chia seeds to reduce the fat and calorie count, but they are VERY healthy for you and are a source of good healthy fats.

Nutritional information per serving:
    Calories: 171
    Fat: 1.6 grams (no saturated or trans fats)
    Carbs: 30.8 grams
    Sugar: 24.6 grams (no refined or corn sugars - only whole fruit sugars)
    Net carbs: 25.5
    Dietary Fiber: 5.3 grams
    Protein: 7.3 grams
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use a Vitamix blender and usually have a smoothie everyday. Not only is it good for weight loss but you will have TONS of energy.
    Today I am making this smoothie:

3/4 cup frozen Pineapple
    1 medium Navel Orange
    1 cup spinach leaves
    1 cup water

Blend and Drink up the Goodness

This one sounds delicious!!!
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes - go and get yourself the NutriBullet - they are about $99 but if you have a Kohl's card and 30% coupon you will pay $64
    If you have a Target Redcard you can order online and save 5% and free shipping - well worth the price - comes with a user guide / recipe book and a pocket nutrionist which gives you the benefits of all yr greens, fruits, nuts and suggest some boosters. Awesome gift for yourself - easy to clean - just rinse - comes with the Bullet - Large Plastic mixing cup - 2 travel plastic cups with lids and handles and two screw on blender tops - one makes the actual "blast" and the other is for grinding yr nuts, cocoa or whatever you want. Do not order it on the website for NutriBullet as it is too expensive but you can chk it out to see and also see what Target and Kohls has to show you - they are all the same.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What kind of juicer/blender do you guys use to make your green smoothies?

I see a few people have mentioned, but I would like to compare several.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I have no idea what this thread is about but I love the recipes being given! BUMP =)
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup kale
    1/2 cup spinach
    1 tbsp honey
    1 frozen banana
    1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
    1 tbsp coconut oil
    handful of ice

Yum!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Mine is a vitamix. It was really pricey but we kept breaking our cheap $30 blenders and figured this would last forever! ;) Seriously,best kitchen gadget ever.
  • Platypusimus
    Platypusimus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 TSP peanut butter or 2 TSP PB2
    1 cup spinach
    1 cup almond milk

Blend well - it's really tasty and you don't taste the spinach at all...

This sounds yummy! Also - do you find that the pb2 is a good version of peanut butter? Do you just use it on recipes or do you rehydrate it for spreading too?
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have this for breakfast some mornings and it's DELICIOUS!

1 frozen banana (sliced)
    2 cups baby spinach
    1 tbsp Better N Peanut Butter
    3/4 cups Silk Pure Almond Milk Unsweetened Vanilla
    .5 scoop Pure Protein Whey Protein Powder- Frosty Chocolate

It has 260 calories. You can skip the protein powder to lower the calories and it's just as good. Right now I've been using 1% milk because we're out of almond milk.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy...I use 8oz coconut milk, I scoop Shakeology and 1 scoop protein powder. I'm getting a day's worth of veggies in one shake, super foods and probiotics. And it's bangin good!
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bump for later because these all sound amazing!
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I've been winging it that last few days. So glad I have an arsenal of recipes at my disposal:drinker: :heart:
  • fitnwhole
    Options
    check out the January issue of Whole Living magazine (on newsstands now). :)

They even have a month long action plan with meal recipes.

Mine just came in the mail today! I'll be sure to look through it in the morning!
  • fitnwhole
    Options
    What kind of juicer/blender do you guys use to make your green smoothies?

I see a few people have mentioned, but I would like to compare several.

I use the Ninja!
  • eklepp
    eklepp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I have been doing it for about a year now.

My basic shake is:
    banana
    1/2 blender packed with spinach or Kale ( I use a Blendtec)
    Chia seeds
    blueberries (about 1/2 cup)
    Cinnamin
    Kefir or Coconut milk
    Amp 60 protein powder (vanilla)

additional add in's:
    almonds, parsley, ginger, Dark chocolate, Maca, apple, strawberries, raw honey

Just play around with it. Start simple and then add in. My trainer today did carrots, spinach, ginger, apple, almond milk, protein, and raw honey. Most of they taste good to great even though they look gross. LOL
  • eklepp
    Options
    I will have to try this one. Sounds good!
  • z4lg38
    z4lg38 Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but if happen not to come across one to your liking or just don't have the time to spend making it, try Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness!
  • eklepp
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I'll try just blending the almond milk and spinah (maybe with a bit of water) first and see what happens. I don't exactly remember the type of blender I have, but it certainly makes good margheritas! :)

Mine is a Blendtec. Tried the Ninja and the Magic Bullet prior to investing in the Blentec.
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm not a veggie eater so this is how I get some veggies without gagging them down. I just blend fruits, spinach or kale, protein powder & water to my consistency. The water instead of milk or yogurt helps keep the calories down.