Instead of, I eat...

Options

Replies

• kristaleighwhite
    kristaleighwhite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Also...

Instead of bagels, I eat multi-grain bread.

Instead of creamy tomato soup, I eat pureed tomato/roasted red pepper soup.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating the entirety of what they bring to my table, I get a doggie bag and then I have lunch tomorrow.

Instead of eating a half pizza I have 2 slices and keep the other 2 (or 6 if it's just me) slices for lunch tomorrow.

Instead of eating the entirety of our meals we plan on having human sized plates and leftovers.

There's more but the concept above is the most important.
  • ralena
    ralena Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 3boysunder3
    3boysunder3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    Some awesome ideas here.

Instead of a Twix, 1 tablespoon Nutella.
    Good luck!!

Ditto solves my chocolate cravings immediately.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Instead of butter on my english muffin, I use 1 tblsp coconut oil-yummeee

Great idea! I have used coconut oil for butter on grilled cheese sandwiches on whole wheat bread.
    -almond milk and purchased sugar free Starbucks syrups in my coffee.
    -plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream in everything except baked goods, that was awful in sugar cookies. But, stroganoff- my family didn't even notice
    -homemade roasted spice almonds in place of chips-easy recipe
    -hummus instead of mayo or miracle whip in sandwiches
    -and just this week, when I had to use my ripe avocado, I blended it in with frozen strawberries, Greek yogurt, and vanilla almond milk
    - oh, and for something baked, I have a killer pumpkin protein bread recipe ( I also add dark chocolate chips to this:)
  • cassfitnesspal
    cassfitnesspal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    instead of pasta i eat spaghetti squash it goes from 200+ calories a cup to 42!!!!!
    also instead of ice cream I freeze individual greek yogurt cups with coco powder for chocolate cravings!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    instead of Reece Cup or chocolate candy or cookies:

Cacao or cocoa Powder
    small curd cottage cheese
    peanut butter or raw coconut butter
    mix these in a small cup and WOW--tastes just like a Reeces cup or coconut chocolate bon-bon!

instead of candy: fruit
    instead of popcorn: brown rice ricecake
    instead of store bought juice/soda: water or homemade juice
    instead of french fries: plain baked potato
    instead of dairy cheese: almond cheese
    instead of cow's milk: rice, hemp, flax, almond, sunflower milks
    instead of peanut butter: coconut butter
    instead of chips: nuts and seeds
    instead of ice cream or milk shakes: Hemp protein powder loaded with frozen fruits and coconut ice milk
    instead of fast foods pizzas and junk: make it at home instead
    instead of eating a whole portion of restaurant food when dining out: ask for take home box immediately, put half the portion in the box and eat the other half later on for left overs the next day

instead of skipping Asian foods and other of my favorites foods: plan my food and exercise for the day accordingly to make room for it in my daily food budget and/or bump up my exercising (to 15-30 minutes more to my daily exercise) to make room to eat anything I want.
  • changejen2013
    Options
    I've stopped buying obvious junk food and so has my husband. We eat healthier overall but we do have our occasional cravings. Maybe once a week or once every two weeks we feed our cravings for sweets...like a donut or piece of cake. That one fullment nevere sets us back either.

I have started drinking lots of tea with minimal sugar these days in the winter as it keeps me warm and fills me up and its 0 calories. I have a 2 cup mug so I drink it up easily.

I've switched that for my 110 calorie pack hot chocolates.
  • LadyObjection
    Options
    Instead of fried -insert food hear- I go with the baked /grilled/ boiled alternative. These days, most fried food I eat just ends up tasting like bowl of grease :sick: , and I just can't be bothered with all that BS. :laugh:
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Instead of potato chips I eat seaweed.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Instead of potato chips I eat seaweed.

My children LOVE eating seaweed instead of chips! I can't get into it myself, but they love it!
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    Instead of a Reece's Piece's.. I have a chocolate rice cake with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    Also, instead a chips I eat cheddar or sour cream and onion rice cakes... They taste almost the same..
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Instead of milk, I drink soy milk.
    Instead of sugar & cream in my coffee, I take it black.
    Instead of fruit loops, I have whole grain toast.
    Instead of chips, I have popcorn.
    Instead of double fudge chunk cookies, I have macaroons.
    Instead of french fries, I have roasted red potatoes.
    Instead of pretzels, I eat walnuts.

Instead of fast food, I cook. =)
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i use the smaller lunch plates and not the dinner plates.
    i use only 1/4 c rice for my chinese that i make
    i switched to whole grain pasta
    when i crave fries i still get them only i get a ready fries in the freezer section its all portioned out or i make them myself
  • terranowhere
    terranowhere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    would love the killer pumpkin protein recipe please:bigsmile:
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I used to do regular graham cracker pie crusts, then I went to reduced fat ones, then I found out the reduced fat ones still have a little bit of trans fat, so I did some experimenting, and came out with blending my fiber one graham cereal to a powder, mixing it with some egg whites, splenda, and a little water to make it stick together, baked it, and it turned out working quite well for a high fiber pie crust.
  • LPDLPD
    LPDLPD Posts: 25
    Options
    Rather than eating something for a snack, I have a huge glass of water!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    instead of a big serving of whatever i want to eat, I eat a small-to-moderate serving of whatever I want to eat.
  • LPDLPD
    LPDLPD Posts: 25
    Options
    I should try that. Where do you get seaweed?