NSV! Let's Hear Yours!

Options

Replies

• wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Measured my body fat this am. 21% Woo Hoo!!!!
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maintained 16.6 MPH for 35 minutes on the bike yesterday and didn't die (my fastest MPH yet)!
    Added 10 lbs to the weights yesterday and nailed it!
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Finally, after nearly a year of trying to set a good example for my over weight husband. He has decided to join me on the quest to be fit and healthy. This means so much to me!!!!
  • joddumz
    Options
    I am no longer the most uncordinated and slow person in the zumba class :)

I put my favourite red skinny jeans and leather jacket on today - they didn't fit for a couple of months but back in today - almost couln't wear them until i found a belt!!

getting used to liking what i look like again

Next goal --to try on my sisters clothes in a few weeks, shes a dress size below me and has amazing taste !!!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    While exerciseing last nigh, I bent forward and realized my belly wasn't there!!!!
    Finally!!!

This is a picture of me last night. I have lost 15 pounds and am ready to start lifting!! 28 days to my last weigh in for Biggest Loser and then off to a gym with weights and a personal trainer. On to the next level of fitness.

234b77cd-3777-4cef-9ed2-5c05abe679e0_zps433aff34.jpg
  • kmmuellr
    kmmuellr Posts: 19
    Options
    Probably an NSV that hasn't been said before...

I carry a concealed pistol sometimes. Since picking up an extra 10 lbs, I've had to wear my holster outside of my waist band. Now that I've dropped the weight, I can keep it in-waist-band!

I haven't measured, but most say that a concealed pistol/holster will add almost 2 inches at your belt line! I've probably lost 1 inch, as I could squeeze it before, but now its comfortable!

K
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Congrats!! I'm hoping to get down to around 21% body fat... can't wait!

As for a NSV - I can fit into my favourite pair of white jeans that I haven't worn for about 5 years now. They are still a little tight but I'll get there soon enough!
  • scaredofcoasters
    scaredofcoasters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a tiny person (at 5' 5", I'm not the smallest, but it's certainly below average), yet for the longest time, I was wearing L and XL shirts, 38x30 pants, and Size 8 4E shoes. I'm now in S shirts, 32x30 pants, and Size 6.5 E (a standard wide) shoes. What's weird about the shoes is that I thought I had wide feet like my father and brother, but actually I have narrow heels like my mother. And hopefully with the rest of the weight loss, I'll be able to fit into standard width shoes, cause I've got some styles I want to wear that don't come in a wide (Converse, I'm mad that you make everything so narrow :grumble: )
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My NSV is, my medium shirts are starting to get baggy.
  • pandacookie70
    Options
    I used to wear shorts over the cozzie when swimming; then the shorts got too small or I got too big for them. Today they were too loose to be worn.
  • Tomhoffman84
    Options
    Ran for the first time since August, ran 4 miles, felt like I could run a few more, felt great. Reached the last of my belt loops this week as well.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Probably an NSV that hasn't been said before...

I carry a concealed pistol sometimes. Since picking up an extra 10 lbs, I've had to wear my holster outside of my waist band. Now that I've dropped the weight, I can keep it in-waist-band!

I haven't measured, but most say that a concealed pistol/holster will add almost 2 inches at your belt line! I've probably lost 1 inch, as I could squeeze it before, but now its comfortable!

K

this. is. awesome. Good for you! And this is actually helpful for me, as I plan to start carrying now that I'm applying for my CCW permit. :)

My NSV? I've managed to eat very clean the last 3 days in a row (80%+ clean, no processed foods). I'm fighting the flubug off like mad, so that's about all I got today.
  • angeladenise777
    angeladenise777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My NSV:

I'm wearing a size M shirt and it fits nice. Yes i have a little meat pudge on the side and back but nothing my new lifestyle won't change soon. I'm just so happy I have a medium on and it fits nice versus my large i wear because of my midsection.

Feeling fly today.

Hugs,
    A
  • jeepinwelch
    jeepinwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I put on a button up shirt this morning and didn't have to put safety pins between the buttons to close the little gaps. I've only lost 9lbs so far so this is my first NSV!
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV for me, but I'm not too sure my husband appreciated it. Upon meeting one of his bowling buddies for the first time, the guy said "This tiny, young gal is your wife? I thought she was one of your daughters!"
  • angeladenise777
    angeladenise777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    While exerciseing last nigh, I bent forward and realized my belly wasn't there!!!!
    Finally!!!

This is a picture of me last night. I have lost 15 pounds and am ready to start lifting!! 28 days to my last weigh in for Biggest Loser and then off to a gym with weights and a personal trainer. On to the next level of fitness.

234b77cd-3777-4cef-9ed2-5c05abe679e0_zps433aff34.jpg

You go girl. Looking good!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options

My goal isn't to lose actual weight, it's to get down to around this level of body fat! I was 27.5% about a month ago but I'm checking again on Wednesday.

My NSV: My quad sits on top of a set of grueling stairs known as the Tabler Steps. I've lived there for two years and no matter how many times I've walked up them they never seemed to get any easier until I started working out. I went up the long way yesterday and wasn't totally out of breath!
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    Iv got a waist after four kids :D242zaew.jpg
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    :cry: Sorry I don't know what went wrong
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    :cry: Sorry I don't know what went wrong
    I can answer that. The photo was just too big for the post part of the page, that's all. If you can make it smaller, that should help get the entire photo.

I've had a lot of NSVs, including being able to wear this costume in medium!
    CatwomanMe_zps23404ab4.jpg

Others have included not having to buy the bigger clothes anymore, feeling better about myself, and the best one...medication-free for the first time in nearly 20 years!

This year, I'm heading to Dragon*Con in Atlanta with the hopes to look as close as I can to this character:
    CureMoonlightSmaller_zpsb064f12f.png
    Cure Moonlight out of Heartcatch Precure!

I've got a lot to celebrate with everything I've done in the past year, losing 50 pounds!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!