what do you do with your whey protein powder?

Options

Replies

• Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So today I bought chocolate whey protein powder for the first time and I was wondering what you guys do with it, I mean the back of the container says to mix with water, but i think i may try mixing with skim milk, sounds more appealing to me. I've also heard of people putting it in oatmeal and other things. What do you guys do with it? I need some ideas!!!

also please feel free to add me! i love the support everyone gives each other on here!

When I'm "bulking" I'll take 4 cups of 0% milk, 1 scoop of optimum Vanilla Whey Protein, 80grams Steel cut oats and 28 grams of almonds that I've run through a coffee grinder until dust, 136 grams of frozen mixxed berries and a container of egg whites, post-workout.

1,186 calories.
    128g Carbs 121g Protein 21G Fats
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Usually take ice cube trays and fill with 1% chocolate milk and freeze and then post workout I dump 1 tray (2 cups) in the Vitamix with 2 heaping scoops of ON double chocolate protein powder and 2 tablespoons of Jiff All Natural Peanut butter, add about a 1/2 cup of 1% choc milk to help it along and mix til blended. Best milkshake I have made yet.... Best of Luck...

ohmigosh this looks fantastic!!!!!
  • jwesthora
    jwesthora Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I add 1 cup of strawberries, a little yogurt, scoop of chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder and there you have a nice meal that is good for your muscles.
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I snort lines of it with a rolled up $100 bill.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal (dry) and scant 1 cup water with a small pinch of salt. Put in microwave 2:45 seconds. Stir in 1/2 scoop protein powder. I eat this for breakfast pretty much everyday and will mix in a half of a diced banana or 10 grams raisins and cinnamon depending on the flavor of protein.

I workout in the AM so I eat this after exercising.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have it in shakes and I alternate between water, almond milk and cow milk depending if its after workout or as breakfast. I use water and almond milk for after workouts and milk for breakfast.

I've made protein bars with it. I actually got the recipe on here. It was 1/4 cup of melted peanut butter diluted with a few spoons of water. A cup of oatmeal and a spoon or two of whey. They were good.

I read that you can make muffins, pancake and many other stuff.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I mix with original almond milk and throw a banana in the chocolate and when I have vanilla I use a cup of blueberiies blended in.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i mix mine with vanilla milk and coffee its a dream
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Water. I'm boring.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I use unflavored powder, but mix it with either pineapple juice, milk, or water (if I'm adding a *lot* of fruit)...in addition to berries, lots of fruit, and ice.
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with water and drink it directly after working out. I have found the less water the better. There are tons of flavors out there, i saw mint chocolate the other day.
  • darkesnow
    darkesnow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond or coconut milk, whey, and a teeny dab of McCormicks Butter flavoring. Tastes like wedding cake, so good.
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Smoothies- Green, fruit, yogurt, etc.
    Use as coffee creamer
    Add to oatmeal, pancake batter, yogurt
    Stirred into almond milk
    "Chocolate" milk for my picky kids
    Coffee/almond milk/banana and powder for a badass post workout shake
    Stirred into Peanut Butter for a sammich
  • AliceMerritt10
    Options
    I have a smoothie for breakfast every morning. There are so many ways to vary it that it never gets boring. I do make sure I create a well balanced meal! Whey protein powder is the main protein source, and to this I add fruits and veggies. I use yogurt or almond milk or coconut milk for the base. I also add flax seed oil for the "healthy" fat.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    8oz choc almond milk and 8oz of water plus a scoop of my powder into my shaker and bam! Chocolate milk with a kick to get my day started right :)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Full fat milk and gulp it down in one, it tastes nasty, more so if I try to pretend it's real food by putting it in pancakes or making cereal bars. Bleugh.

• fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have vanilla flavour....mix it with unsweetened plain almond milk into a smoothie with banana and/or berries, little bit of cinnamon and honey....yummy
  • Moriarek
    Moriarek Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hate whey protein with water, but I love it with milk (max 0,5%) ;) You can also make my "champion's breakfast": 1 cup oatmeal + whey protein (preferably vanilla, but chocolate works as well) + 15 grams of raisins + natural yoghurt = all you need to start a day with heavy workout!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I blend it with a banana, peanut butter and baking cocoa.

Or use coconut milk.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    you can add to granola.