Master Cleanse! aka Lemonade Diet .. My 30 day story.

Options

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    A cleanse is just how it sounds. To CLEANSE and detoxify the body of built up toxins and chemicals. Things like the master cleanse are not by any means for losing weight. Anybody who tries to lose weight by doing a cleanse is a fool. You may lose weight during but I can guarantee that weight will come right back after you get off of it.

Name one. Just one. Please?

You seem knowledgeable about cleanses and detoxifying so you can surely name a toxin that is removed from the body during a cleanse that isn't otherwise removed from the body while eating food, right?

I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.

Me too.

oab3vc.jpg
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    A cleanse is just how it sounds. To CLEANSE and detoxify the body of built up toxins and chemicals. Things like the master cleanse are not by any means for losing weight. Anybody who tries to lose weight by doing a cleanse is a fool. You may lose weight during but I can guarantee that weight will come right back after you get off of it.

What does it cleanse? If you can't answer that question with verifiable, specific information, you should never do a 'cleanse'.

Pro tip: No one should ever do a cleanse
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Name one. Just one. Please?

You seem knowledgeable about cleanses and detoxifying so you can surely name a toxin that is removed from the body during a cleanse that isn't otherwise removed from the body while eating food, right?

I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.

*sigh*

I am reminded that I thought that this thread was going to be the one where I finally found the answer to my question.

Alas, it was not to be.

And so, my quest continues...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

HI! Let's play nice. If someone breaks a Forum Guideline, please report the post.

Thanks

Arewethereyet MFP Moderator :flowerforyou:
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ^^^Nice job at getting strike with your first post on a 20 month old thread.
    Nice job jollying people again
    Awww are you following me?

Yeah, even I noticed she purposefully singled you out in at least 2 threads now within a short time. That's pretty disturbing.

Just happened to be on the forum more tonight and saw both posts, What's disturbing is not AT LEAST having an open mind
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Yeah, even I noticed she purposefully singled you out in at least 2 threads now within a short time. That's pretty disturbing.

Just happened to be on the forum more tonight and saw both posts, What's disturbing is not AT LEAST having an open mind

You want people to have an open mind about consuming nothing but saltwater and lemonade?

NO.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Sorry to the OP for answering this, but I feel the need to point out that his response was to someone who was blatantly insulting the OP. I don't see how that was bullying or incorrect in regards to pointing out that it was against the CG. Saying we should have an open mind while other people are called idiots and then throwing around the word bully, really seems hypocritical in this situation.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options

Sorry to the OP for answering this, but I feel the need to point out that his response was to someone who was blatantly insulting the OP. I don't see how that was bullying or incorrect in regards to pointing out that it was against the CG. Saying we should have an open mind while other people are called idiots and then throwing around the word bully, really seems hypocritical in this situation.

Calling people idiots isn't helping anyone
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options

You want people to have an open mind about consuming nothing but saltwater and lemonade?

NO.

No I would never do that BUT I have no right to be mean to someone for doing so. Haven't we all made questionable decisions?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

And so calling someone who told the person calling the OP an idiot that it was against the CG is him bullying people? :huh

In all honesty, I think you need to step away and stop posting.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Agreed. Someone called the OP an idiot. And MrM27 called them out on it.

So why is he the bully again?
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Options

NO.

No I would never do that BUT I have no right to be mean to someone for doing so. Haven't we all made questionable decisions?

Never.

OK, ONCE.

I will never make lutefisk casserole again.

But other than that, I feel pretty good about my record.

Except for the exploding baked potato.

I was hungry.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

MrM didn't call that poster an idiot. That poster called the OP an idiot.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options

Never said he said that what I said was calling someone an idiot wasn't helping anyone
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Never said he said that what I said was calling someone an idiot wasn't helping anyone

Although that's true, throwing around the term bully isn't helping anyone either. It's actually demeaning to those who were/are bullied. And going around singling out someone to call them a bully in various threads is harassment.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options
    That's the second Topic you followed me to say my feelings of being bullied is not correct. By your definition that's harassment.