Master Cleanse! aka Lemonade Diet .. My 30 day story.

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the master cleanse now, and am on day 4. This is my second time doing the cleanse, the first time being for 10 days.

I will agree with the majority of you here on one thing only - the master cleanse is a terrible diet. If you are using it to lose weight, you are doing it wrong.

The OP had a rough time on it. 30 days is a long time to fast, that's for sure. Her experience though, is the exception to the rule.

I have done a huge amount of research in preparation for my first cleanse and leading up to my current one. What I have noticed is that 95% of the people who have saw the master cleanse out to the end, report positively about the experience.

Similarly, 95% of the people with negative things to say about it, have never tried it.

You chose that as your first post? Seriously? Looks like troll, smells like troll, TROLL!

OP, thank you for sharing your story, I agree with the majority that this should be "stickied"

I don't think that person was a troll. I think it was a catfish account used to debunk the OP without drawing attention to their main account. I know a few people that have done this and I hope that MFP seriously starts monitoring and investigating accounts with duplicate IP and create some button or better system to report profiles for review.

And OP, I hope since your post you've continued to kick butt and feel/do better. Thank you again for posting your experiences and I hope they educate and inspire others who might be in danger of walking the same path.
  • smichelle65
    smichelle65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the Master Cleanse. It is generally recommended to start with just a 2-3 day cleanse if you're doing it for the first time. I think the maximum recommended duration is 14 days. Also, I wonder if you might have had so much digestion trouble because you didn't follow a gradual ease-out after the cleanse.

This post has "shill" written all over it! :laugh: Hmmm..."SoniaTMC"..."TMC" wouldn't happen to stand for "The Master Cleanser", would it?
  • Melli_81
    Melli_81 Posts: 13
    Options
    Very interesting... Thanks for sharing!
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I cleanse every day between meals by drinking tons of water. :laugh:
  • charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    Everyone wants to hear the "success" stories of cleansing and disregard the actual stories of how they don't teach you anything about eating correctly, exercise, etc.

Thanks for your feedback.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

What he said!
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing, OP!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I tried this years ago. It was awful and disgusting.

My mom claimed it cured her IBS. :huh:
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the personal details of your experience. It is so important for everyone to hear.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so open and honest about your experience. That took guts.
  • ParisKennedy
    ParisKennedy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First of all, this cleanse is to ONLY be done for ten days, not thirty. The fact that you did this for 3x the amount that was recommended and then had issues is not surprising. When you abuse ANYTHING and/or overdose (go in excess) it becomes dangerous. An example: Water is good for you, too much too quickly can kill you.

Second of all, you said AFTER your cleanse you ate a ton of junk food and then had stomach issues. You THEN blame the MC for your stomach/digestion issues. It would seem that the junk food caused your digestion problems, that is a no brainer. Anyone who eats a load of crap will get "crappy". After a weekend of binging due to vacation, football party, etc, anyone feels bad and has stomach/digestion issues. Especially after cleaning out your system, it isn't used to junk. I once used super healthy eating to lose weight. I ate clean, 100% for about 3 months. I don't think I cheated even once (I was preparing for a vacation). On vacation, my first night, I went to an Italian restaurant I ate pasta, bread and wine (nothing crazy and not too much). The next morning, I ate an unhealthy breakfast. By lunch my stomach was cramped so bad, I could hardly walk. That was the first time in my life I had digestion problems and had to eat Tums. I normally used to eat bad sometimes and good sometimes, however after my "healthy eating" cleanse, my body wasn't used to crap and I fed it crap and I was sick. You did the same thing with the cleanse and then blamed the cleanse.

You also said you went into, "ketosis" and that is why you "think" you lost weight. When you're consuming around 140 carbs a day due to Grade B syrup and lemons, you don't go into ketosis. You were also to consume 1200 calories a day to get your vitamins and minerals. Each ingredient in this mixture is loaded with lots of vitamins and minerals. Google nutrition in lemons, Grade B maple syrup, cayenne pepper. You'll be surprised.

Lastly, you did the cleanse for weight loss. It isn't a weight loss diet. You need to do this for other reasons. Again, you abused it and used it for something it wasn't intended for and then complained you "put the weight back on". But you ate junk. Whether you do Weight Watchers or even MFP the correct way to lose or ANY "diet" plan, you WILL put weight back on IF you eat crap. The thing is, you CAN'T eat crap and keep a healthy physique. How you lost it is one thing, you have a fresh start, you chose your next path. But again, this isn't a diet/healthy eating plan that you "assumed" it to be so if you didn't learn how to eat healthy from it, again, it isn't the MC's fault. It's not what it is to be used for. It's like taking Suedafed for weight loss vs allergies due to it containing the appetite suppressant of ephedrine and then writing an article saying that Suedafed is bad because you didn't lose weight (but that's not what it is for). Again, a no brainer.

For you ppl posting who have NEVER done this, you have no place commenting. I had the BEST experience healthwise with this cleanse. I want to do it again tomorrow but ONLY bc I am sick right now and I KNOW from experience the way it cured many issues last year. I am not looking to lose weight, I am not using it to lose weight and I am not going to do it 3x the recommended amount (like a drug overdose). My skin was so clear, my eyes white, I had so much energy, I couldn't sleep (this is the downside). I was forcing myself to go to bed and wouldn't fall asleep til 5am. I was bouncing out of bed at 7:30am without an alarm clock and loaded with energy. I felt I didn't need the sleep, but it was boring and creepy being up all night while others slept.

Here is an author of the MC telling everyone about "magical toxins" (as the uneducated and inexperienced on here call them). If you don't "get" the MC then watch this. It's brief, but informative. Only experience will convince you. If you put it down, it's probably bc you don't think you have the will power to do this. The weak are negative while the strong are pro-active.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZ6NbQfhDk
  • nyemahag
    nyemahag Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the Master Cleanse almost 2 years ago. I can say it was not easy at all, but I did manage to complete all 10 days. I lost 18lbs and I only gained 2lbs back after I started eating again(I didn't go back to solid foods right away). The cleanse flushed my digestive system and after trying for a year after having my son to lose weight, I was finally able to see results. Within 6 months of doing the cleanse I lost a total of 43lbs including the 18 from the cleanse. It's funny that people say you can just clean your system with water and veggies but, I have always drank plenty of water and I love veggies but during this cleanse there were all sorts things coming out of me, one was corn, which I hadn't eaten for over a month before starting the cleanse. I can say the salt water flush made things almost unbearable and I would get that taste in my mouth anytime someone would even mention salt water for almost a year after the cleanse. I can't say what it has done for everyone else, but it worked wonders for me, it was the only thing I tried that kick started my weight loss and I have not gained that weight back almost 2 years later. I also broke my coffee addiction:)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope that someone who needs it will see it and make a better choice if this is what they are considering.
  • sandterria23
    Options
    The Master Cleanse does work, you have to make sure you follow it properly. I did it and kept the weight off for over a year in a half. You gain weight back and much more because you decided to start back eating unhealthy foods and didnt ease off the master cleanse as directed to. I was 180 lbs after having my son and did the master's cleanse went down to 147 lbs. eased myself off and followed a healthy diet and exercise plan and i was fine, even down to pooping. As long as you following the instructions you will be fine. :happy: :smile: :wink:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    The Master Cleanse does work, you have to make sure you follow it properly. I did it and kept the weight off for over a year in a half. You gain weight back and much more because you decided to start back eating unhealthy foods and didnt ease off the master cleanse as directed to. I was 180 lbs after having my son and did the master's cleanse went down to 147 lbs. eased myself off and followed a healthy diet and exercise plan and i was fine, even down to pooping. As long as you following the instructions you will be fine. :happy: :smile: :wink:

No. Just no.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Edit: double post.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    WTH with all these accounts with their first posts promoting cleanses?

Losing 5 pounds of water weight is easy, my weight used to fluctuate by that much between morning and evening. To lose even just 5 pounds by eating normally (without diuretics and laxatives marketed as 'cleanses') is slightly more challenging, but it tends to be permanent.
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    WTH with all these accounts with their first posts promoting cleanses?.

Exactly....what is with that?!!

Excellent post OP, thanks for sharing
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Hmmmmmm. First post and no info whatsoever on your profile. Think I will take the OP's advice rather than yours!