Master Cleanse! aka Lemonade Diet .. My 30 day story.

Options

Replies

• CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I will say that it is not unusual to get ill while doing the MC because your body is trying to eradicate the same bacteria, toxins, and parasites that cause illnesses.

Huh? First off, your gut NEEDS healthy bacteria to aid in digestion. Second, unless we live in polluted, filthy areas of the world where we drink unsanitary water and eat unsafe, open air market foods, we don't have parasites. Parasites are not treatable with lemonade - do your research and stop providing false information to try to support some fad diet.

Lastly, the liver is the organ in the body that is designed to detox your system -- and if it's working at 100%, there is NO reason why we must "detox" in addition to what our liver already is doing for us.

Please do not make false claims to endorse a fad diet. You are heading down a slippery slope. What this poster did and experienced speaks more truth than your words.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You are amazing for posting this - thank you :heart:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I love you :flowerforyou:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic post. So sorry you had to experience this, but hopefully reading this will help somebody who is hoping to do with with shortcuts and drastic unhealthy measures.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

My great grandma lived to be 96 years old.. she didn't do any cleanse. Cleansing is not necessary for a life of longevity at all, so forget all the hype.

ALSO... it takes a long time to start:
    - building up your metabolism again
    - training your body to break down food
    - stop binge eating (it's not as easy as it sounds, survival instincts kick in)
    - having everyone remind you about the cleanse you did
    - build muscle back up again
    - get rid of the water weight that comes back
    - be able to start working out normally again

AND AFTER YOU ACCOMPLISHED ALL OF THE ABOVE .. you can start at square one again and start a normal healthy lifestyle.

you'll feel bloated, sluggish, crummy, and regretful for about 2-3 weeks...

QFT

Thank you for posting OP! I hope hope HOPE that everyone that considers doing this reads your story. Thank you again! :flowerforyou:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you want to "cleanse" try Alli (not sure on the spelling). Seriously. You'll lose a ton of weight because all the fat you take in will be oozing out your rear, and the exercise from running to the bathroom trying not to crap yourself burns a ton of calories.

Seriously though. I've seen it on here a bunch of times, but it's so true. "The secret to weight loss is no secret. Stop eating garbage and get off your @$$".
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I worry about your teeth health with so much fizzy sweet drink - it attacks your enamel.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I apprciate your raw honesty about the Master Cleanse. Sometimes I walk by the cleanses in the health and beauty section of Earth Fare and wonder if I should try one out. It's hard to come to the honest fact that it is going to take me a long time to lose this weight. This post reminds me that I need to stay the course, stick to my exercise and goal of losing 1 lb/week.

Thank you!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

QFT

What's QFT? :blushing:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

QFT

What's QFT? :blushing:

Quoted For Truth.
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this story. I had been wondering about it and well now I feel much better.. just stick to what I have been doing! :)
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I will say that it is not unusual to get ill while doing the MC because your body is trying to eradicate the same bacteria, toxins, and parasites that cause illnesses.

This for the WIN......... Not
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    thank you for sharing!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. You're awesome :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options

What toxins and parasites? Pretty sure the only thing this "cleanse" eradicates is water and muscle. Is that really what you took from this post?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Every single post with the word "Cleanse" in the title should automatically have your OP as the first response, and the second, and third, and forth... I think you get what I mean.
  • EBurke0723
    EBurke0723 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have tossed around trying this several times and this is a brutally honest and educational post. Sounds like you went through hell trying to get back to normal! You're awesome for sharing this.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    bump