Unless I sweat I don't log my activity.......right or wrong?

Options
1235»

Replies

• kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    You and I were typing the exact same thought at the same time :-)
    My personal opinion is that logging food preparation or doing dishes as exercise is only fooling yourself! I mean I'm pretty sure we all did those things anyway prior to starting MFP. I'm on my feet 8-9 hours a day in work 5 days a week and constantly moving around but I don't log this as exercise because I was doing it anyway before getting started on here! I basically only add in anything that I would not normally have done like going to the gym or going for a walk or my C25K. If I want to succeed I have to be honest with myself so doing dishes or any household activities does not count for me!
  • mairead287
    mairead287 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Haha great minds think alike...no point in lying to ourselves though, we'll be the only losers if we do and I don't mean losers of weight!
    You and I were typing the exact same thought at the same time :-)
    My personal opinion is that logging food preparation or doing dishes as exercise is only fooling yourself! I mean I'm pretty sure we all did those things anyway prior to starting MFP. I'm on my feet 8-9 hours a day in work 5 days a week and constantly moving around but I don't log this as exercise because I was doing it anyway before getting started on here! I basically only add in anything that I would not normally have done like going to the gym or going for a walk or my C25K. If I want to succeed I have to be honest with myself so doing dishes or any household activities does not count for me!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Wrong in my opinion. I will throw on my HRM if i take the kids sledding, snowblow/shovel the driveway, heavy cleaning days, or going for walks. I don't bust out in a sweat with those, but i burn far more calories doing those things than i do with my day to day desk job. If I burn 600 calories from taking the kids sledding, i feel like i should log that so i eat back some of those calories to keep my metabolism up and running.
  • mklassy123
    Options
    I only log in my heavy cleaning days as exercise. I can spend a good three hours at once cleaning and scrubbing the bathroom and kitchen, vacuuming and mopping. I don't count three hours of it and it's my every other week serious cleaning. The maintenance cleaning I don't count. I don't count walking the dog either, although I did at first. Then I realized how stupid it was to log that since I have been walking him for almost 12 years now and don't consider that any extra exercise.