Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    WOW! :noway:
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Used to be that way on my work PC. My problem is i run Virtual Desktop Manager (windows xp), and everytime you switch back and forth between your desktops, the items in the taskbar switch to a new order EVERYTIME you switch back and forth. I eventually just gave up and accepted the fact that i can't have them in the order i want them to be in.
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    im not always that way, but quite often, i have to do the same thing.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    No, but the tabs in my browser are usually in a certain order.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can write you an example script and send it to ya in pm
    You just got me seriously excited. Hahaha Please???

here is an example batch file for windows 7. figured i would post here for others who has OCD

open a text file, place something like this inside:

@echo off
    Start "" "C:\Program Files\TheFolder\TheProgram.exe"
    timeout 10

Then save it on your desktop make sure rename it to a .bat file
    add as many programs as you want. just make sure you put the exact location and program name

The timeout function is how many seconds it will wait before starting the next app
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I definitely do this! It needs to go: Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, anything else
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I can write you an example script and send it to ya in pm
    You just got me seriously excited. Hahaha Please???

here is an example batch file for windows 7. figured i would post here for others who has OCD

open a text file, place something like this inside:

@echo off
    timeout 10

Then save it on your desktop make sure rename it to a .bat file
    add as many programs as you want. just make sure you put the exact location and program name

The timeout function is how many seconds it will wait before starting the next app

Did anyone else just get really turned on? Just me? OK, then...
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Sounds like somebody needs to upgrade to Windows 7. You can drag them around in whatever order you want, and you can pin your favorites so they stay in position even when closed.
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to admit this, but I have you all beat...

If the total number of icons is a prime number, I have to open or close something.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    <--- Guilty as well!! lol
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    You should be able to drag the icons around to put them in the correct order.

Kortney also has superpowers...

i never realized this was a superpower. also... you know you can lock stuff in place and it'll stay there, right?
  • snoopnemmy
    snoopnemmy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Totally guilty! Glad to know I'm not the only one though :D
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Also, why Chrome and IE? Don't they do the same thing?

Technically, they do. However, I prefer Chrome, firefox and anything that's NOT IE. After going to school for graphic design, I shy away from IE.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Also, why Chrome and IE? Don't they do the same thing?

Technically, they do. However, I prefer Chrome, firefox and anything that's NOT IE. After going to school for graphic design, I shy away from IE.

Me too, but that is because with IE it requires a little extra code. it still doesn't use the W3C standards like it should. Even though version 9 says it does. lol
  • CrueChix
    Options
    Lol...you are the OCD people that I like to F with.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged.. mine have to be in a specific order to do my job correctly and if one gets shut I have to start over - its Mail, internal job program, intern NC program, search of the R drive (the drive all the PDFs for all the customers are on), word, Excel, quote utility, internal job log off program.
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Therapy. Now.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Sounds like somebody needs to upgrade to Windows 7. You can drag them around in whatever order you want, and you can pin your favorites so they stay in position even when closed.
    It would be great if I could just snap my fingers and make Chase upgrade my laptop. Alas, it unfortunately doesn't work like that around here. :laugh: I'll get the update at some point, but the roll out is s.l.o.w.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It would be great if I could just snap my fingers and make Chase upgrade my laptop. Alas, it unfortunately doesn't work like that around here. :laugh: I'll get the update at some point, but the roll out is s.l.o.w.

Try working for the state. I was supposed to get an upgrade last June!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    If for some reason the icons along the bottom of my screen get out of order, I must close all applications and restart them so they are in the correct order.
    I do it too, I'm so used to them in the same order every single day. It throws my whole day off if they aren't.