cereal diet!

Options
I'm gonna give the 2 week cereal diet a bash, anyone had any luck with it? ive opted for cheerios cause they r yummy so i might have half a chance of sticking to it

Replies

• Shabbyrose
    Options
    Why eat only cereal when you can eat whatever you want within you're calorie goal?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Why? Sound's like a way to get malnourished.

Eat a healthy mix of lot of different foods in appropriate amounts. It's much less boring.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why.. cereal has almost no nutritional value... you are better off eating lean whole foods, fruits and veggies and actually enjoy food.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why eat only cereal when you can eat whatever you want within you're calorie goal?

I love me some Lucky Charms, but I can't imagine eating them all day, every day.
  • hardymommy123
    hardymommy123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

What she said!!!!
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

I love me some Lucky Charms, but I can't imagine eating them all day, every day.

That's what I'm sayin'!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    It's just a version of a low calorie diet. I don't think there's much nutritional value in cereal to be honest. For the same calories you could have a nice tuna salad, full of protein.

My 3 year old likes shreddies at the moment, that's what he had for breakfast and lunch today! I think as adults we need to eat more than a 3 year old does!
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I have never heard of a cereal diet? I have heard of the Special K plan where you eat their products 2 times a day. That doesn't sound very good though. :|
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I read this post title as: CARBS!
  • Dark_Horse
    Options
    So what happens after the 2 week cereal splurge? I'm confused.....:huh:
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    why would you do that?

you could do a "eat all the fruit, veggies, cereal, skim milk, yogurt, almonds, fish and chicken you want diet" as long as you stick within your calorie range, and I bet you wouldn't get sick of it.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I think you are setting yourself up for failure.

Eat at a deficit get some exercise and do not expect the weight to fall off overnight.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I have nothing constructive to add to this odd diet. Oh. Maybe milk.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Two weeks with nothing but the very limited nutrition available in cheerios?! :noway: Sounds so healthy, safe and sustainable. Good luck with that.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    This will not be the magic that you're hoping for.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

They are magically delicious and pure awesomeness!!!!
  • MelissaM528
    MelissaM528 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like cereal. Sometimes I have a high fiber/low fat cereal for breakfast but it doesn't "hold me over" as much as a protein does. I can't imagine eating cereal for 2 weeks would be any better then just eating a healthy, sensible breakfast every morning.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Finally, a stupid diet that sounds fun.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

They are magically delicious and pure awesomeness!!!!

They are! Which is why I love them so. :love:
  • Suzeboo
    Suzeboo Posts: 50
    Options
    Bad Move!!! Why starve your body of the nutrients it needs? Eat healthily and excercise!