cereal diet!

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet, it's a marketing campaign. LOL

Now, if there was a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup diet, I'm all over it.

They make a Reese's Cereal! It would be like TWO diets at once! You'd lose double the weight!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'd rather do the 280 calorie Snickers diet.

Hey, at least it has protein unlike the Milky Way Diet;)
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You mean I could really live on Cinnamon Toast Crunch?? My dreams have come true!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I love cereal, and I suppose it could simplify mealtimes, so I sort of see the appeal, but cereal doesn't keep me full for very long, so I only eat it now as an occasional snack or "dessert."

While you probably won't get malnourished on this diet unless you stayed on it a LONG time...it just seems like it would get boring. And you'd be better off picking a fiber-heavy cereal like raisin bran or shredded wheat, if you're concerned about nutrition.

If you like cereal there's no reason (unless you're gluten intolerant or something) that you can't fit it into your daily macros...along with veggies, fruits, lean protein, etc.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it's a well balanced week, Fruity Pebbles, Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, and Cocoa Puffs should do it.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    mmmmm rice chex is my cereal addiction!!! HOWEVER, I COULD NEVER JUST EAT THAT ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!!! but i sure do love rice chex!

I love Rice Chex. I'd rather eat handfuls of Rice Chex than handfuls of chips or cookies...but I rarely do that anymore LOL.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Put fruit in your cereal.

And bacon.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Finally, a stupid diet that sounds fun.

This is true. I wouldn't mind eating only frosted flakes and captain crunch for 2 weeks.

Though if you're going to do something this dumb, why not make it a cake diet. Mmmmm, cake.

Cake and beer diet. I'd get on board with that.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I did the no-cereal diet and lost a lot of weight. Most cereal is just junk food
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    LOL, I assume this is a joke?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    No... it's a stupid idea.
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Doing this will not help you in the long run. You need to learn to eat right and make it part of your lifestyle so that you can get the weight off and keep it off.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Cake and beer diet. I'd get on board with that.

You've been reading my diary!
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    sounds really boring. i would just try to eat clean, and then some....good luck!:smokin: ..
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    There is not one thin, healthy person in the world who eats only cereal every day.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Ive done it and I lost 8lbs,
    I had a variety of cereals with soya milk for breakfast and dinner and made a very nutritional lunch.
    I kept to it for 3 weeks
    You lost 8 lbs because you had a calorie deficit, not because you ate cereal.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ive done it and I lost 8lbs,
    I had a variety of cereals with soya milk for breakfast and dinner and made a very nutritional lunch.
    I kept to it for 3 weeks
    You lost 8 lbs because you had a calorie deficit, not because you ate cereal.

^What he said...exactly...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Resolutionist's come up with some of the nuttiest diets.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • missability
    Options
    To Much Of Anything .......IS A BAD THING! You cannot possibly get all the nutrients you need from eating the same food day in, day out......not to mention it is a processed food. The second ingredient in Cheerios is Modified Cornstarch, which is made from Genetically modified corn, which classifies it as a GMO
    Like in any other starch, modified cornstarch contains gluten, not good for people suffering from wheat intolerance or related allergies, which most of the time people who do suffer these adverse reactions do not know that often times it is from the food they're eating, until something arises that is much more serious. Other side effects include anemia, bad mouth breath and tooth decay. In some instances it can lead to diabetes. Modified cornstarch should be consumed in limited amounts, so how much worse could it be than to "live" on the stuff for 2 weeks? I'm no expert, but when I was researching for my diet, corn, wheat, and soy were immediate stand outs to me as something to stay away from when trying to lose weight.....Just sayin s'all......
    I guess "Just sayin s'all" wasn't the best way to end this.......I AM NO EXPERT, just wanted to give you some FOOD for thought.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had good results in the past doing this. The key is to pick at least two cereals that your like, and that have a good nutritional profile. I used to do this a long time ago. It is a great way to just get the ball rolling on your weight loss.
    Might I add, it is not something that anyone usually does long term. Sometimes you have to ignore all the naysayers and just give something a shot. Naturally, it is not the diet you will follow forever. Your asking makes me think of getting back into that again.