Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I smell a troll.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had good results in the past doing this. The key is to pick at least two cereals that your like, and that have a good nutritional profile. I used to do this a long time ago. It is a great way to just get the ball rolling on your weight loss.

You must be new here...
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm planning on doing this or anything, but if I did I'd probably use Special K for one of my "meals" and put some bananas or berries in it. 14g of carbs (you want some carbs to keep your energy up but not so many you'll be hungry again in 20 mins) and 10g of protein. With such a small amount of choices I'd make sure to have as much nutritional variety as possible.

That being said, I'd advise you to do this for only one or two of your meals and eat some meat and vegetables for the rest.
  • baileyt1
    baileyt1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Be very careful with somthing like this. You won't be doing your body any good because you'll be delpeting it of the nutrients it needs and may be worse for you after you come off the diet. Your body won't know what's going on. There are some healthy fasts and cleanses out there that would be much better. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
  • ashleeliza
    Options
    Ive done it and I lost 8lbs,
    I had a variety of cereals with soya milk for breakfast and dinner and made a very nutritional lunch.
    I kept to it for 3 weeks
    You lost 8 lbs because you had a calorie deficit, not because you ate cereal.

^What he said...exactly...

I know. And eating the cereal gave me a calorie deficit therefore eating cereal helped me to lose weight.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have had good results in the past doing this. The key is to pick at least two cereals that your like, and that have a good nutritional profile. I used to do this a long time ago. It is a great way to just get the ball rolling on your weight loss.

You must be new here...

And? Does that mean I should'nt give my honest response? This is not a diet anyone should do long term, but it is fine to do for just maybe a wek or so. I have known of worse ways to get a diet started.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well, okay, Jerry.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Might I add, it is not something that anyone usually does long term. Sometimes you have to ignore all the naysayers and just give something a shot. Naturally, it is not the diet you will follow forever. Your asking makes me think of getting back into that again.

If I go by your join date, you haven't been here long so I'll give you a hint. When you post on a public forum - you are leaving yourself open to receiving all sorts of advice - whether straightforward, sugar coated, blunt, snarky, etc.

But most of the people here are trying to help you. Even if they seem mean or whatever - they probably know their stuff. Just because we aren't going to agree with everything and everyone doesn't mean we should be ignored. It means that people should really do their research into what they are getting into and understand that some people might have knowledge from doing such things themselves. -.-
  • PikaKnight
    Options

You must be new here...

And? Does that mean I should'nt give my honest response? This is not a diet anyone should do long term, but it is fine to do for just maybe a wek or so. I have known of worse ways to get a diet started.

How about instead of a "diet", the OP commit to changing her eating habits, learning portion control, etc - you know...things that "are" long term. Why not stop with the diet fads and just commit to living life being aware of her eating habits and health. She could do this, not have the success she wants and rage quit for all you know. We are trying to NOT set her up for failure but for success in the long run.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

But why would you want to try something so restrictive when you could do the same thing eating all kinds of food? It just makes no sense, outside of the oft-failed "This is a diet I must do anything that deprives me" thinking.
  • cmls10
    cmls10 Posts: 16
    Options
    ive tried it before it kind of didnt work for me, but sometimes it does work with other people. So might as well try it .:D if that doesnt work then you should try herbalife. If you are going to try the cereal one you should go with Special K or Fiber One
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Ive done it and I lost 8lbs,
    I had a variety of cereals with soya milk for breakfast and dinner and made a very nutritional lunch.
    I kept to it for 3 weeks
    You lost 8 lbs because you had a calorie deficit, not because you ate cereal.

^What he said...exactly...

I know. And eating the cereal gave me a calorie deficit therefore eating cereal helped me to lose weight.

Eating at a deficit is going to give you results. Whether from JUST cereal or a variety of foods. BUT - in terms of getting the nutrition your body needs daily....hmmm, I wonder what medical professionals would suggest.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a load of bull, and sugar. Have fun with carb city and crashing mid day into hunger strikes.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't know, guys. I think I could easily eat Cocoa Pebbles for two weeks straight...

Cocoa pebbles? Seriously?!

Someday..I'm going to marry this girl.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna give the 2 week cereal diet a bash, anyone had any luck with it? ive opted for cheerios cause they r yummy so i might have half a chance of sticking to it

This does not sounds like a good idea. Cereals are typically high glycemic indexed foods with little nutritional value. Your insulin levels will be up causing you to get hungry at more frequent intervals and causing fat cells to have a harder time releasing their contents.

In the off chance that the cereal diet did work, once you hit your goal weight, then what? You have not learned anything about eating healthy and you will go back to the diet that caused you to put weight on in the first place. Sticking with the basics is best. Eat lots of veggies, some fruit, lean means, a few nuts and seeds, no sugar and don't drink calories. That is what has worked for me.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    To Much Of Anything .......IS A BAD THING!

Except sex.

And circus animal cookies.

C'mon folks!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna give the 2 week cereal diet a bash, anyone had any luck with it? ive opted for cheerios cause they r yummy so i might have half a chance of sticking to it

Do it! Please make sure you check back in 2 weeks with your amazing results!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Did not read thread.

Cereal diet is a bad idea. It's incomplete nutrition and all gimmick diets are doomed to fail. Zero exceptions.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Did not read thread.

Cereal diet is a bad idea. It's incomplete nutrition and all gimmick diets are doomed to fail. Zero exceptions.

Except the sex and circus animal cookie diet!

Damnit Maureen...I thought you'd be with me on this one :(.
  • kbru64
    kbru64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dang, now I want some Cap 'n Crunch.