Water Consumption and What Qualifies as Water?

Options
124»

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Whenever I drink a cup of tea I count it as water, I just make sure it's actually 8oz. worth not a small one ya know?

^^ This!^^

The whole "water " thing is a hydration issue. When in a dehydrated state, your metabolism slows, thus stalling your weight loss. If tea is your thing, by all means, use it as your water intake. I do!
  • 2013james
    Options
    I know you're suppose to get half your body weight in water a day..

Of all the things being said in this thread I can't believe the above quote hasn't been commented on.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I know you're suppose to get half your body weight in water a day..

Of all the things being said in this thread I can't believe the above quote hasn't been commented on.

I pre empted it. As I said early in, drinking that much water would definitely help me lose weight, because the bathrooms at work are on the other side of the building.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Oh waiter! Please, can we have a new topic? This one is old and worn.

Before posting a topic, consider using the search function.

agreed!

yep... that way we can beat up the thread resurrector for reviving a dead horse!
    CUZ WE ALL ABOUT THE LOVE HERE! hahaha
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love these (daily) threads because they allow me to safely ignore ANY advice from all the clueless members who failed elementary science.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I only drink water from the ocean because it's in its most unprocessed form.

ocean water is "clean".

tap water is not.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    If it's caffeinated you shouldn't count it as water.
    Wrong.

Read the peer-reviewed scientific studies quoted/linked in this thread, thoroughly debunking this old wives' tale about caffeine which pollutes every MFP thread about water/hydration:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821181-myths-and-facts-about-hydration-requirements

you can't win. you can hit them over their heads with truth and science today, but tomorrow you know there will be a brand new thread on this exact same topic with the exact same misinformation.

you are now Bill Murray in your own personal Groundhog Day film.