Heavy lifting leads to sagging?

Options
12346»

Replies

• jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Three pounds? Well I guess that leaves out ANY barbell weights... pass.

The best looking woman in the office is one who is four months pregnant (just announced this weekend). Guess what .. she weight trains. She must be doing something wrong.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Oh my daays!!! however did Mrs Homo erectus survive if it's harmful for women to lift more than 3lb???? Put that lump of rock down, mrs homo erectus, your muscles will get saggy. tell mr homo erectus to make a hand axe for you (just a little tiny one, you don't want to strain yourself carrying it..) don't carry that animal carcass either, your uterus will fall out. I don't care if you've got nothing else to eat, you mustn't carry it! put your children down and make them walk, and don't carry all those heavy plant foods back to the cave. make Mr homo erectus do it instead! lifting more than 3lb will endanger the entire species and homo sapiens will never evolve!!!

My advice: if anyone ever tells you it's not safe for women to lift more than 3lb, tell them that a newborn baby weighs on average 7lb and ask them how they think the human race survived....
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My advice: if anyone ever tells you it's not safe for women to lift more than 3lb, tell them that a newborn baby weighs on average 7lb and ask them how they think the human race survived....

Obviously get someone else to carry the baby! It is too much for her.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    no. i lift. just no.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    are you serious ? SAGGING SKIN FROM BUILDING MUSCLE.. AHHAHAHHAHA NO.........
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That video is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Gwyneth Paltrow really needs to invest in some sports bras.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    says celebrity fitness instructor Tracy Anderson.

Houston, we have a problem...
  • Ironhorseman
    Ironhorseman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!! Your pics look great keep it up
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    LOL Tracy Anderson.

Ever seen this? Preposterous
    http://www.oprah.com/health/Gwyneth-Paltrows-Workout-Routine

The same Gwyneth Paltrow who developed osteopenia? Funny that.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Exactly, "says Tracy Anderson" should send up all sorts of warning flags. I can't take her seriously, and especially not on the subject of lifting heavy, as she knows nothing about that.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that along with her "method" you have a wonderful diet (called a "dynamic diet") of only 800 calories a day!

The recipe for total health and fitness!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What is an accessory muscle, can you change them if you get bored? what colours do they come in?

Proper training involves most your muscles in that area (primary muscles and secondary muscle benefit), muscles are complex things that usually work in groups. Except your tongue that can be evil, but even then that needs your jaw to move to get its point across!

think i'd rather lift, eat properly, have stronger bones and muscles, for whenever i get older (well alot older) and be alot less likely to break a bone over a small fall through malnutrishion (sp?) over a long period of time and not training.

Go weight lifting grannies!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    That video is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Gwyneth Paltrow really needs to invest in some sports bras.

Yes. Her boobs look horrible. Little boobs are not supposed to sag like that even after have babies. Maybe if she did some bench press.... Oh wait.