Irony of adding MFP friends with 500+ "friends"

Options
13»

Replies

• MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Lately I had request from a girl who has 800+ friends... um, decline!

hey! you spelled 'intelligent' wrong on your profile. just wanted to help out! :flowerforyou:

Haha! Love it! Such irony. :tongue:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

their status posts show up on your feed.

most people add me because they want my statuses. 75% never bother motivating me. Im a twitter feed, not a real person. I dont think you should worry so much about people who have hundreds of friends because:

1. they have jack to do with your fitness and weight loss goals
    2. they aren't injuring you
    3. they are probably just more tolerant than you
    4. no one will make you be their friend
    5. you probably have the same number of actual quality motivational friends as they do

Some people can handle it.

It doesnt mean we are trying to pimp out some BS beach body nonsense.

thanks for the judgment though :drinker:

Boom. Well said.

It always amuses me when the basis of someone's rant is what they thought something was *supposed* to be, and then they get upset when real people interact with the world in the way that's best for themselves instead of the OP's idealized vision.

"How dare you people use this site in a way that benefits you! I'm appalled!"
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If you make a popular post, you get like 20-30 FRs a day. Either you accept them all and then you're a *kitten* for having to many friends, or you decline a bunch and then you're a snob for declining people who want support. Luckily your opinion on who I choose to have on my FL has no bearing on me whatsoever.
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Lately I had request from a girl who has 800+ friends... um, decline!

hey! you spelled 'intelligent' wrong on your profile. just wanted to help out! :flowerforyou:

Corrected :smile:
  • DMV_Spicegirl
    Options
    I intentionally followed some youtube *winners* here so it may be a question of others requesting the connection. Do whats best for YOU.
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I accepted a FR from someone who added 400 people in a month. He was looking for sponsors for when he ran the London Marathon. Way to go and ruin a good site - jerk!

Delete!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    The amount of sour grapes I absorb by visiting the forums (fora...do you even Latin?) is putting me over my carb limit lately.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Anyone else wondering how many calories the OP burned with all this judging?

The real question is, is she supposed to eat them back?!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    So freakin' delete me. Delcine me! Who cares, really?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So freakin' delete me. Delcine me! Who cares, really?

Delete someone? No way!

Gotta catch 'em all!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Just friended everyone but the op, I NEED MOAR FREENDZ!!!!!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Wait, so you can't have 500 real friends? Were all those people lying in high school when they signed my yearbook to keep in touch?!

^ Win.