Can you be "hot" at 40?

Options

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I think you can be "hot" at any age! Good choices made in our 20's and 30's affect our looks in our 40's and beyond. For example, look at all those people who worshipped the sun or used tanning beds. My grandmother (who always looked 10-15 years younger than her age) told me the reason her skin was so youthful was because she stayed out of the sun and when she went to the beach she always had on a floppy hat to shade her face. She always believed that being in the sun too much gave you wrinkles. We'll see in my 40's whether her advice worked.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    why not? I fully intend to be.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Think of how many celebrities you know that are HOT and are 40+! Granted, we're just regular folks :-), but I intend to be as hot as I can be until I'm too old to do anything about it. Being hot isn't just in how you look... it's self-confidence and attitude too.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    why not? I'd say the answer is sure you can. I'm not there yet but working on it. Only if I'm "Hot" to my hubby and myself. Who cares :bigsmile:
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm 40! 41, to be exact. And I STILL got it goin' on! Just not in the same way I did when I was 20. More of a, cleans up really nice and when wearing the right set of Spanx to defy the effects of gravity and enough pancake makeup to make Tammy Fey look Amish can totally rock the house if the house is filled with women who are older and uglier than me. Yeah, that kind of way.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I sure hope so! (says the 40-year old...:tongue: )

Agreed. Dammit, that was my goal weight. Hot!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have been called "smokin' hot" quite a few times and not just by my husband whose required to think I'm hot. :smile: IDK... LOL! Must be true! :blushing:
  • Jo5ie
    Jo5ie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and HOT!!! :wink:
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My BF will be 40 in a couple of years and he's positively delicious. I don't see that changing.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    YES! But it really depends on the temperature!
  • shardinai
    Options
    Yes you can be hot and fab at age 40, 50 and 60. I turn 40 this weekend. I feel a person keeps getting better with time just like fine wine. lol
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and hotter than h.e. double hockey sticks....at least during August when mowing the grass.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Honestly, most of the really HOT ladies on MFP are near or past 40. Many women get better with age - at least I think so.

jennifer-aniston-running.jpg
  • Cincybuckfan
    Options
    At 39 I hope I sure can be hot by the time I get to 40 later this year! I am working on it for sure!
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and still have aspirations of being hot...and not the kind of hot generated by my changing hormones.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Love this thread ... very encouraging :heart: :bigsmile:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I've got some pretty hot lookin 45 yr old girl-friends. Yes, it's possible. And I'm 24, so I'm not being biased :smile:
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    YES! As long as you work at it and keep in shape, you can be hot at any age!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Honestly, most of the really HOT ladies on MFP are near or past 40. Many women get better with age - at least I think so.

jennifer-aniston-running.jpg

:flowerforyou:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am hot at 47... well at least in my hubby's eyes! :)