Can you be "hot" at 40?

Options

Replies

• thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    ummmmmmmmmmmmm yeah duh..... lol jk hope I didn't hurt your feel bads but yes you can be hot at any age...
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

My wife thinks I'm hot. That's all I need.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The only "hot" ages are 18 and early 19. Anything older is not hot. Like, OMG eww!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    The only "hot" ages are 18 and early 19. Anything older is not hot. Like, OMG eww!

mmhmm
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options

In case you missed it:
    opCjq.gif
  • cm196250
    Options
    Absolutely! I'am 50 and going to try it :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Hot no............................smokin' yes.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Okay. I am sorry. But I just have to weigh in with some truth. Women can. Yes. Definitely. Of course. My wife is a babe. But, men? Not so much.
    I used to play soccer in a league where all the players had to be over 40 years old.
    If you saw my soccer friends during the week, dressed in their suits, you would think: 'Man, that is one super-fit dude! He's lookin good."
    But, on Sunday, in their soccer kit, they looked like the characters from the old Andy Capp cartoon. Little bellies. No butt. Skinny legs.
    Men just lose the testosterone and they do not sustain the same muscle mass.
    No guy over 35 years of age (maybe 40 years) has any business walking around without a shirt on, except maybe at the pool. It is just never a pretty sight, especially when compared to a 25-year-old guy.
    Can an older guy stay in great shape? Yes. Can he look like an Adonis? No. No way.
    I have no idea how Sylvester Stallone looks the way he seems to look, at his age. Steroids? Special effects? One of those. The movies are a whole different donkey.

I whole heartily say...ARE YOU CRAZY!!!! Between the "older" (and I put that in quotes because what is old..) men on this forum and my husband who will be 50 in April, I say if you can keep your body looking like a GOD, good! My husband has the physic like a Roman GOD.

92943158_l.jpg My GOD

quoting just so I can look at your husband, you lucky woman! I hope he's as awesome as he looks ;)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Okay. I am sorry. But I just have to weigh in with some truth. Women can. Yes. Definitely. Of course. My wife is a babe. But, men? Not so much.
    I used to play soccer in a league where all the players had to be over 40 years old.
    If you saw my soccer friends during the week, dressed in their suits, you would think: 'Man, that is one super-fit dude! He's lookin good."
    But, on Sunday, in their soccer kit, they looked like the characters from the old Andy Capp cartoon. Little bellies. No butt. Skinny legs.
    Men just lose the testosterone and they do not sustain the same muscle mass.
    No guy over 35 years of age (maybe 40 years) has any business walking around without a shirt on, except maybe at the pool. It is just never a pretty sight, especially when compared to a 25-year-old guy.
    Can an older guy stay in great shape? Yes. Can he look like an Adonis? No. No way.
    I have no idea how Sylvester Stallone looks the way he seems to look, at his age. Steroids? Special effects? One of those. The movies are a whole different donkey.
    True, true.

However, hormone replacement therapy can fix a lot. Also, weight lifting at a younger age too.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Well. Just turned 38 so I'm not worried. I take care of myself and I look younger so bring it on.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    i hope so because im 43!!!
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Im 44 I am not done yet :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Snatch gotta expiration date on it. Yup punani expires at 29... u dont age like wine, u age like bread!

In this thread I learned that old people have sex with bread and young people have sex with wine.

What age is the scotch? Because... I like scotch!
  • taekwonkenpo
    taekwonkenpo Posts: 1,004
    Options
    You can not but i can!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Certainly not in the UK....it is damn cold......2 degrees!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! "Hotness" is in part a state of mind that shouldn't be inlfuenced by aging.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Holy cr@p, I missed that drivel earlier. What complete and utter nonsense.

This one is funny. My husband is 40 and looks better than a lot of 25 year olds. Of course there IS the issue of back hair....

Just one example...44 year old Hugh Jackman...do we really want him to put his shirt on?

hugh-jackman-shirtless_zpsd1f68a2b.jpg
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Nope sorry...once you hit 40 it is over! Hell, look at me, I used to be HELLA HOT. The night before I turned 40 I was "the bees knees", went to bed and woke up the next day and looked like Jabba the Hut and The Hunchback of Notre Dame procreated! Now I just travel around with a freak show circus and hope I can get the bearded lady to fondle me on accident.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Holy cr@p, I missed that drivel earlier. What complete and utter nonsense.

This one is funny. My husband is 40 and looks better than a lot of 25 year olds. Of course there IS the issue of back hair....

Just one example...44 year old Hugh Jackman...do we really want him to put his shirt on?

hugh-jackman-shirtless_zpsd1f68a2b.jpg

:love:
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    God I hope so as I hit the big 4 0 in September!!!