Jillian Michael's *RIPPED IN 30* challenge!

Options

Replies

• McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just started today.

36/female/5'6"

SW: 152
    CW: 152
    GW: 140
  • helenrs87
    Options
    I started this on Saturday, I could do with some encouragement! especially with the weather (UK) being so cold atm, my day after aches from doing this are unbearable.

my stats:

25/F/5'5"
    SW: 136
    CW: 115
    GW: 112

how are people finding it? I nearly fainted on my go at level 1, it was about the same intensity as 30DS level 2 I thought. I already used my rest day on day 3 as I couldn't move properly. But I think the strength sections are a bit easier being split into 3 sections rather than 2.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity which one would you reccomend for an obese couch potato to start with? You guys got me maybe wanting to try it.

I feel like probably the Ripped would be better for you to start with. Level 1 of Ripped is definitely easier than L1 on Shred. Maybe alternate. 1 week of Ripped then 1 week of shred. That way you have the "easy" levels for 2 weeks. You can do it! If you spend 30 minutes surfing the net, just spend that 30 minutes doing it! and get it over with!
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Welcome to the Newcomers! SO glad to have you in our group! I noticed a couple of you guys are pretty close to where I'm at. Pretty cool! I'm excited that we're all going to do this Ripped (or shred) together!

I just finished L1D1 of Ripped and it was over before I knew it! I LOVE IT! *so far* haha. :laugh: I can definitely feel the soreness in my glutes and hammies and even up into my buns from the half workout I did yesterday to see how my back could take it and oh my goodness! I can't wait til tomorrow!! ahhh!!!
  • mrzbritney
    mrzbritney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aww man! Im starting Week 3 today. I couldnt find a thread about Ripped in 30 when I started. Well, good luck ladies! Week 2 is extremely tough!
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Aww man! Im starting Week 3 today. I couldnt find a thread about Ripped in 30 when I started. Well, good luck ladies! Week 2 is extremely tough!

wow! So as someone who's made it through weeks 1 & 2. are you seeing progress?
  • hilarywang
    Options
    Hey guys! I have made it through the entire dvd (5-6 days per week) early last year and am redoing it, due to me becoming a couch potato after my wedding! I remember feeling much more toned and noticeably smaller after the 4th week- sorry I didn't take any pictures :-S It DOES work though- and I didn't even follow her diet plan.

I am starting week three today and have been following her recommendation of around a 1400-1500 calorie diet, with the exception to giving myself one cheat meal a week (plus a few light alcoholic beverages during the week)- otherwise I would never get through a strict diet! After the first couple days of week one, I noticed I was already smaller and my husband agreed. However, I haven't really noticed any big changes in my stomach (which is what I am most looking forward to) since then, but have seen my arms tone up significantly and all my muscles feel harder.

Week three is the hardest of all of them due to all the balancing, but if you get through it you will definitely be able to tell! Good luck! This is a great workout DVD- and some of her meal recommendations aren't bad either- I suggest you try some of them and make your own menu to follow :)
    P.S. 6 Pack in 6 Weeks & Extreme Shed & Shred are great workouts too. Haven't made it through here recommendations on those yet, but will after I finish Ripped in 30!
  • virginiadavis9803
    virginiadavis9803 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity which one would you reccomend for an obese couch potato to start with? You guys got me maybe wanting to try it.

I feel like probably the Ripped would be better for you to start with. Level 1 of Ripped is definitely easier than L1 on Shred. Maybe alternate. 1 week of Ripped then 1 week of shred. That way you have the "easy" levels for 2 weeks. You can do it! If you spend 30 minutes surfing the net, just spend that 30 minutes doing it! and get it over with!
  • virginiadavis9803
    virginiadavis9803 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

• hmoobninja
    hmoobninja Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ohh perfect! I happen to have just started again yesterday. This'll be my 3rd or 4th attempt to finish the whole thing...haha. I've a wedding to go to in 5 weeks so I'm really motivated now.

28/f/5'5"
    SW: 160
    UGW: 135 (I was 135 2 yrs ago but my partying and drinking and living the single life got out of hand...:sad: )
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this online. Planning on doing it in 3 weeks when I am finished 30DS.
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Started at the end of last week so yesterday was my 5th day..I would still like to join in though!
  • mrzbritney
    Options
    I have gotten A LOT stronger! I cant see a significant weight difference but my clothes fit differently, so I know something is happening. :)
  • mrzbritney
    Options

wow! So as someone who's made it through weeks 1 & 2. are you seeing progress?

I have gotten A LOT stronger! I cant see a significant
    weight difference but my clothes fit differently, so I
    know something is happening. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you if you'd like another group member. :) I did this in entirety once before - and have done it off and on since then, but it's so much more fun with a group!

My starting weight is probably 140 ish. I'm 5/4 and just want to firm things up and feel good.

I'll get a workout in tomorrow and post away! :)

Really looking forward to getting to know the rest of you! :flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Ohh perfect! I happen to have just started again yesterday. This'll be my 3rd or 4th attempt to finish the whole thing...haha. I've a wedding to go to in 5 weeks so I'm really motivated now.

28/f/5'5"
    SW: 160
    UGW: 135 (I was 135 2 yrs ago but my partying and drinking and living the single life got out of hand...:sad: )

Make THIS time be the time you do it in entirety!!! :) I will shoot for the same goal! :)
  • sxymace
    sxymace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am actually just starting Level 4 today but wanted to throw in that I love this DVD! Since I am essentially in the toning over losing weight, final stage of my weight loss I can't speak for it helping you drop a ton of pounds. I am still slowly losing. BUT I have noticed a big difference in my stamina and my muscle strength. It's awesome to be on Day 1 cursing at the TV, only to be powering through by the end of the week! Thanks to her sick fascination with the plank, I am also so excited on how my arms/ shoulders are toning up. Not so impressed with the ab portion of this though but no worries, I know she has a specific DVD for them ;-) It's a great option to mix things up and you'll find yourself looking forward to doing it each day (even with those darn duck walks....grrrr!)
  • FRENSHAN3
    Options
    It was a GREAT workout!!! I felt very energized as the day progressed!
  • FRENSHAN3
    Options
    Level 1 day 2 complete!!!! Lets get moving guys!!! :)
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I completed Ripped in 30 and I found it better than 30 Day Shred. Week 3 & 4 were my favourite(most challenging) and still doing it before my Insanity videos arrive.

Never before have I ever had muscle or been so toned. I could barely do 1 push up when I started. So I noticed a huge difference in the way my body looked and my strength. Good luck ladies!!