Jillian Michael's *RIPPED IN 30* challenge!

Options

Replies

• crisdai
    crisdai Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hi all!

i did week 1 and 2 and 2 days from wee 3 and then i had to stop. I was sick and then my baby got sick.i took one week break but tonight i will restart week 3.
    i m 5'4
    34 yo
    cw 165
    gw 125
    i know ..it is a long way to go but i will get there...:)
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi, y'all! I am so sore after the first day of Shred (yesterday). :embarassed: I ran today and will attempt day two tomorrow.

I plan on doing the DVD every other day so my muscles get a short break; will run/walk/rest in between Shred workouts.

I might try a few of the recipes from the meal plan but I intend on just eating clean with some wiggle room (red wine and the occasional burger are my weaknesses).

I remember the first time I did 30ds...soooo sooooore! But by day 3 or 4 I was rockin' it like a rockstar! Just be sure to stretch real good before and after since she doesn't really give enough time for that. I'm trying to eat clean as well. I have omelet muffins in the oven as I type! My weaknesses is sugar. Period. haha.

Oopsie, I meant to say Ripped, not Shred, LOL. I always get the two confused :glasses:
  • arwerth
    arwerth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    interesting, I've just got insanity, not tried it yet though. I was doing RI30 to begin with so that I have a decent fitness level before i start, as I think I'd struggle otherwise. What results did you get that you didn't like? How hard did you find it compared with Jillians workouts?

On my last day of week 1 today, not looking forward to starting week 2 tomorrow hearing of all the plank cardio! :( Not lost anything yet (although I'm only a couple of lbs off my goal weight, so not too bothered) but I've noticed a big increase in my fitness levels, and the other half has commented on my tone improving.

I'm assuming this was in response to my last post... I didn't get the definition in my stomach like I did with Jillian and my legs were getting bulky... Insanity also increases in the amount of time you have to dedicate whereas with Jillian the amount of time is generally the same for each level. For me personally, the transformation in my body was much more significant with Jillian than with the first 30 days of Insanity (While I will say I did see an increase in my fitness level). maybe if I would have continued I would have seen different results, and I know there are people who swear by it, but I'm a Jillian fan through and through :)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am gonna start tonight!!!!!!!!!!!
  • helenrs87
    Options
    interesting, I've just got insanity, not tried it yet though. I was doing RI30 to begin with so that I have a decent fitness level before i start, as I think I'd struggle otherwise. What results did you get that you didn't like? How hard did you find it compared with Jillians workouts?

On my last day of week 1 today, not looking forward to starting week 2 tomorrow hearing of all the plank cardio! :( Not lost anything yet (although I'm only a couple of lbs off my goal weight, so not too bothered) but I've noticed a big increase in my fitness levels, and the other half has commented on my tone improving.

I'm assuming this was in response to my last post... I didn't get the definition in my stomach like I did with Jillian and my legs were getting bulky... Insanity also increases in the amount of time you have to dedicate whereas with Jillian the amount of time is generally the same for each level. For me personally, the transformation in my body was much more significant with Jillian than with the first 30 days of Insanity (While I will say I did see an increase in my fitness level). maybe if I would have continued I would have seen different results, and I know there are people who swear by it, but I'm a Jillian fan through and through :)

Yes it was in reply to your last post, I clicked reply but I wasn't sure if it tells you if someone has replied. Anyways, after reading your post I looked at some of the real results of insanity (not the advert ones) but some of the results people had posted on mfp. I have to say, physically, the results don't look as good as 30DS or RI30. A few people have commented how they gained muscle weight and felt very strong afterwards, but perhaps not the favored workout for most women. I think I may give it a bash for the sake of my fitness after I've finished RI30, but I don't want to look like a bodybuilder.

Have you tried callanetics? I occasionally do it on my 'off days'. It's like a pilates type exercise developed for people with bad backs, however it's very good at tightening up your body and keeping you slim and lean. I had some good results with it a few years ago by its self, but I go back to it as i find it helps prevent me from looking bulky.
  • McCelmer
    Options
    I am gonna start tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

How did it go?! :happy:
  • deven83
    Options
    Just started Level 2, Day One. It may have been a little much for me, considering I did puke a little. :)
  • fissa33
    Options
    I'd love to join this group! I just finished day 4 of week 1 tonight. I'm hoping to do it 4-5 days a week as I also am in a bootcamp class (which is often very similar to JM workouts) & I would like to incorporate spin and hot yoga when I can. Easier said than done while looking after a 13 month old, but I'll try :)

I decided to start this DVD & to really buckle down because I can't lose all of my baby weight. I lost quite a bit right away & then put some back on. I am currently 175 lbs & would like to be 155 lbs. I gained about 30 lbs during my pregnancy. We are talking about TTC in a few months so I'd love to shed some weight first so my starting pregnancy weight isn't up 20 lbs from normal.

I've always been told not to train the same muscle groups on back to back days as they need a day of rest to recover (and to do cardio on the off days). But Jillian does say to do this DVD 5-6 days a week, right? Has anyone found that your muscles haven't had enough recovery time? I don't want to be doing any damage, that's all.

Thanks! Looking forward to reading everyone's progress!

5'6" female
    36 years old
    SW: 175
    GW: 155
  • fissa33
    Options
    Also, how are you entering the workouts into myfitnesspal to track calories burned? Do you know roughly how many calories are burned doing the workouts? I know it depends on each person of course.
  • SFCWife04
    Options
    Can I join?
  • McCelmer
    Options
    Also, how are you entering the workouts into myfitnesspal to track calories burned? Do you know roughly how many calories are burned doing the workouts? I know it depends on each person of course.

Other members have recommended using "circuit training." 25 minutes burns approximately 230 calories. :smile:
  • fissa33
    Options
    Thanks! Yes, I did some further research & that seems to make the most sense. Thanks again! :)
  • Jenn641
    Options
    I started RI30 a few weeks ago. Since I tend to workout only 4-5 days a week, I stuck with Week 1 for a full 7 workouts. Just started Week 2 yesterday, and OMG, sore again! I REALLY enjoyed Week 1, but Week 2 seems pretty tough! I hope I'm able to pick up on the moves so I can get the most out of this workout! I did take some measurements after my 7 days on Week 1, and already lost 2.5" from my hips, and nearly 1.5" off my waist! I don't follow the diet plan, but have been working REALLY HARD at eating as healthy as I can (with a pizza splurge every now and then...can't help it).

SW 117
    CW 116
    GW 110

Good luck everyone! Here's to keeping each other motivated!!!
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 1 of Week 2! It was seriously tough but I loved it! I also went for a run because I felt like I didn't get enough cardio in since I'm still new to learning the newer moves.

So I've only lost about 4 lbs total since I've started the 30DS and RI30, but I've definitely lost inches and toned up a LOT. Any ideas on how to lose actual pounds? I know that isn't what is most important but I would like to lower my overall body mass just a bit. I eat about 1300-1400 cals a day and do RI30 5x a week plus have been adding some extra cardio. I do drink occasionally but only on weekends and not a lot. Any ideas?
  • McCelmer
    Options
    Completed Day 1 of Week 2! It was seriously tough but I loved it! I also went for a run because I felt like I didn't get enough cardio in since I'm still new to learning the newer moves.

So I've only lost about 4 lbs total since I've started the 30DS and RI30, but I've definitely lost inches and toned up a LOT. Any ideas on how to lose actual pounds? I know that isn't what is most important but I would like to lower my overall body mass just a bit. I eat about 1300-1400 cals a day and do RI30 5x a week plus have been adding some extra cardio. I do drink occasionally but only on weekends and not a lot. Any ideas?

Just a hunch but maybe you've hit a plateau already? Try a different high intensity workout to change things up a bit and confuse your muscles. I definitely don't think you should eat less.
  • danahouseholderr
    Options

Just a hunch but maybe you've hit a plateau already? Try a different high intensity workout to change things up a bit and confuse your muscles. I definitely don't think you should eat less.

Thanks! You think so? Should I try doing another one of Jillian's workouts or just keep going with RI30? I just started week 2 so maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit with wanting to see results? Not sure. I've tried Insanity and P90X and those just didn't work for me.
  • Lana272727
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I've done 30 day shred for a bit and now I am doing Ripped in 30, but I am not doing too well. No weight loss and I admit I am losing heart a bit.

@dghouseholder
    Is there anything where you can try Insanity for free? I had a peak at it before and it looks great, but the the length of workout puts me off a little (a lot!).

Lana
  • McCelmer
    Options

Thanks! You think so? Should I try doing another one of Jillian's workouts or just keep going with RI30? I just started week 2 so maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit with wanting to see results? Not sure. I've tried Insanity and P90X and those just didn't work for me.

I suggest giving it a few more weeks :smile: If you don't get the results you want, maybe boost intensity and/or reps.

I started week two of Ripped on Saturday and struggled almost the entire time; I did day two this morning and it was a bit easier. So far, I really like the format and overall workout - it is HUMBLING :blushing:
  • danahouseholderr
    Options

I suggest giving it a few more weeks :smile: If you don't get the results you want, maybe boost intensity and/or reps.

I started week two of Ripped on Saturday and struggled almost the entire time; I did day two this morning and it was a bit easier. So far, I really like the format and overall workout - it is HUMBLING :blushing:

You're probably right! I'm on week 3 of Ripped now with no huge visible results but i have lost two pounds so I'm hoping maybe by week 4 it'll all just magically happen haha. And week 2 was so tough for me! Glad to hear you're enjoying! Have you seen any results at all? I know you're only on week 2 but some people have seen results that early! Also, anyone finish it and/or are close to being done (week 3 & 4)? This thread seems to have died haha
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Is this dvd apartment noise level safe? I live on the bottom floor but I'm still cautious about making too much noise. Does it require a lot of indoor cardio?